- RSS Channel Showcase 1392023
- RSS Channel Showcase 2982855
- RSS Channel Showcase 3238945
- RSS Channel Showcase 2731120
Articles on this Page
- 06/19/17--17:00: _EU extends sanction...
- 06/19/17--17:00: _China, Russia agree...
- 06/19/17--17:00: _Boeing wins three-y...
- 06/19/17--17:30: _China claims develo...
- 06/19/17--17:00: _Brazil's nuclear su...
- 06/19/17--17:30: _Raytheon awarded US...
- 06/19/17--18:00: _Paris Air Show 2017...
- 06/19/17--18:30: _Paris Air Show 2017...
- 06/19/17--18:30: _Paris Air Show 2017...
- 06/19/17--19:00: _Paris Air Show 2017...
- 06/20/17--16:00: _Sofitec expanding S...
- 06/20/17--16:00: _Paris Air Show 2017...
- 06/20/17--17:00: _US Gen Hyten wants ...
- 06/20/17--17:00: _US Army seeks struc...
- 06/20/17--17:00: _Safran and Thai Avi...
- 06/20/17--17:00: _Paris Air Show 2017...
- 06/20/17--17:00: _India launches firs...
- 06/20/17--17:00: _F-35As at Luke AFB ...
- 06/20/17--17:30: _US Army fires, air ...
- 06/20/17--17:30: _Latvia boosts defen...
- 06/19/17--17:00: EU extends sanctions against Russia for seizure of Crimea
- 06/19/17--17:00: China, Russia agree to co-operate in development of gas turbines
- 06/19/17--17:00: Boeing wins three-year contract to support Indian Navy's P-8I fleet
- 06/19/17--17:30: China claims development of microwave photonics-based radar
- 06/19/17--17:00: Brazil's nuclear submarine project faces postponement
- 06/19/17--17:30: Raytheon awarded USD618 million contract for SM-2 missiles
- 06/20/17--16:00: Sofitec expanding Seville factory
- 06/20/17--17:00: Safran and Thai Aviation Industries sign helicopter engine accord
- 06/20/17--17:00: India launches first indigenously built floating dock for IN
- 06/20/17--17:00: F-35As at Luke AFB in Arizona return to flight 21 June
- 06/20/17--17:30: Latvia boosts defence spending
EU foreign ministers agreed on 19 June to the one-year extension to 23 June 2018 of sanctions against Russia in response to its illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol. The measures apply to EU citizens and EU-based companies. They forbid any exports of goods and technologies to Crimean
China's Harbin Turbine Company (HTC) has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Russia's United Engine Corporation (UEC) for the supply, production, and development of small- and medium-sized industrial gas-turbine units that could potentially also be used to power naval ships.
The deal was
Boeing has been awarded a three-year contract to continue support of the Indian Navy's (IN's) fleet of P-8I Neptune long-range maritime multi-mission aircraft.
In addition to field and logistics service representatives, the contract includes engineering, support, and planning, said the US-based
The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) has developed a microwave photonics-based radar prototype that can capture images of significantly higher resolution than those provided by similar radar systems, according to Chinese state-media reports.
"Compared with traditional radar, the [recently
Under pressure from a combination of financial and political factors, the Brazilian government is considering an extended suspension of funding for its SN-BR nuclear-powered submarine programme, sources in Brasilia have told Jane's .
The SN-BR programme was launched in 1978 and since then USD4.3
Raytheon Missile Systems has been awarded an USD617.6 million contract to supply an undisclosed number of surface-to-air SM-2 missiles to the US Navy and allied foreign navies.
If all options are exercised, the cumulative value of the contract, which also includes spares, is USD652.7 million, the
Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) is looking to sell Kfir fighters that were earmarked for Argentina to United States-based private contractors for use as 'Red Air' training platforms, a senior company executive told Jane's on 20 June.
Speaking at the Paris Air Show in Le Bourget, Benjamin Cohen,
The recent arrival on Israel's border of the latest generation Russian air defence systems has "sharpened the mind" of Rafael as it looks to maintain the air force's freedom of operation in the region, Jane's was told on 20 June.
Speaking at the Paris Air Show, company representative
Airbus Helicopters has showcased an updated concept for the high speed demonstrator it is developing as part of the Clean Sky 2 European research programme.
Revealed at the Paris Air Show on 20 June, the Rapid And Cost-Effective Rotorcraft (RACER) concept features updated aerodynamics to help it
US aerospace firm Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc launched what it described as "the future of air combat" at the Paris Air Show in the form of a new class of high-performance, jet-powered unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Building on its experience in providing
Spanish plane parts maker Sofitec is to build a 20,000 m2 extension that will include a new surface treatment section at its Carmona factory near Seville.
It has also just opened a new commercial office in Paris, director general, José Miguel Hernández, announced at the Paris Air Show on
Tel Aviv-based Bird Aerosystems presented its AeroShield missile defence pod in its full configuration for the first time at the Paris Air Show.
Based on the Airborne Missile Protection System (AMPS) family of solutions that the company produces in co-operation with Airbus Defence and Space, the
A top US officer wants the Pentagon to accelerate its nuclear weapons modernisation efforts
These are huge programmes that will all be modernised simultaneously
The United States officer in charge of its nuclear arsenal wants the Pentagon to accelerate its nuclear modernisation
The US Army is exploring force structure options to add capability for addressing peer adversaries such as Russia, as 'modular' brigade combat teams (BCTs) may lack some of the necessary functions, according to Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, head of US Army Europe (USAREUR).
"I think the army
Safran Helicopter Engines (Safran HE) has signed an agreement with Thai Aviation Industries (TAI) to support powerplants fitted onto helicopters operated by the Royal Thai Armed Forces.
Under the memorandum of understanding (MOU), which was signed on 20 June at the Paris Air Show, the two companies
Lockheed Martin officials launched the C-130J-SOF at the Paris Air Show on 20 June, the first ever special operations forces (SOF)-configured production variant of the Super Hercules transport aircraft to be offered for export.
The baseline C-130J-SOF comes in an ISR configuration that features an
The first indigenously built floating dock for the Indian Navy (IN) was launched on 20 June at the Larsen & Toubro (L&T) shipyard at Kattupalli near Chennai, the capital of the southeastern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
Referred to as the FDN-2, the 185 m-long and 40 m-wide floating dock will
F-35As at Luke AFB in Arizona return to flight 21 June after being out of service for 11 days
The F-35A is one of the Pentagon's top acquisition priorities
The US Air Force (USAF) on 21 June will resume local Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter flight operations at
To address Russian threats, the US Army has decided to send more short-range air defence (SHORAD) and Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) units to Europe in the coming years, according to Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, head of US Army Europe (USAREUR).
The decision stems partly from lessons
Latvia will meet the NATO target of defence spending of 2% GDP in January 2018, President Raimonds Vejonis announced on 19 June. After a ceremony to mark the completion of the deployment of NATO's multinational battlegroups at Camp Adazi, Latvia, Vejonis told Jane's that this spending level was more