- RSS Channel Showcase 7620190
- RSS Channel Showcase 7578061
- RSS Channel Showcase 4905277
- RSS Channel Showcase 8268784
Articles on this Page
- 07/18/17--17:00: _Grob 120TP prepares...
- 07/18/17--17:00: _Bell Helicopter str...
- 07/18/17--18:00: _Turkey deploys arti...
- 07/18/17--18:00: _Slovakia receives C...
- 07/18/17--18:00: _Shanahan confirmed ...
- 07/18/17--18:00: _Nuclear projects to...
- 07/18/17--18:00: _China, Russia to ho...
- 07/19/17--16:00: _US report outlines ...
- 07/19/17--16:00: _Ukraine to acquire ...
- 07/19/17--16:00: _UK canvasses indust...
- 07/19/17--16:00: _Singapore Armed For...
- 07/19/17--16:00: _Russian Helicopters...
- 07/19/17--16:00: _German Kartellamt g...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _South Korean defenc...
- 07/19/17--16:00: _Australia expects t...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _US seeks additional...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Spaceshot: S-300PT ...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Selva says US two y...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _New CEO for L3 Tech...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Mark Esper to be no...
- 07/18/17--17:00: Grob 120TP prepares for UKMFTS
- 07/18/17--17:00: Bell Helicopter strengthens position in Poland
- 07/18/17--18:00: Turkey deploys artillery to Qatar
- 07/18/17--18:00: Slovakia receives Carl-Gustaf M4
- 07/18/17--18:00: Shanahan confirmed as US Deputy Secretary of Defense
- 07/18/17--18:00: Nuclear projects top UK MoD risk listing
- 07/18/17--18:00: China, Russia to hold first joint naval drills in Baltic Sea
- 07/19/17--16:00: US report outlines Iraqi train-and-equip failure
- 07/19/17--16:00: Ukraine to acquire T-72 tanks
- 07/19/17--16:00: UK canvasses industry for BMD radar information
- 07/19/17--16:00: Singapore Armed Forces offer assistance to Philippines
- 07/19/17--16:00: Russian Helicopters unveils Mi-171Sh-VN gunship
- 07/19/17--16:00: German Kartellamt gives green light to K130 corvettes
- 07/19/17--17:00: South Korean defence minister vows to strengthen alliance with US
- 07/19/17--16:00: Australia expects to introduce defence exports strategy by year end
- 07/19/17--17:00: US seeks additional Black Hawk helos
- 07/19/17--17:00: Selva says US two years away from improved readiness
- 07/19/17--17:00: New CEO for L3 Technologies
- 07/19/17--17:00: Mark Esper to be nominated as next US Army secretary
KBR-Elbit Systems joint venture Affinity Flying Training Services announced on 14 July that the Grob 120TP Prefect basic trainer has received military release to service.
The Prefect will be the first aircraft to enter service with the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS), in 2017. Starting
The Polish Armaments Group (Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa: PGZ) announced on 18 July that it had signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) on co-operation in support of marketing the Bell AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to the Polish military.
According to a release by PGZ, the LoI will also set the groundwork for
The Qatari ministry of defence (MoD) announced on 18 July that a sixth batch of Turkish troops had arrived in the country, and released photographs of a T-155 Firtina self-propelled howitzer being unloaded from a Qatari C-17 transport aircraft at Al-Udeid Air Base.
This is the first time
The Slovak armed forces in mid-July received the Carl-Gustaf shoulder-fired recoilless weapons ordered in September 2015, supplier Saab announced on 18 July.
Slovakia is the launch customer and the first country to deploy the weapon, which is shorter in length and lighter than the M3 the country
Patrick Shanahan, most recently a senior executive at Boeing, was confirmed as the Pentagon's Deputy Secretary of Defense on 18 July with a 92–7 vote in the US Senate. Shanahan will take over from Bob Work, a holdover from the Obama administration who had served as one of the last major policy
Flagship UK nuclear submarine programmes are "unachievable" or "in doubt", according to the 2017 report of the UK Infrastructure and Projects Authority.
The report by the cross-governmental project watchdog, published on 18 July, "red flags" the UK's project to build a
China and Russia are set to conduct their first-ever joint naval drills in the Baltic Sea, as part of this year's 'Joint Sea' exercise.
A People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) flotilla consisting of a Type 052D destroyer, a Type 054A frigate, and a Type 903A replenishment ship is expected to enter
The US-led effort to rebuild the Iraq's ground forces has not produced the planned results, according to a US Government Accountability Office (GAO) report on the US effort to counter the Islamic State.
Released by the GAO on 18 July, the report is a declassified version of one sent to Congress in
Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko announced on 14 July that Ukraine is to procure 72 new 'modernised' T-72 main battle tanks (MBTs) from the Lviv armoured vehicle plant.
Speaking to the staff at the state-owned Ukroboronprom facility in Lviv, Poroshenko announced that the deal would also include
Project LEWIS is planned to deliver a ground-based BMD radar into service by the mid-2020s
A RFI was issued to industry in early June this year
The UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) has taken a first step towards the acquisition of a ground-based ballistic missile defence (BMD) radar by
Singapore’s defence minister, Ng Eng Hen, has offered Manila support in its campaign against insurgent groups as the Philippine military seeks to end the ongoing clashes with Islamic State-linked militants in the southern Philippine city of Marawi.
The proposed assistance includes the use of
The Russian Helicopters holding, a subsidiary of the Rostec state corporation, has unveiled a new variant of the Mi-171Sh (Hip-H) utility helicopter reconfigured for special operations. Designated Mi-171Sh-VN, the helicopter was unveiled at the MAKS 2017 airshow at Zhukovsky, outside Moscow.
On 19 July, the Kartellamt, Germany's anti-trust authority, announced that it would not open legal proceedings against the plans for German Naval Yards (GNY) to join the established consortium of ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) and Lürssen to build the second batch of K130 corvettes for the
South Korea’s new defence minister, Song Young-moo, has vowed to continue working towards strengthening and developing his country’s military alliance with the United States amid growing concerns over North Korea’s weapon development programmes.
Speaking to General Vincent K
The Australian Department of Defence (DoD) is on track to publish a defence export strategy by the end of this year, a spokesperson for defence industry minister Christopher Pyne confirmed to Jane’s on 20 July.
The strategy will support Pyne’s intention to significantly boost Australian
The US Department of Defense (DoD) is seeking to procure an additional 114 Sikorsky UH/HH-60M Black Hawk helicopters over a three-year period from fiscal year 2019.
A Sources Sought notification posted on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website on 19 July requests that industry
Russia had removed its final operational S-300PT air defence batteries from service by May 2017, replacing them with S-300PM and S-400 systems
The S-400 deployment to Severodvinsk significantly increases SAM and radar coverage of the White Sea: an important testing ground for the
A high ranking DoD official says the United States is two years away from an improved state of readiness
Leadership has warned for years that the US military is not ready to fight a near-peer competitor
The United States is at least two years away from improved readiness to the point
Michael T Strianese, the long-serving leader of L-3 Technologies (formerly L-3 Communications), has announced that he will retire from the role of chief executive officer (CEO) at the end of this year after more than 20 years with the group.
Strianese, who succeeded iconic L3 co-founder Frank Lanza
US president Donald Trump said he intends to nominate Mark Esper to become secretary of the army, after the first two nominees for that role dropped out.
Esper is Raytheon’s vice-president for government relations. He was an infantry officer in the 101st Airborne Division during the first