- RSS Channel Showcase 2316751
- RSS Channel Showcase 4284303
- RSS Channel Showcase 5367059
- RSS Channel Showcase 9327380
Articles on this Page
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Chile’s S-70i Black...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Canada buying new 7...
- 07/26/17--17:00: _Anka UAV makes forc...
- 07/26/17--18:00: _USAF, USN still con...
- 07/26/17--18:00: _Ugandan president r...
- 07/27/17--16:00: _RAF upgrading HC4 C...
- 07/27/17--16:00: _India seeks new SIG...
- 07/27/17--16:00: _FVL next-gen rotorc...
- 07/27/17--16:00: _Brazilian Army to d...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _US Army chief wary ...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _STX France to be na...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _Pakistan highlights...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _Lebanese military r...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _Iran announces firs...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _Indian Army aims to...
- 07/27/17--18:00: _KC-46A tanker compl...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _Safran’s first half...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _Germany uses M28 Sk...
- 07/27/17--17:00: _Cubic supplies P5 c...
- 07/27/17--18:00: _Weak pound pushes L...
- 07/26/17--17:00: Chile’s S-70i Black Hawks to be delivered next year
- 07/26/17--17:00: Canada buying new 7.62 mm general purpose machine guns
- 07/26/17--17:00: Anka UAV makes forced landing
- 07/26/17--18:00: Ugandan president reveals T-90 and Chinese tanks
- 07/27/17--16:00: RAF upgrading HC4 Chinooks to new HC6A standard
- 07/27/17--16:00: India seeks new SIGINT and COMJAM aircraft
- 07/27/17--16:00: FVL next-gen rotorcraft’s cautious pace worries industry
- 07/27/17--16:00: Brazilian Army to dramatically cut force structure and costs
- 07/27/17--17:00: STX France to be nationalised
- 07/27/17--17:00: Pakistan highlights requirement for industry investment
- 07/27/17--17:00: Lebanese military remains on the sideline in major battle
- 07/27/17--17:00: Iran announces first successful Simorgh SLV launch
- 07/27/17--17:00: Indian Army aims to source spare parts from domestic companies
- 07/27/17--18:00: KC-46A tanker completes EMP testing
- 07/27/17--17:00: Safran’s first half defence revenue grows by 6.8%
- 07/27/17--17:00: Germany uses M28 Skytruck for paratroop training
- 07/27/17--17:00: Cubic supplies P5 combat training systems for RAAF’s Hawk fleet
- 07/27/17--18:00: Weak pound pushes Leonardo revenue down in first half
Three Sikorsky S-70i Black Hawks being built by Sikorsky's PZL Mielec in Poland for the Chilean Air Force have passed the basic airframe inspection and will now begin integrating equipment for delivery next year.
The three S-70i aircraft, part of a USD180 million order for six Black Hawks placed in
Canada plans to buy 1,148 new 7.62 mm C6A1 FLEX General Purpose Machine Guns (GPMGs) from Colt Canada under a CAD32.1 million (USD25.7 million) deal including related spares and accessories, Minister of National Defence Harjit Sajjan announced on 26 July.
Colt Canada will begin deliveries of the
An 8th Army Corps Anka unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) operating over Elazig, eastern Anatolia, made a forced landing soon after take-off on 24 July due to a technical failure, Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) tweeted on 25 July.
According to initial media reports, villagers informed the military
The US Air Force (USAF) and US Navy (USN) are still mulling ways to make their nuclear-armed missiles more common, but are wary of creating single points of failure, according to Pentagon’s top nuclear officer.
USAF-USN nuclear weapons commonality is “certainly not probably as visible
The Ugandan People Defence Force’s (UPDF’s) acquisition of T-90 tanks from Russia was confirmed on 23 July, when a photograph showing several examples was posted on President Yoweri Museveni’s Twitter account.
Uganda received 44 T-90S tanks from Russia in 2011, according to the
The United Kingdom is upgrading its fleet of Boeing Chinook HC4 transport helicopters to bring them up to the new HC6A standard, Jane’s has learned.
The Royal Air Force’s (RAF’s) 38 HC4 helicopters are being re-designated HC6A with the replacement of the analogue flight control
India has issued a request for information (RFI) for signals intelligence (SIGINT) and communications jamming (COMJAM) aircraft, with deliveries to begin two years after a contract signature.
The RFI for seven aircraft, which was issued by the Indian government in late July, is for five SIGINT and
Industry teams are concerned that the Pentagon's comprehensive Future Vertical Lift (FVL) rotorcraft programme, its only major new rotorcraft acquisition, is advancing at a slow pace that could cause some investment and workforce issues.
The project has been ongoing at a basic concept and science
The Brazilian Army is scaling back its forces and reorganising under guidance from the service’s commander for 2017–18, meant to address budget constraints while preserving as much as combat power as possible.
The force will implement a 10% minimum personnel cut; replace an undisclosed
The US Army’s most notable challenge include North Korea, Russia, China, Iran, and violent extremism, and the most likely future warfare scenarios involve urban combat, according to US Army Chief of Staff General Mark Milley.
North Korea is “the single most dangerous threat facing the
French President Emmanuel Macron has halted the proposed acquisition of naval shipyard STX France by Fincantieri, through the exercise of share purchase rights, which the French government has described as a ‘temporary nationalisation’.
In May 2017 the Italian state-owned shipbuilder
A defence production committee in Pakistan has highlighted a requirement for greater government investment in the country’s state-run defence industrial base.
At a hearing of the Senate Standing Committee on Defence Production on 26 July, officials said companies that required additional
The Lebanese Shia group Hizbullah has defeated Sunni militants from Jabhat Fatah al-Sham (JFS) and the Islamic State in less than a week, forcing them to withdraw from the outskirts of Arsal, a town in northeast Lebanon close to the Syrian border.
By 27 July, Hizbullah had recaptured most of the
Iran announced the first official launch of a Simorgh satellite launch vehicle (SLV) took place at the new Imam Khomeini National Space Centre in Semnan province on 27 July.
The Iranian media coverage of the launch did not claim that the SLV was carrying a satellite, but reported that the Simorgh
The Indian Army (IA) is advancing its ‘roadmap’ to indigenously source spares and key components for its principal platforms in order to ensure operational preparedness ‘at all times’, senior officers have revealed.
By 2020–21 the army aims to halve its spares import
Boeing has completed electromagnetic testing of its KC-46A Pegasus tanker to test and evaluate the aircraft’s electromagnetic pulse (EMP) protection while in flight.
The test, which was announced by Boeing on 27 July, took place at Naval Air Station (NAS) Patuxent River in Maryland and
French aerospace and defence company Safran posted organic revenue growth of 2.4% year on year in the first half of 2017, according to financial results released on 28 July. Adjusted sales were EUR8 billion (USD9.3 billion) in the period, including EUR624 million generated from the company’s
The Bundeswehr is using two leased PZL Mielec M28 Skytruck twin-turboprop short takeoff and landing (STOL) aircraft for paratroop training. German paratroopers jumped from an M28 flying for the first time on 27 June. The jump was conducted through the emergency exit at the rear of the aircraft over
Cubic Global Defense has announced that it recently supplied more than 60 P5 Combat Training Systems (CTS/TCTS) with Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) pods for the upgrade of the Royal Australian Air Force’s (RAAF’s) Hawk 127 fleet.
In a 27 July statement, the company said
Italian defence group Leonardo published financial results for the first half of its financial year on 27 July, showing relatively stable profits, despite a fall in revenue.
Sales in the six months to 30 June were EUR5.3 billion (USD6.2 billion), a fall of 1.6% year on year. However, earnings