Articles on this Page
- 08/03/17--17:00: _Chinese frigate joi...
- 08/03/17--17:00: _Boeing expects init...
- 08/03/17--18:00: _US Department of St...
- 08/03/17--18:00: _US Army’s modernise...
- 08/03/17--18:00: _Turkmenistan releas...
- 08/06/17--16:00: _US suspends search ...
- 08/06/17--16:00: _US Air Force seeks ...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _Venezuelan rebels r...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _US Navy suspends se...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _US Navy moving towa...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _US drills ground at...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _US Army orders addi...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _Malaysia’s TDA make...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _Brazilian corvette ...
- 08/06/17--17:00: _Belgium issues RFI ...
- 08/06/17--18:00: _Slovak Air Force re...
- 08/06/17--18:00: _Orbital ATK expects...
- 08/06/17--18:00: _OPTSAT-3000 gives I...
- 08/06/17--18:00: _NSPA to publish RfP...
- 08/07/17--15:00: _Singapore dispatche...
- 08/03/17--17:00: Boeing expects initial GBSD downselect in September
- 08/03/17--18:00: US Army’s modernised ATACMS enters production
- 08/06/17--17:00: Venezuelan rebels raid army weapons as security situation worsens
- 08/06/17--17:00: US Navy suspends search for missing sailor in South China Sea
- 08/06/17--17:00: US Army orders additional HMS Manpacks for next phase of testing
- 08/06/17--17:00: Malaysia’s TDA makes corruption-free pledge
- 08/06/17--17:00: Brazilian corvette Barroso joining UN naval force in Lebanon
- 08/06/17--17:00: Belgium issues RFI for command and liaison vehicles
- 08/06/17--18:00: Slovak Air Force receives first two Black Hawks
- 08/06/17--18:00: Orbital ATK expects to exceed initial 2017 guidance
- 08/06/17--18:00: OPTSAT-3000 gives Italy key space intelligence capability
- 08/06/17--18:00: NSPA to publish RfP for Portugal’s new signal shelter carriers
China has deployed a guided-missile frigate to assist in the search for a missing US Navy sailor in the South China Sea
Operation represents a rare moment of co-operation between the United States and Chinese navies in the disputed maritime region
A China’s People’s
Boeing expects the US Air Force (USAF) to make its Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) technology maturation and risk reduction (TMRR) downselect in September, a company official said on 2 August.
Frank McCall, Boeing programme manager for GBSD and director of strategic deterrence systems, told
The US Department of State has approved a possible USD108.7 million Foreign Military Sale of AN/ALE-70(V) radio frequency (RF) countermeasures systems to Australia, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) said in a 3 August statement.
The government in Canberra had requested a possible
Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control was awarded a USD161.4 contract for 150 Army Tactical Missile Guided Missile (ATACMS) and launching assemblies’ service life extension programme, the US Department of Defense (DoD) announced on 2 August.
This is the first production contract for the
Turkmenistan’s state media has released video footage demonstrating the country’s weaponised Leonardo (formerly AgustaWestland) AW109 helicopters.
Released in early August, the footage shows two such platforms equipped with rocket pods conducting live-fire drills at an undisclosed
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) and the US Navy (USN) have suspended a search for three missing marines that were involved in a MV-22 Osprey accident at Shoalwater Bay, off the east coast of Queensland, Australia on 5 August.
Confirmation of the suspension was announced by the Australian
The US Air Force (USAF) seeks information from industry for a potential overhaul of the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile’s (ICMB) common signals decoder (ground) (CSD(G)), according to a 13 July announcement on Federal Business Opportunities (FBO).
CSD(G), according to the
A group of about 40 Venezuelan rebels – including former military, national guardsmen, and civilians – on 6 August raided the 41st Brigade headquarters at the city of Valencia, about 120 km west of Caracas.
The action was initially considered an uprising by the Venezuelan Army.
The US Navy (USN) has suspended the search for a sailor who has been reported missing in the South China Sea since 1 August.
The sailor, identified by the service on 5 August as Lieutenant Steven D. Hopkins, was reported missing from the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Stethem ,
The US Navy has completed the second in a series of ballistic missile defence flight tests for its next-generation AN/SPY-6(V) Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR), US Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) announced on 3 August.
For the test, held on 27 July, a medium-range ballistic missile target
US forces including 10 A-10 Thunderbolt II 'Warthog' close air-support aircraft, an MC-130J Commando II, and some 270 personnel began a 16-day deployment to Ämari air force base and Jägala army base in Estonia on 4 August, the US European Command (EUCOM) has announced.
The A-10s will
Harris and Rockwell Collins will supply radios for testing in 2018 and 2019
General Dynamics withdraws from Manpack competition
Harris and Rockwell Collins will each deliver 101 Handheld, Manpack, and Small Form Factor (HMS) Manpack radios to the US Army for continued testing of the
Malaysia’s Technology Depository Agency (TDA) has signed a pledge to ensure transparency in its management of the Industrial Collaboration Programme (ICP), the scheme through which foreign contractors are required to transfer technologies to Malaysian industry.
The TDA said on 4 August that
Brazilian Navy corvette Barroso (V 34) will become the UN Interim Force in Lebanon-Maritime Task Force (UNIFIL-MTF) flagship on 15 September, the services told Jane’s .
The ship departed Rio de Janeiro Naval Base on 6 August and is scheduled to arrive in Beirut on 8 September to replace
The Belgian Ministry of Defence has issued a request for information (RFI) for the procurement of a new armoured command and liaison vehicle to replace its current Iveco Lynx Light Multirole Vehicle (LMV). The RFI, a copy of which has been seen by Jane's , is for around 440 identical vehicles, plus
Slovak Defence Minister Peter Gajdoš handed the first two Sikorsky UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters to the Slovak Air Force's helicopter wing in Prešov on 3 August, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced.
With the acquisition of nine Black Hawks, "the modernisation of our air force has
US ammunition and missile propulsion supplier Orbital ATK has raised its full-year financial guidance following a better than expected performance in the second quarter, the company revealed in financial results released on 3 August.
Revenues generated in the second quarter were USD1.1 billion, a
The Italian ministry of defence's (MoD) first optical reconnaissance satellite was launched from the European spaceport in Kourou, French Guyana, on a Vega European launcher on 2 August.
"The satellite launched today with its optical payload, based on defence co-operation between Italy and
The NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) is expected to publish a request for proposals (RfP) online this month for the acquisition of 47 4x4 medium tactical signal shelter carriers for the Portuguese Army’s SIC-T tactical communication and information system, the army told Jane’s
A Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) C-130 transport aircraft has completed the delivery of humanitarian supplies to the island of Mindanao in the Southern Philippines.
The delivery is in support of ongoing relief efforts by the Philippine government for civilians displaced by the fighting in