- RSS Channel Showcase 5692674
- RSS Channel Showcase 9034394
- RSS Channel Showcase 7654077
- RSS Channel Showcase 1239084
Articles on this Page
- 07/31/17--17:00: _Argentina moving fo...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _US Senate approves ...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _US Air Force’s OA-X...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _US Air Force extend...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _UAV airstrip under ...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Swiftships repair f...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _South Korean navy r...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Russian Navy Day ce...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Russia receives fir...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Ricardo to grow US ...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Report: Boeing to c...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Reliance sales surg...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Peruvian Army build...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Navantia reports ye...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _MDHI notes interest...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _MDHI drops developm...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _JLTV makes strides,...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Hyundai posts doubl...
- 08/01/17--17:00: _Former US military ...
- 08/02/17--17:00: _With an eye on NATO...
- 07/31/17--17:00: Argentina moving forward on multiple defence acquisitions
- 08/01/17--17:00: US Senate approves slew of Pentagon civilian leaders
- 08/01/17--17:00: US Air Force’s OA-X light attack experiment starts early
- 08/01/17--17:00: US Air Force extends GPS OCX baseline by nine months
- 08/01/17--17:00: UAV airstrip under construction in Macedonia
- 08/01/17--17:00: Swiftships repair facility cleared for Iraq
- 08/01/17--17:00: South Korean navy receives second LST-II
- 08/01/17--17:00: Russia receives first BMR-3MA heavy mine-clearing vehicles
- 08/01/17--17:00: Ricardo to grow US presence
- 08/01/17--17:00: Report: Boeing to create unit cutting out subcontractors
- 08/01/17--17:00: Reliance sales surge but losses widen
- 08/01/17--17:00: Peruvian Army building Mi-17 fleet maintenance centre
- 08/01/17--17:00: Navantia reports year-end results
- 08/01/17--17:00: MDHI notes interest in armed MD 902 helo
- 08/01/17--17:00: MDHI drops development of MD 540A light attack helo
- 08/01/17--17:00: JLTV makes strides, Oshkosh receives USD195 million order
- 08/01/17--17:00: Hyundai posts double-digit losses
- 08/01/17--17:00: Former US military leaders push Trump to arm Ukraine
- 08/02/17--17:00: With an eye on NATO membership, Macedonia raises defence spending
Argentine President Mauricio Macri on 31 July signed a decree authorising state credit to finance some of the major defence acquisition programmes included in the 2017 budget.
The decree, published on 1 August, stated that the executive authorises public credit for projects to buy offshore patrol
The US Senate late on 1 August confirmed a group of civilian defence leaders for the Trump administration, including Richard Spencer as secretary of the navy and Ellen Lord as the acquisition executive.
Senators also confirmed Ryan McCarthy as undersecretary of the army; Matthew Donovan as
The USAF kicked off its light attack experiment early as pilots completed training
Air Tractor and L3 announce they are participating with their AT-802L Longsword
The US Air Force’s (USAF) highly anticipated light attack experiment (OA-X) at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico
The US Air Force extended Raytheon’s GPS OCX schedule baseline by nine months
Raytheon insists this is not a schedule slip, only margin
The US Air Force (USAF) is extending prime contractor Raytheon’s schedule baseline extension from 24 months to 33 months for its Global
The Army of the Republic of Macedonia (ARM) and US Army Europe's 2nd Cavalry Regiment Engineering Squadron are conducting joint exercises in the Krivolak Training Area, the largest military base in Macedonia located near the city of Negotino. Exercise ‘Dragoon Guardian 17’, running from
The US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced on 1 August that the State Department had approved the sale of follow-on support for US-origin naval vessels and a ship repair facility to Iraq.
It said the proposed deal is estimated to be worth USD150 million and the prime contractor
The Republic of Korea Navy (RoKN) has received its second LST-II tank landing ship, according to a statement issued by South Korea's Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA).
Named Cheonjabong (with pennant number 687), the vessel was delivered by shipbuilder Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
Usually held in Northern Fleet, Russia’s annual Navy Day parade on 30 July was staged this year for the first time in the Baltic Sea.
More than 50 surface vessels and submarines, in addition to 40 aircraft, took part in the event, which was held at Kronshtadt naval base in St Petersburg,
The Uralvagonzavod (UVZ) research and manufacturing corporation, a subsidiary of Rostec, has delivered a batch of the new BMR-3MA heavy mine-clearing vehicle (MCV) to Russia`s Ministry of Defence (MoD), a company representative told Jane's.
"This is the first BMR-3MA delivery to Russia`s
UK engineering firm Ricardo announced on 2 August that it would be expanding its presence in the US through the acquisition of engineering firm Control Point.
The deal, valued at USD10.2 million (EUR11.4 million) in cash, will see Control Point become part of Ricardo’s US subsidiary Ricardo
Boeing is forming a new unit to produce avionics that will supplant suppliers for both its military and civil aircraft, according to a report from Reuters. The unit is not expected to be operational until 2020, but would provide avionics for a range of Boeing aircraft.
An internal memo obtained by
India's Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) tripled its revenues but suffered widened losses in the second quarter of 2017, the company announced on 1 August.
RDEL, formerly known as Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering, said its quarterly sales surged to INR2.3 billion (USD36.1
The Peruvian Army’s new Aviation Maintenance Centre (Centro de Mantenimiento Aeronáutico del Ejército: CEMAE) is “78% completed” and is scheduled to open by October, the service said on 31 July. The facilities will maintain the army’s fleet of 24 Mil Mi-17
Navantia racked up the biggest individual company loss for its parent group, the Spanish state holding body Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI), in 2016.
The shipbuilder’s deficit reached EUR303.8 million (USD359 million) on sales of EUR723.53 million, according to
MD Helicopters Inc (MDHI) has received interest in its armed MD 902 concept from a number of foreign militaries, development of which is currently ongoing, a company representative told Jane’s on 1 August.
“We are talking to/working with a number of foreign militaries who have expressed
MD Helicopters Inc (MDHI) has ceased development of its MD 540A armed reconnaissance and light attack rotorcraft, in favour of offering its current MD 530F and MD 530G models and its planned MD 6XX platform instead.
Speaking to Jane's on 1 August, a company representative said that, with the
Oshkosh on 1 August announced an order for 748 Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs) worth more than USD195 million. It marks the fifth order to date and includes “2,359 installed and packaged kits”, according to the company.
The JLTV contract for low-rate initial production (LRIP) of
South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) posted double-digit falls in sales and earnings during the second quarter of 2017, the company announced on 1 August.
HHI said in a filing to the South Korean stock exchange that its quarterly sales had declined year on year by 24% to KRW4.6 trillion
A group of former US military leaders have conducted a 'media blitz' as part of a campaign to persuade the Trump Administration to arm Ukraine in its fight against Russian-backed separatists
Legislation to this effect has been passed by the US Congress and is now on the desk of
The new government of Macedonia will accelerate the nation's integration into NATO and the EU and raise defence spending to fund the modernisation of the Army of the Republic of Macedonia (ARM) so it can increase its involvement in NATO-led missions, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said in his address to