- RSS Channel Showcase 6159035
- RSS Channel Showcase 4595510
- RSS Channel Showcase 2210236
- RSS Channel Showcase 8394244
Articles on this Page
- 08/16/17--16:00: _HMS Queen Elizabeth...
- 08/16/17--16:00: _Chinese SEAD-equipp...
- 08/16/17--16:00: _Bolivia’s TAM recei...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _India’s Reliance si...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _Hensoldt completes ...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _Estonia orders Saab...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _El Salvador to rece...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _Boustead and Rheinm...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _USN commissions Lew...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _Lebanon receives fi...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _General Atomics’ Gr...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _Canada to deploy Ho...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _BAE Systems looks t...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _Australia marks mai...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _UK ceases training ...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Serbia solves short...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Putin hints at defe...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Poland opens tender...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Nigeria activates n...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Minsk and Moscow is...
- 08/16/17--16:00: HMS Queen Elizabeth comes home to Portsmouth
- 08/16/17--16:00: Chinese SEAD-equipped J-10B emerges at Aviadarts contest
- 08/16/17--16:00: Bolivia’s TAM receives new aircraft for civil relaunch
- 08/16/17--17:00: India’s Reliance signals name change
- 08/16/17--17:00: Hensoldt completes EuroAvionics deal
- 08/16/17--17:00: Estonia orders Saab training systems
- 08/16/17--17:00: El Salvador to receive UH-1Hs from Taiwan
- 08/16/17--17:00: Boustead and Rheinmetall to form Malaysian joint venture
- 08/17/17--16:00: USN commissions Lewis B Puller expeditionary sea base
- 08/17/17--16:00: Lebanon receives first Bradleys
- 08/17/17--16:00: Canada to deploy Hornet fighters to Romania
- 08/17/17--16:00: BAE Systems looks to F-35 global support growth
- 08/17/17--16:00: Australia marks maiden 'in-service' flight of PC-21 trainer
- 08/17/17--17:00: UK ceases training Syrian rebels
- 08/17/17--17:00: Serbia solves shortages with professionals
- 08/17/17--17:00: Putin hints at defence budget cuts
- 08/17/17--17:00: Poland opens tenders for new light vehicles
- 08/17/17--17:00: Nigeria activates new Mobile Strike Teams
The Royal Navy’s new aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth , was greeted by thousands of people as it entered its home port of Portsmouth for the first time on 16 August.
Its crew lined the flight deck with Merlin helicopters behind them and in the air for a flypast with Hawk fixed- and
China has used the recent ‘Aviadarts’ international aerial competition to reveal for the first time that its Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) J-10B can be equipped to perform suppression of enemy air defences (SEAD) missions, adding to the number of People’s Liberation Army Air
The Bolivian Air Force’s military transport unit on 14 August received its first aircraft under its new civilian-regulated corporate identity Transporte Aéreo Militar - Empresa Pública (TAM-EP).
The aircraft, a BAe-Avro RJ70 passenger jet, was acquired from a British lessor for
Indian company Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) has said it plans to change its name to Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited (RNEL) to better reflect its core activities.
The company, a subsidiary of the Reliance Infrastructure group, said it would seek shareholder approval for the
German defence and security sensor house Hensoldt has completed the acquisition of Pforzheim-based EuroAvionics; a provider of avionics systems for helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
The completion of the purchase – first announced in May – was announced on 17 August.
The Estonian armed forces have ordered BT46 training systems from Saab for the nation's army for delivery in 2018, the Swedish company announced on 16 August.
The systems will be used by the mechanised brigade, regiments, and at the infantry school. The contract includes BT46 systems for
Taiwan has donated four Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation (AIDC)-built Bell UH-1H helicopters to reinforce the El Salvadoran Air Force’s fleet.
The Taiwanese government only required that El Salvador pay to ship the helicopters, which is about USD2 million.
Malaysian company BHIC Defence Technologies (BHICDT), a subsidiary of Boustead Heavy Industries Corporation (BHIC), has signed a joint venture (JV) agreement with RD Investment AG (RDI), a firm owned by Rheinmetall Defence.
In a filing to the Bursa Malaysia stock exchange on 16 August BHIC said the
The US Navy (USN) on 17 August commissioned USS Lewis B Puller (ESB 3) expeditionary sea base at Khalifa bin Salman Port in Al Hidd, Bahrain.
Originally it was to be a non-commissioned but active US naval ship, but it was decided to place Lewis B Puller under command of a naval officer.
The United States handed over the first eight of 32 Bradley M2A2 infantry fighting vehicles to the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) on 14 August, in a ceremony held at Beirut's port.
Speaking during the ceremony, US Ambassador Elizabeth Richard said the Bradleys represented an investment of more than
General Atomics’ Gray Eagle-Extended Range flies for 42 consecutive hours
This is an improvement of nearly 68% on its Gray Eagle predecessor
General Atomics on 6 August performed a 42-hour endurance flight with its Gray Eagle Extended Range (GE-ER) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Canada is to send four Boeing CF-18 Hornet fighters to Romania in September, replacing the equivalent number of UK Eurofighter Typhoons that have been performing air policing duties for the past four months.
The Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) announced on 16 August that four Hornets,
BAE Systems aims to win 10% of the global business supporting Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) customers around the world, according to company executives.
Glyn Jones, BAE Systems' F-35 Development Director, told Jane’s on 16 August that the company is having
Australia has marked the first 'in-service' flight of the Pilatus PC-21 that the country acquired under the Project AIR 5428 pilot training programme.
A symbolic first in-service flight of the twin-seat turboprop trainer, made by the chief of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), Air Marshal Leo
Teams of British soldiers training Syrian rebels to fight the Islamic State have been withdrawn from Turkey and Jordan, a senior defence source knowledgeable about the controversial project has told Jane’s .
Michael Fallon, the UK defence secretary, announced in October 2016 that up to 20
The Serbian Army will have an additional 968 professional soldiers, while 46 new officers will take up command duties by the end of this year, Aleksandar Vulin, the recently appointed defence minister, announced on 16 August.
During a visit to the Serbian Army’s Logistic Training Centre in
Cuts are envisaged in Russia's forthcoming state budget in 2018 due to defence reductions, but will these not affect the re-equipment of the army and navy, President Vladimir Putin has said. The president made the remarks in a meeting on 15 August with Vladimir Vasiliev, parliamentary leader of the
Poland has reopened the tender for Mustang 4x4 vehicles, while at the same time Polish airmobile units also look for specialised airmobile troop carriers with trailers.
The most important tender is for Mustang 4x4 light multipurpose vehicles to be delivered in 2019-22. Poland is looking for 872
The Nigerian Army has activated new Mobile Strike Teams (MSTs) under Operation 'Lafiya Dole': the military campaign against Boko Haram militants in the northeast of the country.
During a ceremony held on 15 August, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, the operation's theatre commander, said
On 15 August, Moscow belatedly followed Minsk's invitation in July to arms inspectors and defence attachés from NATO and non-NATO countries, and international organisations, to view the stages of the 'Zapad 2017' joint strategic exercise on its territory. Russia is in the midst of processing