- RSS Channel Showcase 6386196
- RSS Channel Showcase 8489031
- RSS Channel Showcase 8642875
- RSS Channel Showcase 9356524
Articles on this Page
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Malaysia appoints n...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Japanese navy helic...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _India approves Apac...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Controversy surroun...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Chinese Xian H-6K w...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Bundeswehr plans fi...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Trump orders elevat...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Taiwan makes progre...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Japan announces USD...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Iran and Turkey hol...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _IAI Q2 results show...
- 08/20/17--16:00: _Rheinmetall teams w...
- 08/20/17--17:00: _USN destroyer colli...
- 08/20/17--17:00: _US State Department...
- 08/20/17--17:00: _Russia’s Severodvin...
- 08/20/17--17:00: _China to sell off m...
- 08/21/17--15:00: _Argentina seeks new...
- 08/21/17--16:00: _USN punishes office...
- 08/21/17--16:00: _US Navy chief order...
- 08/21/17--16:00: _US Air Force names ...
- 08/17/17--17:00: Malaysia appoints new submarine force commander
- 08/17/17--17:00: India approves Apache procurement for army
- 08/17/17--17:00: Chinese Xian H-6K with refuelling probe suggests new missions
- 08/17/17--17:00: Bundeswehr plans first deployment of MANTIS to Mali
- 08/17/17--17:00: Trump orders elevation of US Cyber Command
- 08/17/17--17:00: Taiwan makes progress with new jet trainer, MALE UAV
- 08/17/17--17:00: Iran and Turkey hold high-level military talks
- 08/17/17--17:00: IAI Q2 results show rising profit despite sales slowdown
- 08/20/17--17:00: US State Department approves HIMARS sale to Romania
- 08/20/17--17:00: China to sell off major stakes in naval shipyards
- 08/21/17--15:00: Argentina seeks new amphibious assault ship
- 08/21/17--16:00: USN punishes officers from Fitzgerald destroyer collision
- 08/21/17--16:00: US Air Force names A11 space operations directorate leaders
The Royal Malaysian Navy has appointed a new submarine force commander
The leader will oversee continuation of several recently announced initiatives to improve submarine operational safety in the region
The Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) has appointed Captain Abdullah Sani as the
A Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) CH-101 helicopter that was conducting vertical replenishment (VERTREP) drills on 17 August at the service’s base in Iwakuni, Yamaguchi Prefecture, has crashed.
The accident took place at about 14:20 h local time as the aircraft was hovering close to
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has approved the INR41.7 billion (USD651.3 million) import of six Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters for the Indian Army (IA).
The six helicopters, which were approved on 17 August, are part of an option of 11 that was included in an INR139.5
A recent report has asserted that North Korea's successful ICBM tests in July were facilitated by Ukrainian rocket motor technology
Official Ukrainian sources have denied the assertion
A publicly released assessment of North Korea's recent tests of intercontinental ballistic missiles
A vague image of a Xian Aircraft Corporation H-6K with a nose-mounted refuelling probe suggests additional missions may be in store for this much-modified 65-year-old medium bomber design, which first flew in 1952 as the Soviet-era Tupolev Tu-16.
Appearing for the first time on 15 August on a
The Bundeswehr is planning to deploy the Modular, Automatic and Network capable Targeting and Interception System (MANTIS) counter-rocket, artillery and mortar defence (C-RAM) system for the first time to Mali, Jane's has learned.
Deployment of MANTIS in the “sense and warn”
US Cyber Command will become a unified combatant command as soon as a commander is confirmed by the US Congress
The White House delayed a decision on splitting command of US Cyber Command and the National Security Agency
US President Donald Trump ordered on 18 August that US Cyber
Progress with a number of aerospace programmes was evident at Taiwan's TADTE exhibition this month
Taiwan's first prototype XAT-5 Blue Magpie advanced jet trainer is on schedule to be rolled out by 2019
Taiwan’s National Chungshan Institute of Science and Technology (NCSIST) said
Japan is to provide military and security aid to neighbouring states worth USD500 million in the three years to 2019, it was announced on 17 August. The funding, which will be offered to countries in the South China Sea including the Philippines and Vietnam, is aimed at boosting maritime security.
The chief of staff of the Iranian Armed Forces visited Turkey on 15–17 August, meeting President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Chief of General Staff General Hulusi Akar, and other senior Turkish officials, marking the highest-level military visit between the two countries since Iran's Islamic
Defence technology and aviation manufacturer Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) reported its financial results for the second quarter of 2017 (Q2 2017) on 17 August. In the three months to 30 June the company made sales of USD859 million, a fall of 2.1% year on year. However, net income rose sharply
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) has entered a partnership with the Bisalloy Steel Group in support of the company's bid to supply its 8x8 Boxer Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle (CRV) to the Australian Army.
RDA said in a press release on 18 August that Bisalloy, which is headquartered in New South
A US Navy guided-missile destroyer has collided with an oil and chemical tanker at the eastern approaches of the Singapore Strait in the South China Sea
Incident is the third mishap to involve an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer in the region since June 2017
The US Navy’s
The US State Department has approved the sale of High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) to Romania under the Foreign Military Sales programme, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency announced on 18 August. The sale, including related support and equipment, is worth USD1.25 billion.
Russia’s Ministry of Defence announced on 18 August that Severodvinsk , the first Project 885 Yasen class nuclear attack submarine (SSGN), successfully completed the submerged test firing of a Kaliber supersonic land attack cruise missile, hitting a target on the Chizh Arctic test range 600 km
The China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) is to sell major stakes in two of its biggest naval shipyards, state-run news in China reported on 19 August.
Citing announcements to the Shanghai Stock Exchange, the reports said CSIC will divest stakes in the Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Company
Argentina is studying options for acquiring an amphibious assault ship – including a second-hand vessel as a stop-gap or locally building a new ship in the mid- to long term, military sources in Buenos Aires told Jane’s .
Argentina’s interest in transferring a second-hand US
Top ranking officers on USS Fitzgerald (DDG 62), which on 17 June collided with a merchant vessel, have been relieved of duty.
“The commanding officer, executive officer, and command master chief of the guided-missile destroyer were relieved of their duties by Vice Admiral Joseph Aucoin,
US Chief of Naval Operations Admiral John Richardson ordered “an operational pause” and a “comprehensive review” following a series of collisions involving US Navy (USN) ships.
“This trend demands more forceful action. As such, I’ve directed an operational pause
The USAF named a pair of leaders for its new A11 space position
This is the service’s effort to boost influence of space in war planning and fight off reforms
The US Air Force (USAF) on 17 August announced the senior civilian and mobilisation assistant for its new Deputy Chief of