- RSS Channel Showcase 3019844
- RSS Channel Showcase 7682862
- RSS Channel Showcase 5556887
- RSS Channel Showcase 7065700
Articles on this Page
- 07/03/17--16:00: _Triton UAV base to ...
- 07/03/17--16:00: _RUAG files court ca...
- 07/03/17--16:00: _Poland receives fir...
- 07/03/17--16:00: _NATO allies group t...
- 07/03/17--16:00: _Lawmakers likely to...
- 07/03/17--16:00: _British Army looks ...
- 07/03/17--16:00: _Australia launches ...
- 07/03/17--16:00: _ADF to receive CBRN...
- 07/03/17--17:00: _South Korea's presi...
- 07/03/17--17:00: _Project 20385 Gremy...
- 07/03/17--17:00: _Thailand and South ...
- 07/03/17--17:00: _AK-12 assault rifle...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _Wreckage of missing...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _US confirms North K...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _UK takes delivery o...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _UK names 207 Squadr...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _Turkey releases RFI...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _Trump re-establishe...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _Sweden upgrades Gäv...
- 07/04/17--17:00: _Sweden to acquire n...
- 07/03/17--16:00: Triton UAV base to be built in UAE
- 07/03/17--16:00: RUAG files court case against Black Hawk upgrade contract award
- 07/03/17--16:00: Poland receives first Rak 120 mm mortar vehicles
- 07/03/17--16:00: Lawmakers likely to seek US military end-strength growth
- 07/03/17--16:00: British Army looks to form info manoeuvre division
- 07/03/17--16:00: Australia launches information warfare division
- 07/03/17--16:00: ADF to receive CBRN equipment worth USD230 million
- 07/03/17--17:00: Thailand and South Korea collaborate on defence management
- 07/03/17--17:00: AK-12 assault rifle passes field tests
- 07/04/17--17:00: US confirms North Korea launched its first ICBM
- 07/04/17--17:00: UK takes delivery of first MFTS Phenom 100
- 07/04/17--17:00: UK names 207 Squadron as F-35B OCU
- 07/04/17--17:00: Turkey releases RFIs for UAV development
- 07/04/17--17:00: Trump re-establishes US National Space Council
- 07/04/17--17:00: Sweden upgrades Gävle-class corvettes
- 07/04/17--17:00: Sweden to acquire new anti-tank guided missile
The US Navy (USN) is to acquire a facility in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for its Triton unmanned maritime surveillance aircraft, under a USD18-million contract awarded to Assist Consultants Inc on 30 June.
The project involves designing and building environmentally controlled hangar space
Swiss company RUAG took legal action against the Austrian Ministry of Defence's (MoD) 1 June EUR48 million (USD55 million) contract award to Ace Aeronautics - conducting business as Global Aviation Solutions - for the cockpit/avionics upgrade of the Bundesheer's nine S-70A42 Black Hawk helicopters.
The Polish 17 Mechanised Brigade's 1 Mechanised Battalion based in Miedzyrzecz received eight self-propelled 120 mm Rak mortar systems and four all-wheel drive (AWD) command post vehicles on 30 June.
The brigade is currently equipped with 247 Rosomak-based vehicles.
Two AWR 4x4 artillery
Two sub-groupings of NATO nations have signed letters of intent (LOIs) to develop new capabilities in the land armaments and maritime surveillance sectors. While the former seems certain to move ahead because of the immediate savings in cost and efficiency it will generate, the latter is fraught
The House and Senate armed services committees have finished writing their respective defence authorisation bills and each call for higher military end-strength numbers, meaning more personnel are likely to be authorised in the final legislation.
The White House's fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018) budget
British Army chiefs are moving to form what is being dubbed an "information manoeuvre" divisional headquarters to be responsible for its specialist cyber, communications, intelligence, psychological warfare/media/influence and other "soft power" capabilities.
Australia has launched an information warfare division within the Department of Defence (DoD) capable of conducting both defensive and offensive cyber operations as well as launching cyber strikes against criminal networks operating abroad.
"The division will have the responsibility for
As part of Project LAND 2110 Phase 1B the Australian Defence Force (ADF) will receive equipment worth AUD300 million (USD230 million) for protection against chemical/biological/radiological/nuclear (CBRN) threats, the Department of Defence (DoD) in Canberra announced on 3 July.
The equipment will
South Korean president Moon Jae-in has urged North Korea to return to the negotiating table, claiming that now may be the last chance for the communist regime in Pyongyang to engage in dialogue with the international community, the presidential office in Seoul said in a 3 July statement.
Russia's Northern Shipyard (Severnaya Verf), a subsidiary of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC), has launched the lead ship of the Project 20385 Gremyaschiy-class corvettes, Jane's has learned.
According to the shipyard's director general, Igor Ponomaryov, the Project 20385 corvette designed
South Korea and Thailand look to expand collaboration of defence management functions.
Collaboration is aimed at strengthening technical co-operation and technological exchange between the two countries.
South Korea’s Defense Acquisition Programme Administration (DAPA) and
The Kalashnikov Concern has reported that its 5.45 mm AK-12 assault rifle has passed all military field tests.
The military field trials confirm that the weapon meets all the design and operational requirements of the Russian Armed Forces, according to the company.
This paves the way for the
The wreckage of an Indian Air Force (IAF) Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) that went missing on 4 July in India's mountainous northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh has been found.
"The wreckage was found [on 5 July] in the Papum Pare district by rescue teams from the Indian Army, the
The United States has confirmed that the missile test-fired by North Korea on 4 July was the communist regime's first intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).
In a statement issued that same day US secretary of state Rex Tillerson strongly condemned the launch, saying that "testing an ICBM
The first Embraer Phenom 100 executive jet for the UK Military Flight Training System (UKMFTS) was delivered to service provider Affinity Flight Training Services on 4 July.
The aircraft was handed over to the Affinity consortium that comprises Elbit Systems UK and Kellogg Brown and Root Limited
The United Kingdom is to reconstitute 207 Squadron as the Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) for the Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF).
The disclosure on 5 July makes 207 OCU Squadron the third operational F-35B unit to be announced by the United Kingdom, after 617
Turkey's Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) released a request for information (RFI) on 29 June for the development of mini unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for reconnaissance.
The RFIs are open to local companies only and the deadline for responses is 28 July, according to an SSM statement
US president Donald Trump is reconvening the National Space Council after years of dormancy
The council could improve space policy and procurement in the federal government
US president Donald Trump on 30 June signed an executive order re-convening the National Space Council after what
The Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) awarded Saab Dynamics a SEK1.247 (USD146.4 million) contract for the mid-life upgrade of Sweden's Gävle-class corvettes, the company announced on 30 June.
The upgrade, due to be carried out in 2017-20, will see HMS Gavle and HMS Sundsvall
The Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) has started a procurement procedure for a new anti-tank guided missile under the designation RBS 58 (Robotsystem or Missile System 58).
The system will equip motorised infantry units of the regular Swedish Army, which currently has the older RBS 56