Articles on this Page
- 07/17/17--17:00: _MF -- CNO pushes in...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _IAI, Honeywell sign...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _Gulfstream position...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _Finland orders new ...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _Czech army receives...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _CNO: USN focusing o...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _Chinese military de...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _Brazilian Army rece...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _Brazilian Army adop...
- 07/17/17--17:00: _Australia looks to ...
- 07/17/17--18:00: _Royal Welsh Regimen...
- 07/17/17--18:00: _Germany delays Isra...
- 07/17/17--18:00: _Danish Leopard 2A5s...
- 07/17/17--18:00: _Czechs commit 300 t...
- 07/18/17--16:00: _UK contracts C-130J...
- 07/18/17--16:00: _Saudis planning to ...
- 07/18/17--16:00: _Iraq to reconstitut...
- 07/18/17--16:00: _Airbus and Thai Air...
- 07/18/17--17:00: _TRS and Lockheed Ma...
- 07/18/17--17:00: _India’s Bharat Dyna...
- 07/17/17--17:00: IAI, Honeywell sign anti-jam technology MOU
- 07/17/17--17:00: Finland orders new guns for BMP-2 MD
- 07/17/17--17:00: Czech army receives new Tatra T-815 mortar transporters
- 07/17/17--17:00: CNO: USN focusing on future Ford ops, better ship-buying
- 07/17/17--17:00: Chinese military developing unmanned supply truck
- 07/17/17--17:00: Brazilian Army receiving 60 more US M109A5 howitzers
- 07/17/17--17:00: Brazilian Army adopts IA2 rifles
- 07/17/17--17:00: Australia looks to boost defence exports
- 07/17/17--18:00: Royal Welsh Regiment to head to Estonia
- 07/17/17--18:00: Germany delays Israeli sub MoU signing
- 07/17/17--18:00: Danish Leopard 2A5s to receive upgrades
- 07/17/17--18:00: Czechs commit 300 troops to Baltics
- 07/18/17--16:00: UK contracts C-130J wing centre box replacement
- 07/18/17--16:00: Saudis planning to buy M109A6 howitzers with new turrets
- 07/18/17--16:00: Iraq to reconstitute Texan II trainer aircraft
- 07/18/17--16:00: Airbus and Thai Airways discuss MRO joint venture
- 07/18/17--17:00: TRS and Lockheed Martin to develop territorial BMD for ACCS
- 07/18/17--17:00: India’s Bharat Dynamics set for expansion
Counting on increased federal funding to build Columbia-class strategic submarines, Admiral John Richardson, the US Navy (USN) chief of naval operations (CNO), said he is querying industry on its ability to build the Ohio-class replacement boats while maintaining its attack-submarine (SSN)
Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Honeywell covering the development of anti-jamming GPS navigation, the company announced on 17 July.
The agreement covers integrating products from the two companies, the ADA GPS Anti-Jamming system from IAI and
Gulfstream believes its smaller business aircraft is suited to future USAF C2ISR requirements
The USAF has a number of C2ISR aircraft based on ageing Boeing 707 airliners
Gulfstream Aerospace (a division of General Dynamics) is positioning its business aircraft as the solution for US
Finnish defence minister Jussi Niinistö approved a EUR8-million (USD9.1 million) order for new guns for the Finnish Army's BMP-2 MD infantry fighting vehicles through the NATO Support and Procurement Agency at the end of June. Nine guns are expected to be delivered in 2017 by Slovakian supplier
The Army of the Czech Republic (ACR) on 17 July received 40 Tatra Trucks T-815 8x8 heavy truck platforms to serve as transporters for 81 mm mortar crews, their weapons, ammunition, and other equipment.
The new vehicles are equipped with full ballistic protection and mine/improvised explosive device
The US Navy (USN) is preparing to commission its aircraft carrier, USS Gerald R Ford , on 22 July and is now considering how it will operate its newest class of ship, Admiral John Richardson, the chief of naval operations (CNO), told Jane’s .
“It’s going to transform carrier
The Chinese military is developing an unmanned supply truck. Video footage recently released by the Ministry of National Defense (MND) in Beijing shows what appears to be a prototype of an 8x8 unmanned supply truck conducting trials at an undisclosed location demonstrating its ability to navigate
The United States has authorised another 60 surplus US Army M109A5 155 mm self-propelled howitzers to the Brazilian Army through the excess defence articles (EDA) process.
A government-to-government letter of offer and acceptance (LOA) was signed on 28 June, the army told Jane’s on 17 July.
The Brazilian Army (Exército Brasileiro: EB) is gradually switching to the domestically produced IA2 rifle, the EB confirmed in a 14 July statement.
The 5.56x45 mm IA2 carries a 30-round magazine, Picatinny rail, folding stock, and weighs 3.38 kg unloaded. The rifle can be automatic or
Australia’s defence industry minister Christopher Pyne has outlined an intention to “enormously increase” the capacity of the country’s defence industry to export military equipment.
In a transcript of a media interview on 17 July, published by the Australian Department of
A second British Army armoured battlegroup, based around the 1st Battalion, The Royal Welsh Regiment, is to deploy to Estonia in November to sustain the UK's contribution to NATO's Enhanced Forward Presence mission into 2018.
The details of the rotation of the armoured battlegroup were confirmed to
Germany has delayed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signing ceremony marking Israel’s acquisition of three submarines, a source from Israel’s National Security Council confirmed to Jane’s on 18 July.
The delay comes in the shadow of an Israeli police investigation into
Denmark is conducting a mid-life upgrade of 38 of its Leopard 2A5DK main battle tanks, bringing them up to a capability level broadly equivalent to the Leopard 2A7V standard soon to be introduced in Germany.
This is intended to maintain the capability of the tanks to their currently projected
The Army of the Czech Republic (ACR) will contribute a contingent of 290 personnel to the NATO enhanced Forward Presence mission under way in Poland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania from 1 January 2018 to 31 January 2019.
The proposal to deploy ACR personnel submitted by the Ministry of Defence
A GBP110 million (USD143.3 million) project to replace the wing centre boxes of 14 UK Royal Air Force (RAF) Lockheed Martin C-130J Hercules tactical transporters has been given the go-ahead.
UK defence secretary Michael Fallon announced the award of the contract to the Cambridge-based Marshall
Saudi Arabia is planning to acquire BAE Systems M109A6 Paladin 155 mm self-propelled howitzers (SPHs) fitted with new turrets, according to a notice published on the US Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) website on 13 July.
The notice was released to conduct market research about companies that
Textron is to reconstitute Hawker Beechcraft T-6A Texan II trainer aircraft for the Iraqi Air Force (IqAF), ahead of the commencement of in-country F-16 pilot training in the near future, it was disclosed on 18 July.
The US Department of Defense (DoD) has awarded Textron Aviation Defense USD8.8
Airbus and Thailand's national airline negotiate terms of partnership to support aircraft from eastern Thai airport
Joint venture would be part of Thailand's efforts to enhance MRO capability in the country
Airbus and Thai Airways, the country's national airline, are discussing the
ThalesRaytheonSystems (TRS) and Lockheed Martin have announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to develop territorial ballistic missile defence (BMD) capabilities for NATO's Air Command and Control System (ACCS). TRS is a joint venture between Thales and Raytheon.
India’s state-owned missile manufacturer Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) is aiming to boost sales in fiscal year (FY) 2017-18 based on a planned expansion programme.
The company signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) agreement with the Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) on 18 July to increase