- RSS Channel Showcase 7068765
- RSS Channel Showcase 3254971
- RSS Channel Showcase 1854477
- RSS Channel Showcase 9371691
Articles on this Page
- 06/26/13--16:00: _French Army receive...
- 06/26/13--16:00: _First C-130J-30 air...
- 06/26/13--16:00: _Fatal blasts destro...
- 06/26/13--16:00: _FAC conducts Arpia ...
- 06/26/13--16:00: _EUTM starts trainin...
- 06/26/13--16:00: _DoD IG report cites...
- 06/26/13--16:00: _Boeing begins KC-46...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _Thai cabinet approv...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _Saudi Typhoon deliv...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _Russia to open lang...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _Poland seeks 1,600 ...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _Paris Air Show 2013...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _Navantia signs acco...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _Indonesia and US co...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _First NASAMS High M...
- 06/27/13--04:00: _'Long-term' Iskande...
- 06/27/13--16:00: _USMC's top officer ...
- 06/27/13--16:00: _Upgrading UH-72As f...
- 06/27/13--16:00: _Turkey takes legal ...
- 06/27/13--16:00: _Turkey and UAE to g...
- 06/26/13--16:00: French Army receives first Iveco PPTs
- 06/26/13--16:00: First C-130J-30 airlifter for Israel handed over
- 06/26/13--16:00: Fatal blasts destroy Russian ammunition dump
- 06/26/13--16:00: FAC conducts Arpia IV weapon trials
- 06/26/13--16:00: EUTM starts training second Malian battalion
- 06/26/13--16:00: DoD IG report cites literacy as top ANA leadership challenge
- 06/26/13--16:00: Boeing begins KC-46A build
- 06/27/13--04:00: Thai cabinet approves procurement of Airbus ACJ320 VIP transporter
- 06/27/13--04:00: Russia to open language school for Myanmarese military officers
- 06/27/13--04:00: Poland seeks 1,600 light vehicles
- 06/27/13--04:00: Paris Air Show 2013: German Navy Super Lynx to get Titan turrets
- 06/27/13--04:00: Navantia signs accord to support Norwegian F-310 frigates
- 06/27/13--04:00: Indonesia and US commit to joint CBRNE solutions development
- 06/27/13--04:00: First NASAMS High Mobility Launcher delivered to Norway
- 06/27/13--04:00: 'Long-term' Iskander production contract announced
- 06/27/13--16:00: Turkey takes legal step to end justification for coups
- 06/27/13--16:00: Turkey and UAE to get CH-47F Chinooks
The French Land Forces Headquarters (Section Technique de l'Armée de Terre) has taken delivery of the first of 200 Porteur Polyvalente Terrestre (PTT) cross-country vehicles from Italian company Iveco Defence Vehicles and its French partner, Soframe, which is part of the Lohr Group.
Israel took formal delivery of the first of three Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 Hercules transport aircraft during a ceremony at the company's Marietta production facility in Georgia on 26 June.
The aircraft will now undergo Israel-specific upgrades in the US ahead of being handed over to the Israel
One person died and 40 were injured on 18 June as explosions devastated a Russian ammunition depot at Chapaevsk in Russia's south-western Samara region.
Massive detonations spread for hours following an incident during the disassembly of ammunition, at the depot, which is said to have contained 13
The Colombian Air Force (FAC) announced on 24 June it has been undertaking weapons trials as part of the Arpia IV upgrade for its fleet of 12 AH-60L Arpia III attack helicopters.
The FAC expects to replace the Arpia III's GAU-19 12.7 mm machine guns with a 20 mm cannon and add an anti-tank missile
The European Union Training Mission in Mali (EUTM-Mali) began training the first contingent of a second battalion of Malian soldiers on 26 June, according to Patrick de Rousiers, chairman of the EU Military Committee.
"The second battalion has been identified and selected by the Malian
Key Points The DoD IG praised US and coalition forces for efforts to improve poor literacy rates among ANA leaders Other US and coalition efforts need improvement, such as standardising advisor training and improving evaluations of ANA leadership progress
US and coalition forces in Afghanistan have
Boeing has begun work building the first of a planned 179 KC-46A aerial refuelling aircraft for the US Air Force (USAF), the company announced on 26 June.
The first 25 m wing spar for the 767-200ER-derived tanker was loaded into a jig at Boeing's Everett manufacturing facility near Seattle,
The Thai cabinet has given the go ahead for the Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) to procure an Airbus ACJ320 corporate jet for VIP transportation at a cost of THB3.4 billion (USD110 million).
State media said approval was given in a cabinet meeting on 25 June. Funds allocated to the acquisition include
BAE Systems is progressing with the delivery of the second tranche of 48 Eurofighter Typhoons to Saudi Arabia with the departure for the kingdom of the second pair from company's facility at Warton in the UK on 27 June.
With delivery of the first 24 Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) Typhoons from Warton
Russia is planning to open a new intensive language training centre in Myanmar as part of expanding bilateral military ties between the two countries.
Due to open later this year, the language centre is understood to have been one topic discussed in talks in Moscow on 24 June between Russian
The Polish Land Forces have started technical discussions related to the procurement of 1,600 new light multipurpose 4x4 vehicles, which are intended to replace their fleets of ageing Polish-made Honker, Honker 2000 and Skorpion-3 vehicles and remaining Russian-origin UAZ469 jeeps.
Plans call for a
Germany's Federal Ministry of Defence (MoD) has awarded a contract worth EUR5 million (USD6.5 million) to Selex ES for an unspecified number of Titan 385ES-HD (Enhanced Stability-High Definition) sensor turrets to equip the German Navy's Super Lynx Mk 88A helicopters.
The Titan 385ES-HD turret's
Spanish state-owned shipbuilder Navantia has signed a three-year life cycle support contract with the Norwegian Defence Logistics Organisation (NDLO) to carry out follow-on technical support for the Royal Norwegian Navy's five F-310 Fridtjof Nansen-class frigates.
The deal was signed in Bergen on
Indonesia and the United States have agreed to collaborate in developing counter-chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) capability, further expanding defence ties between the two countries.
The Indonesian Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the US Defense Threat Reduction
Raytheon has delivered the first High Mobility Launcher (HML) for Norway's National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS), the company announced on 25 June.
The HML is designed to significantly reduce the time required to transport and deploy NASAMS units. Deliveries of the systems to
The Russian Ministry of Defence announced on 24 June it has concluded a "long-term" contract to procure Iskander (NATO designation: SS-26 'Stone') tactical ballistic missiles in complete "brigade sets", according to Russian news agency RIA Novosti.
The contract runs through to
Key Points The USMC is on track to reduce its end strength to 182,100 marines by Fiscal Year 2017, the service's top officer has said However, the force may have to cut 8,000 more marines if sequestration remains in effect beyond 2016
The US Marine Corps' (USMC's) top officer told reporters on 26
Modifications to the US Army's fleet of EADS UH-72A Lakota light utility helicopters that would make them suitable for use in combat environments are "presently unaffordable," top Pentagon weapon buyer Frank Kendall wrote in a 21 June letter to Congress in response to queries from
In a long-awaited move, the Turkish government submitted a draft law to parliament on 27 June to amend the controversial Article 35 of the Internal Service Law of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) and thus end the military's justification for mounting coups, which it has staged three times since 1960.
Both Turkey and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are set to receive an undisclosed number of Boeing CH-47F Chinook medium/heavy-lift transport helicopters, according to a US Department of Defense (DoD) contract notification released in mid-June.
These Foreign Military Sales (FMS) make up a portion of