Articles on this Page
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Iran announces Sayy...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Heckler & Koch anno...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Former Pentagon ind...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Egypt receives firs...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Dutch receive first...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _DoD awards first LR...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _China bolstering de...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Chile, Bolivia begi...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Brazilian Army anno...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Bangladesh Army to ...
- 07/25/17--17:00: _Afghanistan to rece...
- 07/26/17--16:00: _US Air Force analys...
- 07/26/17--16:00: _STRATCOM chief: Imp...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Turkey signs S-400 ...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Romania cites Patri...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Philippine Air Forc...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Leonardo DRS to upg...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Implications of Tru...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _German Tiger crashe...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _China sets up agenc...
- 07/25/17--17:00: Iran announces Sayyad-3 SAM production
- 07/25/17--17:00: Heckler & Koch announces results of equity drive
- 07/25/17--17:00: Egypt receives first single-seat Rafales
- 07/25/17--17:00: Dutch receive first upgraded PC-7
- 07/25/17--17:00: DoD awards first LRASM production contract
- 07/25/17--17:00: China bolstering defences along border with North Korea, says report
- 07/25/17--17:00: Chile, Bolivia begin border committee meetings
- 07/25/17--17:00: Brazilian Army announces ambitious aviation modernisation plan
- 07/25/17--17:00: Bangladesh Army to get 97 more units in four years, says report
- 07/25/17--17:00: Afghanistan to receive further ScanEagle UASs
- 07/26/17--16:00: US Air Force analysing future of multi-domain C2
- 07/26/17--17:00: Turkey signs S-400 deal with Russia amid rift with US
- 07/26/17--17:00: Philippine Air Force receives two Cessna 208B ISR aircraft from US
- 07/26/17--17:00: Leonardo DRS to upgrade BMS for Australian armour
- 07/26/17--17:00: Implications of Trump’s transgender military ban unclear
- 07/26/17--17:00: German Tiger crashes in Mali, crew killed
- 07/26/17--17:00: China sets up agency to lead military R&D
The Sayyad-3 missile appears to be a development of the Sayyad-2
Iranian reporting indicates it can be used with the Talash system and an improved Talash-2 that is being developed
The production line for Iran’s new Sayyad-3 long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) was formally
Germany’s Heckler & Koch (H&K) announced on 24 July that it had successfully strengthened its financial position following an equity drive launched on 6 July.
The company said in a statement that it had reduced its debt by EUR50 million (USD58 million) to EUR170 million. Additionally,
Former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Industrial Policy William Greenwalt is joining with another former defence official, Paul Brinkley, to form a new investment firm, according to a press release issued on 25 July.
The new firm, Brinkley Greenwalt LLC, will target privately held technology
Egypt has received the first of eight single-seat Dassault Rafale C multirole combat aircraft, the country’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 26 July.
Two aircraft making up the fourth installment of Rafale deliveries (the previous three installments being made up of twin-seat Rafale B
The Netherlands has received its first upgraded PC-7 trainer from Pilatus, the Dutch Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 20 July. The aircraft is the first of the Netherlands' Elementaire Militaire Vlieger Opleiding (Basic Military Pilot Training, EMVO) programme's 13 PC-7s being upgraded. The
The US military is to receive its first air-launched Lockheed Martin AGM-158C Long-Range Anti-Ship Missiles (LRASMs) in the third quarter of 2019, under a Department of Defense (DoD) contract awarded on 25 July.
The contract, which is valued at USD86.5 million, will see Lockheed Martin Missiles and
China has been bolstering defences along its border with North Korea in preparation for a potential crisis in the region, including the possibility of a US military strike, T he Wall Street Journal newspaper reported on 24 July
Based on a review of official Chinese military and government websites,
Bolivian and Chilean customs, border enforcement agencies, and foreign affairs representatives are meeting from 25-26 July, for the first time since 2011, to try and restore bilateral co-operation along a troublesome border area in the Tarapacá and Antofagasta regions.
The Brazilian Army has established an ambitious strategy to boost its aviation capability through planned helicopters and transport aircraft acquisition and upgrades from 2018-37, the army said on 24 July.
As part of its Strategic Program Army Aviation (Pg EE AvEx), the service will build new and
The government in Dhaka has announced that the Bangladesh Army will form 97 more military units under three cantonments within four years as part of a push to strengthen and modernise the country’s military, according to a 16 July report by the Dhaka-based The Independent newspaper.
Afghanistan is to receive five new Insitu ScanEagle unmanned aircraft systems (UASs) under a USD19.6 million contract announced by the US Department of Defense (DoD) on 25 July.
The contract covers the five UASs (one UAS typically comprises upwards of 12 air vehicles as well as associated pneumatic
The USAF is performing a year-long analysis of multi-domain C2
The goal is to increase the speed of C2 to overwhelm an enemy
The US Air Force (USAF) is performing a year-long analysis of the future of multi-domain command and control (C2), according to the service’s top officer.
The head of US Strategic Command wants better space-based sensors for missile defence
Some in Congress are pushing for an 'East Coast' interceptor site, but commanders prioritise capability improvements over expansion
The Pentagon should work to improve sensors and interceptors for
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on 25 July that his country had signed an agreement with Russia on the purchase of S-400 surface-to-air missile systems amid US concern about the move.
Speaking to lawmakers on 25 July, Erdogan said, “We have now taken steps with Russia on this
Romania’s new defence minister, Adrian Tutuianu, cited three US-built weapon platforms on 26 July as the country’s three top defence procurement priorities from a list drawn up by the Romanian Ministry of Defence (MoD) and approved by the country’s parliament.
The Philippine Air Force (PAF) has received two US-built Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX aircraft modified to carry out intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions.
The service released images of an unrelated awards ceremony held on 24 July at the Villamor Air Base in Manila showing
Leonardo DRS will provide the Australian Army with its next-generation battle management system (BMS) hardware, known as the Mounted Family of Computer Systems (MFoCS), for the service’s M1A1SA main battle tanks (MBTs) and associated combat vehicles.
The company announced in a 26 July
President Donald Trump on 26 July announced that the US military will ban transgender troops from service, although it was not immediately clear how this would be done.
White House Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders that day said the US Department of Defense (DoD) "will be the lead" on
An Airbus Helicopters Tiger attack platform operated by the German Army has crashed while operating in Mali, killing both crew members.
The incident happened in a remote desert region about 70 km north-east of Gao, at approximately 12:20 local time on 26 July.
According to the Bundeswehr the cause
New committee to be tasked with shaping national policy
Move comes as Beijing restructures military R&D network
China has set up a government agency to lead defence research and development (R&D) as part of ongoing efforts to spur advancement in military technologies.