- RSS Channel Showcase 3143129
- RSS Channel Showcase 3417736
- RSS Channel Showcase 7405097
- RSS Channel Showcase 5430134
Articles on this Page
- 06/20/17--18:00: _China inaugurates c...
- 06/20/17--18:30: _US Army Europe to s...
- 06/20/17--18:30: _NATO to continue fi...
- 06/20/17--18:30: _Exercise Iron Wolf ...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _US Air Force's Wils...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _Poland receives fir...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _Poland cancels Must...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _MRH90 helicopter co...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _Lockheed Martin add...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _Japan Coast Guard o...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _EU to help boost de...
- 06/21/17--16:00: _China donates milit...
- 06/21/17--17:00: _US aircraft shoots ...
- 06/21/17--17:00: _South Korea's LAH e...
- 06/21/17--17:00: _PLA Rocket Force be...
- 06/21/17--17:00: _Paris Air Show 2017...
- 06/21/17--17:00: _NATO to boost count...
- 06/21/17--17:00: _Kyrgyzstan, Russia ...
- 06/21/17--17:00: _China launches reco...
- 06/21/17--17:30: _South Korea confirm...
- 06/20/17--18:00: China inaugurates commission to lead civil-military integration
- 06/20/17--18:30: NATO to continue fighter pilot training in Spain until 2029
- 06/21/17--16:00: Poland receives first G550 VIP jet
- 06/21/17--16:00: Poland cancels Mustang tender
- 06/21/17--16:00: MRH90 helicopter completes trials with RAN's Anzac-class frigate
- 06/21/17--16:00: Lockheed Martin adds Sierra Nevada Corp to its JSTARS recap team
- 06/21/17--16:00: Japan Coast Guard orders three additional H225 helicopters
- 06/21/17--16:00: EU to help boost defence, security in Sahel
- 06/21/17--16:00: China donates military equipment to Serbia
- 06/21/17--17:00: US aircraft shoots down another UAV in Syria
- 06/21/17--17:00: South Korea's LAH engine completes first ground test
- 06/21/17--17:00: PLA Rocket Force becoming 'more versatile', says report
- 06/21/17--17:00: NATO to boost counter-terrorism roles, with more EU links
- 06/21/17--17:00: Kyrgyzstan, Russia sign agreement on military-technical co-operation
- 06/21/17--17:00: China launches record-breaking UAV swarm
- 06/21/17--17:30: South Korea confirms UAV found in June was from North Korea
On 20 June China inaugurated a government agency – chaired by President Xi Jinping – to lead the country’s programme to boost capability through civil-military integration (CMI).
The official Xinhua news agency said the first meeting of the Central Commission for Integrated
The commander of the US Army in Europe (USAREUR), Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, announced on 16 June that he would station three units with as many as 600 airborne troops across the Baltic states for the duration of Russia's large-scale Zapad (West) military manoeuvres in September. He made the
The Spanish Ministry of Defence aim to extend the use of Los Llanos near Albacete for NATO's Tactical Leadership Program for another 10 years to 2029, two years after one of the alliance's worst peacetime accidents at the base.
This "would permit investments in security to be carried
The German-led enhanced Forward Presence (eFP) battlegroup became operational during Exercise Iron Wolf 2017 in Lithuania, its commander Lieutenant Colonel Christoph Huber said on 20 June. Huber also commands the German Army's (Mechanised Infantry Battalion) 122, which makes up much of the eFP
US Air Force secretary suggests the service focus on early stage research for revolutionary tech
The service has been focusing its RDT&E dollars on the latter side of the process - development
US Air Force (USAF) secretary Heather Wilson believes the service should invest more in
Poland received the first of two General Dynamics Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation G550 VIP transport aircraft on 21 June.
Both aircraft will be based at the Polish Air Force's 1 Airlift Base.
Poland's Armament Inspectorate signed a PLN440 million (USD116 million) contract on 14 November 2016 for
Poland's Armament Inspectorate on 19 June cancelled the tender for Mustang light multi-purpose 4x4 vehicles to replace Honker and UAZ469 jeeps. The tender will be re-released with revised requirements, Jane's understands.
Poland has a requirement for 841 soft skin vehicles and 41 armoured variants
NHIndustries MRH90 Taipan multirole helicopters will soon be able to provide full logistics support to the Royal Australian Navy's (RAN's) fleet of Anzac-class frigates after one of the platforms successfully completed trials off the east coast of Australia.
During a four week-long period in May
Lockheed Martin adds SNC to its team vying for the US Air Force's JSTARS recap programme
The programme is one of the service's top acquisition priorities
Lockheed Martin said on 20 June it added Sierra Nevada Corp (SNC) to its team vying for the US Air Force's (USAF) Joint Surveillance
The Japan Coast Guard (JCG) has ordered three more H225 multirole medium helicopters from Airbus Helicopters, bringing to nine the number of H225s expected to be operated by the service by February 2020.
Under the agreement the three additional H225s will be used by the JCG for security
Europe's foreign ministers gave their approval on 20 June for the European Union to create a new regional co-ordination cell of experts to help strengthen the defence and security structures of five Sahelian countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania, and Niger.
To be based within EUCAP Sahel
The Chinese ambassador to Belgrade, Li Manchang, donated EUR900,000 (USD1 million) worth of military equipment to the Serbian Army on 20 June.
The equipment includes 16 GDQ120A rubber boats with Jiangxi Weimin Machinery WM55 outboard engines, 5 Arctic Wolf military snowmobiles, and 10 portable
A US F-15E shot down an Iranian-made Shaheed-129 in eastern Syria on 20 June.
The incident was the second such elimination of a UAV in June, and occurred only two days after a US aircraft shot down a Syrian regime Su-22.
A US McDonnell Douglas F-15E shot down an Iranian-made
Safran has conducted the first ground test of the Arriel 2L2 engine that will power the Light Armed Helicopter (LAH) being developed by Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) for the South Korean army.
The ground run of the engine, which is being co-developed by Safran Helicopter Engines and Hanwha
China's People's Liberation Army Rocket Force (PLARF) is becoming increasingly versatile as its missiles have become "smaller, more powerful, and more accurate", the state-owned China Daily newspaper reported on 21 June citing a PLARF statement.
"In the past, missile launches were
Raytheon announced at the Paris Air Show on 19 June that its family of active electronically scanned-array (AESA) radars for fighter aircraft have clocked up more than one million operational flight hours with the US Air Force, US Navy, and four international customers. The company additionally
NATO and the European Union aim to tighten their co-operation with third countries - and with each other - to combat the rising threat of terrorism on their home territories as the self-proclaimed caliphate of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria collapses, said officials from both organisations.
Kyrgyzstan and Russia have signed a bilateral agreement on military-technical co-operation, the Russian government announced on 20 June following talks between Russian president Vladimir Putin and his Kyrgyz counterpart, Almazbek Atambayev, in Moscow.
"Military-technical and defence
The China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETC) claims to have set a new record for the number of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) flying in a swarm, the state-owned Xinhua news agency quoted the corporation as saying.
The 11 June news report states that the swarm comprised 119 UAVs,
South Korea's Ministry of National Defense (MND) has confirmed that a camera-equipped unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that was found on 9 June on a mountain near the inter-Korean border was launched from North Korea.
The origin and flight path of the UAV were confirmed in an analysis of its onboard