- RSS Channel Showcase 6878256
- RSS Channel Showcase 5099198
- RSS Channel Showcase 8710417
- RSS Channel Showcase 1881291
Articles on this Page
- 08/07/17--16:00: _Israel grounds Apac...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _USAF awards Air For...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _US supports India's...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _New minister appoin...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Hornet upgrade posi...
- 08/07/17--18:00: _Japan's white paper...
- 08/07/17--18:00: _Airbus and Leonardo...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _USN, Iranian aircra...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _US Air Force awards...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Ultra Electronics r...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _TransDigm reports s...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Second Type 209 sub...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Pentagon issues cla...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Macedonian companie...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _DF-31AG ICBM can ca...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Chinese helos arriv...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Bolivian Navy estab...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _BAE Systems, Leonar...
- 08/07/17--17:00: _Administrators anno...
- 08/07/17--18:00: _Russia steps up Bal...
- 08/07/17--16:00: Israel grounds Apaches after fatal crash
- 08/07/17--17:00: USAF awards Air Force One contract for two 747-8 aircraft
- 08/07/17--17:00: US supports India's membership of export control regimes
- 08/07/17--17:00: New minister appointed to lead South Korea's DAPA
- 08/07/17--17:00: Hornet upgrade positions Boeing for growth in Malaysia
- 08/07/17--18:00: Japan's white paper outlines top priorities for defence production
- 08/07/17--18:00: Airbus and Leonardo compete to replace Portugal’s Alouette IIIs
- 08/07/17--17:00: USN, Iranian aircraft have 'unsafe' interaction
- 08/07/17--17:00: Ultra Electronics reports flat results
- 08/07/17--17:00: TransDigm reports surging earnings
- 08/07/17--17:00: Second Type 209 sub handed over to Egypt
- 08/07/17--17:00: Pentagon issues classified guidance for defending against UAS
- 08/07/17--17:00: DF-31AG ICBM can carry multiple warheads, claims China’s state media
- 08/07/17--17:00: Chinese helos arrive in Darfur
- 08/07/17--17:00: Bolivian Navy establishes new simulation centre
- 08/07/17--17:00: BAE Systems, Leonardo team up to offer new projectiles to US forces
- 08/07/17--17:00: Administrators announced to sell Britannia 2000 technology
- 08/07/17--18:00: Russia steps up Baltic incursions as US increases air policing
The Israeli Air Force (IAF) has grounded its fleet of Boeing AH-64 Apache attack helicopters during investigations into a fatal crash that occurred on 7 August.
Announced on the service's Facebook page, the grounding order has been placed on the IAF's entire attack helicopter division until the
The US Air Force (USAF) has awarded a contract to procure two Boeing 747-8 aircraft to be modified for use as the future presidential transport platforms.
The contract, announced by the USAF on 4 August, follows a set of awards in 2016 for risk reduction activities into the replacement of the
The US government has backed India's efforts to expand its membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) and other international export control regimes.
The US Department of Defense and Department of State said in a joint report recently submitted to Congress that they had "called on NSG
South Korean president Moon Jae-in has appointed a new chief to lead the country's Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA), it was announced on 7 August.
A statement from the presidential office said Jeon Jei-guk – a senior official in the South Korean Ministry of National Defense
Boeing is confident that its completed programme to upgrade the Royal Malaysian Air Force's (RMAF) F/A-18 Hornet fighter aircraft has placed the company in a strong position to bid for future air combat capability requirements in the country.
A Boeing spokesperson told Jane's on 8 August that the
Japan's latest defence white paper looks to improve the efficiency of the country's defence production and procurement
The paper also describes North Korea's nuclear weapon and ballistic missile developments for the first time as a "new level of threat"
Japan's Defence White
The Portuguese Air Force has received proposals from Airbus Helicopters and Leonardo Helicopters for the replacement of its Sud Aviation SE3160 Alouette III helicopters, the Portuguese Ministry of National Defence (MoND) told Jane’s .
Airbus Helicopters has proposed the H125 and Leonardo
An Iranian QOM-1 unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) had an "unsafe and unprofessional interaction" with a US Navy (USN) Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet "Argonauts" of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 147 assigned to the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68) on 8 August 2017
US Air Force buys new 747-8 aircraft from Boeing from company's existing inventory
Company and service claim this is a better price than originally envisioned
The US Air Force (USAF) awarded prime contractor Boeing a contract modification on 4 August for two commercial 747-8 aircraft
UK company Ultra Electronics reported nearly unchanged results for the first half of the company's fiscal year 2017 (FY 2017) compared with the same half of 2016. Revenue declined 0.1% while underlying operating profit fell 0.2%.
The company had sales of GBP366.4 million (USD478 million)
US aircraft components maker TransDigm reported its third quarter earnings for the company’s fiscal year 2017 on 8 August, with sales increasing 13.8% and net income up 5.2% year over year.
Much of the sales increase was tied to the acquisition of Data Device Corporation, which TransDigm
The Egyptian Navy took delivery of S 42 (864), the second of four Type 209/1400 submarines, at the ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) yard in Kiel on 8 August, the Egyptian Ministry of Defence announced.
The first submarine S 41 (861) was handed over in December 2016, arrived at its base in
The US Department of Defense (DoD) has issued a new, secret guidance for defending against unmanned aerial systems (UASs) near military personnel and assets.
“The Department of Defense issued very specific, but classified, policies that detail how DoD personnel may counter the unmanned
The Arms and Equipment Group (ASG) of the Economic Chamber of Macedonia has called for the harmonisation of national weapons procurement regulations. At a press conference on 7 August in Skopje, the ASG proposed a meeting with the ministries and institutions of the recently appointed government to
Chinese media have suggested that China's DF-31AG ICBM could be armed with MIRV warheads
The DF-31AG uses a 16-wheel road-capable TEL, widening its deployment options and thus increasing its survivability
While official Chinese sources have said almost nothing about the capabilities of
The first helicopters that the Chinese military has contributed to a peacekeeping mission arrived in Darfur on 7 August.
The Xinhau news agency reported that it took the two Mi-171 helicopters four hours to fly the 900 km from Khartoum International Airport to El-Fasher, where they will support the
The Bolivian Naval Military Academy has established a new merchant and military navigation simulator centre: the Centro Tecnológico de Adiestramiento Marítimo Naval.
The centre is based on the Navi-Trainer Professional 5000 (NTPRO 5000) platform developed by Saint Petersburg-based IT
The companies will offer guided and unguided versions of the Vulcano 155 mm
The 5-inch and 155 mm projectiles share a common canard actuation subsystem
BAE Systems has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Leonardo to offer the Italian company’s Vulcano family of
Administrators have been appointed to manage aircraft communications equipment company Britannia 2000, Quantuma announced on 7 August. The two administrators, Chris Newell and Nick Simmonds, are partners at Quantuma, and were appointed on 25 July according to a press release.
According to the
Following President Dalia Grybauskaite’s 31 July announcement that the number of US F-15C Eagle fighters in Lithuania would be increased from four to seven during Russia’s forthcoming 'Zapad' exercise, Moscow has stepped up incursions into the country’s airspace.