Articles on this Page
- 07/20/17--17:00: _China commissions s...
- 07/20/17--18:00: _South Korea urges P...
- 07/20/17--18:00: _India issues RfI fo...
- 07/20/17--18:00: _Croatia issues RfP ...
- 07/20/17--17:00: _Pentagon pegs next-...
- 07/20/17--17:00: _Pentagon budget 201...
- 07/20/17--17:00: _Brazilian Navy to r...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _Sri Lanka Navy rece...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _South Korea pushing...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _Sener delivers 2016...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _North Korea capable...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _Indian Navy lacks s...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _Indian Army critica...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _India reports sharp...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _India progresses sa...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _Hardened German sta...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _Czech MoD poised to...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _China orders four m...
- 07/23/17--17:00: _Brazilian Navy re-c...
- 07/24/17--17:00: _UK launches defence...
- 07/20/17--18:00: South Korea urges Pyongyang to respond to military dialogue proposal
- 07/20/17--18:00: India issues RfI for six conventionally powered submarines
- 07/20/17--18:00: Croatia issues RfP for multirole fighter aircraft
- 07/20/17--17:00: Brazilian Navy to receive four KC-2 COD/AAR aircraft in 2021
- 07/23/17--17:00: Sri Lanka Navy receives largest warship to date
- 07/23/17--17:00: South Korea pushing to revise missile guidelines, says report
- 07/23/17--17:00: Sener delivers 2016 earnings
- 07/23/17--17:00: Indian Navy lacks safety structures, says India's CAG
- 07/23/17--17:00: Indian Army critically short of ammunition, says CAG
- 07/23/17--17:00: India reports sharp increase in ceasefire violations along LoC
- 07/23/17--17:00: India progresses sale of BEML
- 07/23/17--17:00: Czech MoD poised to secure Nexter 6x6, Iveco 4x4 procurement
- 07/23/17--17:00: China orders four more Mi-171E helicopters
- 07/23/17--17:00: Brazilian Navy re-considering Skyhawk modernisation programme
- 07/24/17--17:00: UK launches defence plans review
China has commissioned its sixth Type 052D destroyer, according an official statement
Platform will bolster Beijing’s anti-access capabilities in the East China Sea
China commissioned its sixth Type 052D destroyer on 17 July, according to a statement posted on the Xiamen
South Korea has urged the government in Pyongyang to promptly respond to its offer of inter-Korean military talks, emphasising that they are key to easing regional tensions.
“Relieving military tensions between the two Koreas and restoring dialogue channels in the military are very urgent
The Indian Navy (IN) has sent a request for information (RfI) to selected overseas manufacturers asking for details about locally building six diesel-electric submarines under the long-delayed Project 75 India (P-75I) programme, which is worth over INR500billion (USD7.8 billion).
On 20 July, Croatia finally issued a request for proposals (RfP) for the acquisition of up to 12 modern multirole fighter aircraft. The Croatian Ministry of Defence (MoD) said the RfP was sent to five countries: Greece, Israel and the US for the F-16; South Korea for the FA-50; and Sweden for the
The Pentagon estimates its Columbia-class submarine programme, to replace ageing Ohio-class ballistic missile submarines (SSBNs), will cost USD127.036 billion.
In its latest Selected Acquisition Reports the Department of Defense said Colombia-class programme costs decreased by USD1.202 billion from
The Senate Appropriations Committee has allocated initial defence topline funding that is much lower than its House counterpart, with the Senate recommending USD595.2 billion versus the House’s USD658.1 billion.
For its preliminary budget draft, Senate appropriators will consider USD513.1
The Brazilian Navy is to receive all of its four KC-2 carrier-on-board delivery/air-to-air refuelling (COD/AAR) aircraft in 2021, the service told Jane’s . Deliveries for that year are to run in April and July, with the final two aircraft being delivered in October, it added.
The first flight
India's state-owned Goa Shipyard Limited has delivered the first of two 105.7 m-long advanced offshore patrol vessels (AOPVs) to the Sri Lanka Navy (SLN).
The ship, which will be known as SLNS Sayurala (with pennant number P623) once it enters service, was handed over to the service during a 22
The government in Seoul is pushing to revise the missile guidelines developed with Washington to double the maximum weight of warheads mounted on South Korean ballistic missiles from the current 500 kg, the Yonhap news agency reported on 24 July citing unnamed sources.
The South Korean government
Spanish engineering group Sener returned to net profits in 2016 at fractionally under EUR17 million (USD20 million), a year after turning in losses of EUR71.7 million.
The turning point came as the group, which includes aerospace and defence supplier divisions, agreed last year to sell off its
The chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), General Joe Dunford, has publicly acknowledged that North Korea is capable of launching what he called “a limited missile attack”.
“Kim Jong-un’s regime is tied to [the country's] nuclear programme, and what I can tell the
India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) said in a report that the absence of a central structure in the Indian Navy (IN) to deal with safety issues resulted in 38 accidents between 2007 and 2016 in which 33 naval personnel, including officers, died.
Tabled in the Indian Parliament on 21
The Indian Army’s (IA’s) ammunition stocks are barely enough to enable the service to fight a 10-day war, the country’s Comptroller and Auditors General (CAG) said in a report tabled in the Indian parliament on 21 July.
The CAG revealed that 121 of 152 types of ammunition –
India has registered a sharp increase in the number of ceasefire violations carried out by neighbouring Pakistan along the Line of Control (LoC) in the state of Jammu and Kashmir over the past six-and-a-half months, according to a 21 July statement issued by India's Press Information Bureau (PIB).
The Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed a plan to divest a 26% stake in state-owned defence company BEML, formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited.
In a press release published on 21 July, the MoD said the government has given its in-principal approval for the “strategic
Germany is reviewing relations with Ankara in a wide range of areas, including arms exports. Asked for confirmation of a 21 July report in the tabloid newspaper Bild that arms exports to Turkey were being frozen, a German Economics Ministry spokesman told Jane's on 24 July that all licences for such
The Czech Ministry of Defence (MoD) received approval from the cabinet of ministers on 24 July to procure 62 Nexter Titus 6x6 mine-resistant, ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicles and 80 Iveco 4x4 armoured modular vehicles (AMVs) for the Army of the Czech Republic (ACR) in 2020-24 worth a total of CZK9.5
China has ordered four additional Mi-171E multirole medium helicopters from Russia, according to a 21 July statement issued by Russia’s arms export agency Rosoboronexport.
"We signed a contract for the supply of an additional batch of Mi-171E transport helicopters and their assets to
The Brazilian Navy is re-considering the number of Boeing (Douglas) AF-1/AF-1A Skyhawk (A-4KU and TA-4KU) fighters to be modernised by Embraer Defesa & Segurança to the AF-1B/C standard, the service told Jane’s .
The final total number of modernised jets is being re-evaluated due to
A review of the implementation of the UK defence and security plans has been launched, according to a surprise announcement by the UK Cabinet Office.
The review will look at the “UK national security capabilities, in support of the ongoing implementation” of the 2015 National Security