- RSS Channel Showcase 4745609
- RSS Channel Showcase 3500166
- RSS Channel Showcase 1459761
- RSS Channel Showcase 5088026
Articles on this Page
- 07/12/17--17:00: _PLA to downsize gro...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _Iran deploys S-300 ...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _India's HAL targets...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _China commissions T...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _Bundeswehr orders n...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _UK to form two P-8 ...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _Nigerian Air Force ...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _Germany, France dee...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _France, Germany to ...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _Colombian Navy chri...
- 07/12/17--17:00: _Brazil’s Almirante ...
- 07/12/17--18:00: _UK to decide on fut...
- 07/12/17--18:00: _New Delhi empowers ...
- 07/12/17--18:00: _More Turkish troops...
- 07/12/17--18:00: _Bundeswehr orders a...
- 07/13/17--15:00: _Colombian, US air f...
- 07/13/17--16:00: _NATO doubtful about...
- 07/13/17--16:00: _Egyptian Mistrals u...
- 07/13/17--17:00: _Malaysia suspends M...
- 07/13/17--17:00: _USN ship-delivery m...
- 07/12/17--17:00: PLA to downsize ground forces to under a million troops
- 07/12/17--17:00: Iran deploys S-300 to Bushehr
- 07/12/17--17:00: India's HAL targets growth through indigenous programmes
- 07/12/17--17:00: China commissions Type 056 corvette into South Sea Fleet
- 07/12/17--17:00: Bundeswehr orders next generation LUNA UAV
- 07/12/17--17:00: UK to form two P-8 Poseidon squadrons
- 07/12/17--17:00: Nigerian Air Force reactivates UAV training capability
- 07/12/17--17:00: Germany, France deepen defence ties
- 07/12/17--17:00: France, Germany to develop joint combat aircraft
- 07/12/17--17:00: Colombian Navy christens OPV Victoria
- 07/12/17--17:00: Brazil’s Almirante Gastão Motta tanker operational again
- 07/12/17--18:00: UK to decide on future F-35 variant 'at appropriate time'
- 07/12/17--18:00: New Delhi empowers IA to procure 'critical' ammunition and spares
- 07/12/17--18:00: More Turkish troops arrive in Qatar
- 07/12/17--18:00: Bundeswehr orders additional DM11 rounds for Leopard 2
- 07/13/17--15:00: Colombian, US air forces conduct joint air combat exercises
- 07/13/17--16:00: Egyptian Mistrals using Avengers for air defence
- 07/13/17--17:00: Malaysia suspends MRCA programme, according to report
- 07/13/17--17:00: USN ship-delivery method changes needed, GAO says
As part of China's ongoing military reform, the People's Liberation Army (PLA) will downsize its ground forces to under one million troops, while increasing the number of personnel in other military services, the Global Times newspaper reported on 11 July.
Citing a PLA Daily article on structural
Iran has set up what appears to be a permanent S-300PMU2 base at Bushehr that covers the northern Gulf
The location of one of Iran's four S-300PMU2 systems is currently unknown
Iran deployed one of its S-300PMU2 long-range air defence systems to the coastal city of Bushehr in late
India's state-owned aerospace manufacturer, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), has been set a target to achieve INR179 billion (USD2.8 billion) in revenue for fiscal year 2017–18, it announced on 12 July.
The target, set by the Indian ministry of defence (MoD), represents a 3% increase over
China's People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has commissioned another Type 056 (Jiangdao)-class corvette into the service's South Sea Fleet.
The vessel, Hanzhong (pennant number 520), was commissioned on 11 July, and was launched in July 2016.
According to Jane's Fighting Ships , the Type 056
Germany's Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support (BAAINBw) on 11 July awarded EMT a EUR63 million (USD71.85 million) framework contract for the Luftgestützte Unbemannte Nahaufklärungsausstattung Next Generation (LUNA NG) reconnaissance
Two new UK Royal Air Force (RAF) squadrons are to be formed to operate the UK’s nine new Boeing P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft (MPA), with the first unit standing up in April 2018.
UK defence secretary Sir Michael Fallon announced on 13 July at the Air Power Conference 2017 in London
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) announced on 12 July that it had reactivated two unmanned air vehicles (UAVs) used for training UAV pilots and operators.
Operated by the 401st Flying Training School at Kaduna, the two UAVs are Chinese-made commercial Mugin models that were acquired for domestic
On 13 July following a joint cabinet meeting of the two countries, Germany and France announced a number of initiatives, among them their intention to develop a common European combat aircraft, co-ordinate existing programmes, and deepen their defence and security relationship, including in cyber
The Franco-German Council on Security and Defence, a biennial meeting of the ministerial cabinet of France and Germany, announced on 13 July in Paris that the two countries plan to jointly develop a “common European air platform under French and German leadership to replace their current
The Colombian Navy (ARC) christened offshore patrol vessel (OPV) ARC Victoria during an 8 July ceremony in Cartagena. The platform, based on Fassmer’s OPV-80 model, was built by Colombia’s state-run COTECMAR. Victoria is 80.6 m long, weighs 1,800 tonnes, has a maximum speed of 21 kts,
The Brazilian Navy’s Almirante Gastão Motta (G 23) tanker has rejoined the fleet after five months in maintenance. The platform was taken to Arsenal de Marinha do Rio de Janeiro, a maintenance centre, where its turbine was repaired and the motor and energy generators were inspected, the
The UK government has given its clearest indication to date that it could be considering a split-buy for its future fleet of Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighters (JSF).
Answering questions in Parliament, the Minister of State for Defence and Deputy Leader of the House of Lords,
India's federal government has financially empowered the Indian Army (IA) to directly acquire 'critical' ammunition and spares for varied weapon systems, thus allowing the service to circumvent time-consuming ministry of defence (MoD) procurement procedures.
In early July New Delhi authorised the
The slow build-up of Turkish soldiers in Qatar has continued, despite their withdrawal being one of the demands that Saudi Arabia and its allies have insisted Doha complies with before they lift their blockade of the emirate.
The Qatari ministry of defence (MoD) announced on 11 July that a fifth
Germany's Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology, and In-Service Support (BAAINBw) has ordered additional 120 x 570 mm DM11 programmable high-explosive ammunition from Rheinmetall Waffe und Munition.
The EUR45-million (USD51.3 million) contract, signed on 11 July, is for two
A FAC spokesperson told Jane’s that four IAI Kfir fighters from the FAC’s Combat Squadron 111, as well as several undisclosed Colombian electronic warfare aircraft are participating in the exercises, alongside two Lockheed F-16C Block 52 fighters from the South Carolina Air National
NATO has “every reason to believe” that the actual number of troops who will participate in Russia’s massive quadrennial 'Zapad 2017' in the autumn will exceed the number officially reported by Moscow, said NATO secretary general Jens Stoltenberg.
'Zapad 2017' will be held in
The Egyptian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed that AN/TWQ-1 Avengers are being put on the flight decks of Mistral landing helicopter dock (LHD) amphibious assault ships to provide short-range air defence.
The Avenger, which has been in service with the Egyptian Air Defence Forces
The Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) has suspended its delayed programme to procure multirole combat aircraft (MRCA), according to a report from Reuters on 13 July.
Speaking to Jane's , RMAF officials neither confirmed nor denied the report, and the Malaysian Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) did not
Government auditors have recommended that the US Navy (USN) revise its ship-delivery policy to better identify what kinds of defects should be corrected – and by when – and study how to best ensure it verifies ships are ready for service.
Moreover, navy reports to Congress should