- RSS Channel Showcase 5768323
- RSS Channel Showcase 1710190
- RSS Channel Showcase 1137445
- RSS Channel Showcase 6747085
Articles on this Page
- 08/14/17--15:00: _Argentina ends Puca...
- 08/14/17--16:00: _UkroBoronProm unvei...
- 08/14/17--16:00: _Indian Jaguar 'test...
- 08/14/17--16:00: _India issues RFI fo...
- 08/14/17--16:00: _DSME posts further ...
- 08/14/17--16:00: _Chile commissions n...
- 08/14/17--16:00: _Boeing, General Dyn...
- 08/14/17--16:00: _Argentina unveils n...
- 08/14/17--17:00: _Russia’s Northern F...
- 08/14/17--17:00: _US prepares first B...
- 08/14/17--17:00: _Germany and the Net...
- 08/14/17--17:00: _Brazil, Peru look t...
- 08/14/17--17:00: _Algeria confirms Bu...
- 08/15/17--17:00: _US aerospace firms ...
- 08/15/17--17:00: _Private equity firm...
- 08/15/17--17:00: _Philippine lawmaker...
- 08/15/17--17:00: _New CEO named at Ta...
- 08/15/17--17:00: _Indonesia's Dirgant...
- 08/15/17--17:00: _New, expansive mili...
- 08/16/17--16:00: _Russia praises Syri...
- 08/14/17--15:00: Argentina ends Pucará engine replacement programme
- 08/14/17--16:00: UkroBoronProm unveils T-72AMT
- 08/14/17--16:00: Indian Jaguar 'test-flown with AESA radar'
- 08/14/17--16:00: India issues RFI for medium-range anti-ship missiles
- 08/14/17--16:00: DSME posts further profits
- 08/14/17--16:00: Chile commissions new off-shore patrol vessel
- 08/14/17--16:00: Boeing, General Dynamics team for Stryker-based SHORAD vehicle
- 08/14/17--16:00: Argentina unveils new Vigía 2B MALE UAV design
- 08/14/17--17:00: US prepares first Black Hawk deliveries to Afghanistan
- 08/14/17--17:00: Germany and the Netherlands go Dutch on ground based air defence
- 08/14/17--17:00: Brazil, Peru look to strengthen defence ties
- 08/14/17--17:00: Algeria confirms Buk delivery
- 08/15/17--17:00: US aerospace firms invest in Indonesia
- 08/15/17--17:00: Private equity firms reach deal on OMNIPLEX
- 08/15/17--17:00: New CEO named at Tawazun Economic Council
- 08/15/17--17:00: Indonesia's Dirgantara N219 completes maiden flight
- 08/15/17--17:00: New, expansive military legislation under review in Bolivia
- 08/16/17--16:00: Russia praises Syrian helicopter assault
Argentina’s programme to equip its IA-58 Pucará aircraft with new Pratt & Whitney PT-6A-62 engines is finished, although it has not officially been terminated, according to sources in the Argentine Air Force and state-run Fábrica Argentina de Aviones (FAdeA), the company leading
Ukraine’s defence export agency UkroBoronProm has unveiled a new upgraded variant of the T-72 main battle tank (MBT) known as the T-72AMT. Developed as a private venture by the Kiev Armoured Plant, the new design incorporates a number of lethality, survivability and systems enhancements.
HAL says it has test-flown a Jaguar fitted with an AESA radar
It remains unclear how many Jaguars are likely to receive such an upgrade
India’s state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) claims to have successfully test-flown an Indian Air Force (IAF) SEPECAT Jaguar
India has requested for information on vessel-launched medium-range anti-ship missiles and associated components
Request comes in the wake of recent partnerships announced between Indian and foreign defence companies
The Indian Ministry of Defence has issued a request for information
Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) has posted profits for the second successive quarter, it announced on 14 August. The company, which continues to face major economic challenges, attributed the gains to efficiency reforms.
DSME said its net profit in the second quarter of 2017,
The Chilean Navy has commissioned the 1,800-tonne Cabo Odger (OPV 84), its fourth Piloto Pardo-class ocean patrol vessel (OPV), locally built to German shipbuilder Fassmer’s OPV 80 design. Cabo Odger is the second of two vessels in the class built with reinforced hulls for service in Antarctic
Boeing and General Dynamics Land Systems have teamed up to produce a short-range air defence (SHORAD) system based on a Stryker wheeled combat vehicle.
The system will compete to address a gap in air defences identified by the US Army for low-flying, short-range threats.
The army's legacy
Argentine aircraft manufacturer Fábrica Argentina de Aviones (FAdeA) has showcased a mock-up of a Vigía 2B medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) developed together with INVAP.
The UAV was unveiled during Argentine Air Force day celebrations on 10 August.
On 9 August, Russia’s Northern Fleet, the most powerful of its four fleets, began a special large-scale exercise as a preparatory phase of the 'Zapad 2017' joint drill scheduled for 14-20 September, the fleet has announced.
An indicator of the importance of the exercise is that it is
The United States is on course to deliver the first batch of four Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopters to Afghanistan in the coming weeks.
NATO announced on its Resolute Support Facebook page on 15 August that, with the first aircraft now tested and ready for delivery, the remaining three
The Luftwaffe's Flugabwehrraketengruppe (Surface-to-Air Missile Group or SAM-Group) 61 will be subordinated to the Dutch Ground Based Air Defence Command in Vredepeel, the Netherlands, at the end of August, the German Air Force announced on 14 August.
The step is part of Project Apollo, under which
Brazilian Defence Minister Raul Jungmann and his Peruvian counterpart, Jorge Nieto Montesinos, met on 11 August at the Brazilian Army’s 8th Jungle Infantry Battalion (8◦ BIS) in Tabatinga, state of Amazonas, to discuss further co-operation on border security and control over the Triple
Algeria's acquisition of Buk-M2E surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems has effectively been confirmed by the August issue of the People's National Army's (ANP) El-Djeich magazine.
The publication included an article covering the 'Majd 2017' exercise held in July, which was supported by a collage of
US firms UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) and Jabil have inaugurated new industrial facilities in Bandung, Indonesia, to manufacture aerospace components and systems, the companies have confirmed to Jane's .
The facilities, which are co-located but will operate independently from one another, will be
Altamont Capital Partners has reached a deal to sell OMNIPLEX World Services to Constellis, the company announced on 14 August. Terms were not disclosed.
OMNIPLEX provides physical security and conducts investigations primarily for government customers including the US Department of Homeland
A Philippine congressman said on 16 August that vessels from the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) and China Coast Guard are "massing up" in the vicinity of Thitu Island, near the Spratly Islands cluster, and accused the vessels of blocking Filipino fishermen from accessing their
Tareq al Hosani has been appointed CEO of the United Arab Emirates' (UAE) Tawazun Economic Council (TEC) and Tawazun Holding, it was announced on 15 August.
The appointment was confirmed by Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, and Chairman of TEC.
Al Hosani has
Indonesia has completed the maiden flight of its N219 twin-turboprop aircraft
Flight paves the way for further tests and certifications for the programme, which was originally scheduled to begin serial production in 2015
State-owned firm PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI) has flown its
A far-reaching legislative package concerning the structure, functions, and funding of the Bolivian military is expected to be submitted the week commencing 14 August for the president’s approval, the Bolivian Minister of Defence announced.
The projected changes in the legal framework of the
The Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has praised the Syrian military for what it described as the first-ever helicopter assault that it has carried out against Islamic State militants.
The MoD said on 14 August that the night-time operation was carried out two days previously, under the command of