- RSS Channel Showcase 3905285
- RSS Channel Showcase 3521153
- RSS Channel Showcase 2217275
- RSS Channel Showcase 7027858
Articles on this Page
- 06/11/17--17:00: _SEPI renounces pref...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _Report: France, Ger...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _North Korea to test...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _MAST Asia 2017: NEC...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _India issues RFIs f...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _German advanced tea...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _China's first peace...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _Belgian F-16s fly 8...
- 06/11/17--17:00: _BAE Systems complet...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _US Air Force F-35A ...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _Mattis, Gen Dunford...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _Pentagon could brie...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _North Korea is 'mos...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _MAST Asia 2017: Shi...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _MAST Asia 2017: BMT...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _Iranian logistics v...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _Industry ends row o...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _IDF restructuring i...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _Bulgarian Navy heli...
- 06/12/17--17:00: _Boeing drops MSA an...
- 06/11/17--17:00: SEPI renounces preferential rights on Hispasat stake
- 06/11/17--17:00: Report: France, Germany finalising joint defence fund
- 06/11/17--17:00: North Korea to test-fire ICBM in not too distant future, says report
- 06/11/17--17:00: German advanced team arrives in Jordan to prepare move from Incirlik
- 06/11/17--17:00: Belgian F-16s fly 8,000 hours against IS
- 06/11/17--17:00: BAE Systems completes Saudi Typhoon deliveries
- 06/12/17--17:00: US Air Force F-35A grounding at Luke AFB continues
- 06/12/17--17:00: Mattis, Gen Dunford decry congressional budgeting
- 06/12/17--17:00: Pentagon could brief new strategy for Afghanistan in July
- 06/12/17--17:00: Iranian logistics vessel back in action
- 06/12/17--17:00: Industry ends row over who produces K130 corvettes
- 06/12/17--17:00: IDF restructuring intel collection corps
- 06/12/17--17:00: Bulgarian Navy helicopter collides with frigate
- 06/12/17--17:00: Boeing drops MSA and RAMIS platforms from portfolio
Spanish state-holding company Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI) renounced its preferential rights to buy a 33% stake in defence satellite operator Hispasat, the group announced on 9 June.
The move now leaves the way open for Hispasat to be acquired by infrastructure group
Officials from France and Germany are working out details for a joint defence fund designed to help military investment, German minister of defence Ursula von der Leyen told the Funke Mediengruppe newspaper on 10 June according to a translation from Reuters.
The details are being sorted before a
The newspaper of North Korea's ruling party, Rodong Sinmun , has claimed that the country's test-launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) will take place in the not too distant future, according to a 10 June report by South Korea's Yonhap News Agency.
"The series of recent
NEC Corporation has developed an improved variant of its sonar-based underwater invasion warning system (UIWS).
Speaking at the MAST Asia 2017 exhibition in Tokyo, Makoto Ogawa, a member of the corporation's Radio Application Division, said that the new model will provide a more reliable deterrent
India's Ministry of Defence (MoD) has invited responses by 8 July from foreign and domestic suppliers on its planned acquisition of 7.62 mm rifles, sub-machine guns (SMGs), and pistols for the Indian Air Force's (IAF's) Garud special forces.
The MoD has also issued requests for information (RFIs)
The advanced party of Germany's Operation 'Counter Daesh' arrived in Amman, Jordan, on 8 June, a day after Berlin decided to transfer its Tornado reconnaissance aircraft and Airbus A310 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) from Incirlik, Turkey, to the Royal Jordanian Air Force Base of Al-Azraq. Their
The first elements of China's first peacekeeping helicopter unit have arrived in the Sudanese capital of Khartoum to join the UN-African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID).
The first 12 members of the 140 strong unit arrived in the African country on 11 June along with the first two of four Mi-171
Belgian F-16s by 8 June had clocked up 8,000 hours bombing and reconnoitering the so-called Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria since October 2014, the Ministry of Defence announced. This includes close air support, air interdiction of IS targets, and aerial reconnaissance in Iraq and, since 2016,
BAE Systems has completed Eurofighter Typhoon deliveries to Saudi Arabia, with the 72nd and final aircraft being flown to the Kingdom on 6 June.
Images of single-seat aircraft 8023 and 8024 (UK serials ZK622 and ZK623 respectively) departing BAE Systems' Warton production facility were posted on
The US Air Force (USAF), for the second consecutive day, cancelled 12 June flight operations of its Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike Fighters (JSF) located at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona, according to a service spokesperson.
USAF spokesperson Major Rebecca Heyse said on 12 June in
The top two Pentagon officials argued that Congress' dysfunctional budgeting process - stymied by years of partisan roadblocks - is damaging the Department of Defense's (DoD's) ability to wage war.
For the past four years the DoD "has been subject to or threatened by automatic,
US secretary of defence Jim Mattis expects to brief Congress on a new strategy for Afghanistan around "mid-July", he during 13 June Senate testimony.
John McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, admonished Mattis and the Trump administration during the hearing for not
US secretary of defence Jim Mattis has referred to North Korea as "the most urgent and dangerous threat to peace and security" amid growing tensions over the Northeast Asian country's development and testing of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles.
In a written statement to the US House
Japanese aerospace company ShinMaywa has confirmed that it is prepared to distribute work on the US-2 aircraft with local companies, should it be selected for Jakarta's amphibious search-and-rescue (SAR) requirements, but played down the option of a final assembly in Indonesia.
Speaking to Jane's
UK defence company BMT has teamed up with Japanese shipbuilder Mitsui to offer the Caimen-90 landing craft
Platform promises faster amphibious offloads even as launch distances increase given advances in shore defence
UK naval architecture and systems engineering company BMT Defence
The Islamic Republic of Iran Navy (IRIN) signalled on 11 June that there are no long-term problems with its logistics vessel Bushehr when it announced that it had embarked on a new patrol.
IRIN commander Admiral Habibollah Sayyari admitted that Bushehr experienced trouble during the voyage to the
The shipyards disputing who can produce the German Navy's second batch of K130 corvettes reached a solution to their row on 8 June. Previous contractor consortium Lürssen and ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) and competitor German Naval Yards (GNY) have agreed that the latter can participate
As part of a wider role-based restructuring of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), the Combat Intelligence Collection Corps (CICC) has been given responsibility for building up, training, and arming border security units, a senior officer has told Jane's .
Previously, the corps was in charge of five
A Bulgarian Navy pilot died and two other officers on board were injured on 9 June when their Eurocopter AS.565MB Panther multi-purpose helicopter (military identification number 902, construction number 6849) crashed in the Black Sea, 20 km south of Varna, after colliding with the Bulgarian Navy
Boeing has dropped both the Maritime Surveillance Aircraft (MSA) and Reconfigurable Airborne Multi-Intelligence System (RAMIS) from its portfolio, after failing to secure sales for either platform.
A company representative acknowledged to Jane's in early June that, despite showcasing the Bombardier