- RSS Channel Showcase 6164194
- RSS Channel Showcase 4465846
- RSS Channel Showcase 4367546
- RSS Channel Showcase 4789219
Articles on this Page
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Japan planning to e...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Haiti seeks to re-e...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Eurosam confirms co...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _EU-NATO counter-hyb...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _DAPA moves to ease ...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _China conducts live...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Brazilian Navy make...
- 07/19/17--17:00: _Brazilian Marines m...
- 07/19/17--18:00: _US ARL develops tin...
- 07/19/17--18:00: _Resignation of Fren...
- 07/19/17--18:00: _Qatar receives firs...
- 07/19/17--18:00: _Iraqi T-90 tank ord...
- 07/19/17--18:00: _Final Huey IIs deli...
- 07/19/17--18:00: _Côte d'Ivoire recei...
- 07/19/17--18:00: _Aero launches proto...
- 07/19/17--19:00: _French Air Force up...
- 07/20/17--16:00: _KAI chief executive...
- 07/20/17--17:00: _SSM opens tender fo...
- 07/20/17--17:00: _Poland seeks 120 mm...
- 07/20/17--17:00: _DoD seeks further M...
- 07/19/17--17:00: Haiti seeks to re-establish army over 20 years after disbandment
- 07/19/17--17:00: Eurosam confirms co-operation agreement with Turkey
- 07/19/17--17:00: EU-NATO counter-hybrid data exchanges are high, set to move higher
- 07/19/17--17:00: DAPA moves to ease burden on naval shipbuilders
- 07/19/17--18:00: US ARL develops tiny UAS with an eye on intelligent perception
- 07/19/17--18:00: Qatar receives first Super Mushshak trainers
- 07/19/17--18:00: Iraqi T-90 tank order confirmed
- 07/19/17--18:00: Final Huey IIs delivered to Kenya
- 07/19/17--18:00: Côte d'Ivoire receives patrol boat donated by China
- 07/19/17--18:00: Aero launches prototype and pre-serial production of L-39NG
- 07/19/17--19:00: French Air Force upgrades AWACS
- 07/20/17--16:00: KAI chief executive steps down
- 07/20/17--17:00: SSM opens tender for construction of Altay tank
- 07/20/17--17:00: Poland seeks 120 mm APFSDS tank ammunition
- 07/20/17--17:00: DoD seeks further MD 530F helos for allies
Tokyo plans to start equipping Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) F-2 fighter aircraft with a new supersonic air-to-ship missile from the next fiscal year, according to a 19 July report by The Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper.
The paper quoted unnamed sources as saying that the Japanese government will
The Haitian government has launched a campaign to revive its disbanded armed forces as UN peacekeepers prepare to leave the Caribbean country. The Ministry of Defence (MoD) in Port-au-Prince announced on 10 July that it will start recruiting men and women between the ages of 18 and 25 in a bid to
Eurosam has confirmed the previously reported agreement with Turkey to co-operate on air and missile defence in a press release dated 19 July.
The agreement was signed in Ankara on 14 July by Eurosam CEO Michel Vigneras, Aselsan president and CEO Faik Eken, and Roketsan president and CEO
Data exchanges and co-ordination between NATO and the European Union to combat hybrid threats have reached an unprecedented level, says the European Commission, which on 19 July released its first progress report regarding 22 areas of action by the 28 EU nations to stymie the threats.
South Korea’s Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) has temporarily eased the banking guarantee requirements placed on domestic naval shipbuilders in view of the economic constraints that many of these companies are facing.
Under the new arrangement, naval shipbuilders will be
China’s People's Liberation Army (PLA) recently carried out a live-fire exercise on the Tibetan Plateau as the country remains locked in a stand-off with India over a border dispute in the region.
Intended to improve the military’s combat capability in high-altitude locations, the
The Brazilian Navy has assigned an official to the Brazilian Air Force’s Coordinating Committee of the Combat Aircraft Program to monitor the air force’s procurement of 36 Saab F-39 Gripen fighter jets, the navy told Jane’s on 18 July. The move underscores the service’s
The Brazilian Navy is considering arming its Avibras ASTROS CFN 2020 self-propelled protected multiple rocket launching system (ASTROS II Mk 6) with AV-TM 300 tactical cruise missiles and AV-SS 40G guided rockets being developed by Avibras.
No contract has yet been signed, but the purchase will be
The US Army Research Lab has developed a tiny UAS tilt-rotor prototype with the eye on autonomy
The goal is to have the vehicle perform ISR missions low to the ground
The US Army Research Laboratory (ARL) has developed a prototype of a tiny tiltrotor unmanned aircraft system (UAS)
France's chief of defence staff, Army General Pierre de Villiers, resigned on 19 July because of defence budget savings reported to be EUR850 million (USD978.4 million). In a press release announcing his resignation, he said, "I do not consider myself any longer to be in a position to ensure
The Qatari Ministry of Defence announced on 19 July that it had received its first batch of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Super Mushshak basic training aircraft. They will be used by the Qatari Emiri Air Force’s Al-Zaeem Air Academy.
Pakistan's Ministry of Defence Production announced
Vladimir Kozhin, the presidential aid for military-technical co-operation, had confirmed that Iraq has placed an order for T-90 tanks, the Izvestia newspaper reported on 20 July. Kozhin did not reveal how many tanks have been ordered, but said “the number is large”.
The Izvestia report
The final two of eight Bell Huey II helicopters were delivered to the Kenyan Air Force on 19 July, the US embassy in Nairobi announced on the same day.
It said the helicopters would improve the Kenyan Defence Forces’ (KDF’s) ability to deploy Rangers and other quick reaction forces, as
China has donated a patrol boat to Côte d'Ivoire to help in the fight against piracy in the Gulf of Guinea, the Xinhau news agency reported on 15 July.
"This donation will allow the navy of Côte d'Ivoire to take off,” Xinhau reported the Ivorian defence minister Alain Donwahi
Aero Vodochody has begun prototype and pre-serial production of its L-39NG jet trainer and light-attack platform, the manufacturer reported on 20 July.
The Czech company announced that assembly of the first four L-39NGs had begun “in recent weeks”, comprising three prototype and one
The Direction Générale de l’Armement (DGA), the French procurement agency, awarded a tender on 12 July to Air France International/KLM Engineering & Maintenance (AFI KLM E&M) for the manintenance in operational condition (MCO) and cockpit upgrade of the French Air Force's
Ha Sung-Yong, the chief executive officer of Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), has stepped down amid corruption allegations facing the company.
KAI said on 20 July that it plans to hold an extraordinary shareholders' meeting as soon as possible to select Ha’s successor. Vice-president Jang
On 19 July, the Undersecretariat for Defence (SSM) in Turkey opened the tender for the construction of the Altay main battle tank. Local media reports that the three companies expected to compete are BMC, FNSS and Otokar, none of whom have experience in tank construction, although FNSS developed the
The Polish Armament Inspectorate has announced a technical dialogue (request for information) for 120 mm x 570 armour-piercing fin-stabilised discarding sabot (APFSDS) tank ammunition. Poland seeks to acquire combat rounds as well as cut-away, drill and training cartridges. The new ammunition is for
The US Department of Defense (DoD) is looking to acquire up to 120 additional MD Helicopters Inc (MDHI) MD 530F Cayuse Warrior light attack and reconnaissance rotorcraft for allied operators, it was disclosed on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website on 20 July.
The US Army’s