- RSS Channel Showcase 8948838
- RSS Channel Showcase 3246714
- RSS Channel Showcase 8727223
- RSS Channel Showcase 6357205
Articles on this Page
- 06/12/17--17:00: _Belgium grounds C-1...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _VOP CZ reveals stra...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _Romanian Lancer-C c...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _Pakistan's KSEW sig...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _Pakistan's 1,500-to...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _Indian Army plans t...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _India re-starts CQB...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _German Army reorien...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _Bangladesh announce...
- 06/12/17--18:00: _Argentine Army anno...
- 06/13/17--17:00: _US Navy struggling ...
- 06/13/17--17:00: _Nammo buys Moog's E...
- 06/13/17--16:00: _Suspected North Kor...
- 06/13/17--16:00: _Gardner sold to pri...
- 06/13/17--17:00: _UK participation in...
- 06/13/17--17:00: _Pentagon could brie...
- 06/13/17--17:00: _Pentagon budget 201...
- 06/13/17--17:00: _India poised to sec...
- 06/13/17--17:00: _DSME aims to raise ...
- 06/13/17--18:00: _USAF increases scop...
- 06/12/17--17:00: Belgium grounds C-130s over safety concerns
- 06/12/17--18:00: VOP CZ reveals strategic partnership with UAE's Nimr Automotive
- 06/12/17--18:00: Romanian Lancer-C crashes during exercise
- 06/12/17--18:00: Pakistan's 1,500-tonne MPV fitting out at shipyard in Guangzhou
- 06/12/17--18:00: India re-starts CQB carbine procurement process
- 06/12/17--18:00: German Army reorients itself towards Europe
- 06/12/17--18:00: Bangladesh announces USD3.2 billion defence budget
- 06/12/17--18:00: Argentine Army announces armour upgrade programmes
- 06/13/17--17:00: US Navy struggling to diagnose T-45 breathing gas issues
- 06/13/17--17:00: Nammo buys Moog's European space business
- 06/13/17--16:00: Gardner sold to private equity group
- 06/13/17--17:00: Pentagon could brief new strategy for Afghanistan in July
- 06/13/17--17:00: India poised to secure largest ever FDI in defence
- 06/13/17--17:00: DSME aims to raise USD700 million through share sale
Belgium has temporarily withdrawn from service its 11 Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules transport aircraft due to safety concerns, national media reported on 9 June.
The C-130H-variant aircraft operated by the Belgian Air Component (BAC) will remain grounded for two weeks while checks are carried out
VOP CZ, the state-owned facility for the development, manufacture, repair, servicing, and modernisation of military land platforms for the Czech Ministry of Defence (MoD), has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Nimr Automotive of the UAE for the production, marketing and sales of the
A Romanian Air Force Lancer-C single-engine fighter crashed on 12 June in south-eastern Romania while on a training mission during Exercise 'Thracian Eagle 2017' with the Bulgarian Air Force.
The Soviet-era MiG-21MF-75 modernised by Aerostar/Elbit (military identification number 5788) of the 861st
Pakistan's Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works Limited (KSEW) has signed a contract with Dutch shipbuilder Damen Shipyards for the local construction of a multipurpose offshore patrol vessel (OPV) for the Pakistan Navy.
The contract was signed on 12 June by KSEW managing director Rear Admiral
Images have emerged on Chinese online forums showing a cutter on order for the Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) berthed alongside for fitting out at the Huangpu shipyard in the southern Chinese port city of Guangzhou.
The ship is assessed to be the first of two 1500-tonne maritime patrol
The Indian Army (IA) plans to deploy a squadron of armed Rudra Advanced Light Helicopters in the northeastern Indian state of Assam near the country's disputed border with China to increase its military posture in the region.
By the end of the year an Army Aviation Corps (AAC) squadron consisting
India's Ministry of Defence (MoD) has invited responses by 15 July from foreign and local manufacturers on the procurement of an initial 44,000 modular 5.56x45 mm close quarter battle (CQB) carbines for the Indian Army (IA).
In a 13 June request for information (RFI) the MoD stated that the tender
Planners in the German Ministry of Defence are reorienting the country's military posture away from overseas operations to national and NATO territorial defence, despite a restructuring focusing on overseas deployments such as to Afghanistan initiated in 2011. Under the reorientation, the number of
Bangaldeshi budget increases 16% over original 2016-17 budget.
Despite growth, shortfall in procurement expected to continue.
The Bangladesh government has announced a defence budget of BDT257.5 billion (USD3.2 billion) for fiscal year 2017-18.
Budgetary documents published by the
The Argentine Army plans to overhaul, modernise, and expand its armoured and transport vehicle fleets, according to Brigadier General Federico Sidders, chief of the service's Directorate of Plans, Programmes, and Budget.
The plans are part of a wider effort that includes buying a new assault rifle,
The US Navy is struggling to find the root cause of breathing gas issues in the T-45
This hampers the service's ability to produce pilots for the active service
The US Navy (USN) is struggling to diagnose the root cause of breathing gas issues with the Boeing T-45 Goshawk jet trainer
Norwegian firm Nammo has reached a deal to buy Moog's European space propulsion business, the company announced on 12 June. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Nammo will be taking over three Moog facilities, two in the United Kingdom and one in Ireland. In total, 60 employees will move
A suspected North Korean unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) took photographs of the deployment site of the US Army's Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system in South Korea before crashing near the inter-Korean border, a South Korean defence official told reporters.
The 1.8 m-long UAV, which
Gardner Aerospace Holdings is changing private equity hands, moving from Better Capital to Ligeance Investments, Better Capital announced on 12 June. The sale is for GBP326 million (USD416 million).
Gardner makes aircraft components for several markets, with production facilities in Europe and
The European Union's recent proposal to create a multi-billion-euro European Defence Fund (EDF) for research and acquisition contains wording that, by implication, would exclude the United Kingdom as a beneficiary to any part of the fund, which would be one of the first Brexit pieces of EU
US secretary of defence Jim Mattis expects to brief Congress on a new strategy for Afghanistan around "mid-July", he during 13 June Senate testimony.
John McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, admonished Mattis and the Trump administration during the hearing for not
The Pentagon released the topline budget request for its military intelligence programme on 12 June, asking for a total of USD20.7 billion. That number is a 23% increase over the initial fiscal year 2017 request, and 12% over a revised 2017 request sent to Congress after President Donald Trump took
India’s largest ever foreign direct investment (FDI) in defence of around INR2 billion (USD31.25 million) is expected to arrive imminently from France’s Dassault via its Indian joint venture (JV). The total is nearly six times the cumulative inflow of USD5.12 million in the sector since
South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) has said it will issue another batch of shares to support financial and corporate restructuring.
DSME said in a filing to the Korean Exchange on 13 June that it plans to sell new stocks worth KRW792.8 billion (USD703
The US Air Force (USAF) is to increase the number of aircraft and additional airframe hours to be included in a planned service-life extension programme (SLEP) of its fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft.
While the service had previously stated that up to 300 of the