- RSS Channel Showcase 9502772
- RSS Channel Showcase 8453645
- RSS Channel Showcase 1728478
- RSS Channel Showcase 6263232
Articles on this Page
- 08/24/17--17:00: _Army-2017: Tractor ...
- 08/24/17--17:00: _Army-2017: Kalashni...
- 08/24/17--17:00: _Army-2017: Kalashni...
- 08/24/17--17:00: _Army-2017: Burkina ...
- 08/24/17--17:00: _Analysis: Saudi tro...
- 08/27/17--17:00: _USN christens Charl...
- 08/27/17--17:00: _USAF plans to boost...
- 08/27/17--17:00: _US recovers bodies ...
- 08/27/17--17:00: _Pentagon still work...
- 08/27/17--17:00: _Budget cuts threate...
- 08/27/17--17:00: _Brazil likely to so...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Nigerian Super Tuca...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Macedonian Army tra...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Lockheed Martin exp...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Lockheed Martin dec...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Japan and UAE consi...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Indian Army to unde...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Indian Army scraps ...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _India issues RFI fo...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _France raises defen...
- 08/24/17--17:00: Army-2017: Tractor Plants boosts BMP-3 anti-tank capability
- 08/24/17--17:00: Army-2017: Kalashnikov unveils BK-16 fast attack craft
- 08/24/17--17:00: Army-2017: Burkina Faso orders two Mi-171Sh helicopters
- 08/24/17--17:00: Analysis: Saudi troops deploy to Aden
- 08/27/17--17:00: USN christens Charleston, a new Independence-variant LCS
- 08/27/17--17:00: USAF plans to boost aircrew incentives to retain pilots
- 08/27/17--17:00: Pentagon still working on new Afghanistan strategy
- 08/27/17--17:00: Brazil likely to soon receive final modernised F-5s
- 08/29/17--17:00: Nigerian Super Tucano package includes laser-guided weapons
- 08/29/17--17:00: Macedonian Army transforms for new tasks
- 08/29/17--17:00: Lockheed Martin expands F-35 support in Australia
- 08/29/17--17:00: Japan and UAE consider defence trade deal
- 08/29/17--17:00: Indian Army to undergo major structural reform
- 08/29/17--17:00: Indian Army scraps LMG tender
- 08/29/17--17:00: India issues RFI for 150 heavyweight torpedoes
- 08/29/17--17:00: France raises defence budget
Tractor Plants has showcased a BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) at Army-2017 with a roof-mounted launcher for two Ataka anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs).
The upgraded BMP-3 has a combat weight of 18.9 tonnes, three crew members, room for eight dismounts, maximum road speed of 70 km/h, and
After the acquisition of the Rybinsk Shipyard, the Kalashnikov Group is diversifying its boat portfolio, which includes the BK-16 fast attack craft (FAC) unveiled at the Army-2017 exhibition.
The BK-16 is intended for offshore operations, troop transport, fire support, counter-piracy and
Russia`s Kalashnikov Group, a subsidiary of the Rostec state corporation, has demonstrated a new electric motorcycle for special operations forces at the Army-2017 international military-technical exhibition held outside Moscow.
The motorcycle is designed for search and reconnaissance missions in
Burkina Faso has signed two agreements covering the delivery of two Mil Mi-171Sh transport helicopters and aviation weapons during Russia's Army-2017 show, Sergey Kornev, the deputy director general of the state arms export agency Rosoboronexport announced on 26 August.
Kornev added that Burkina
Saudi Arabia has made an unannounced deployment of troops to Aden
The southern Yemeni port city has been in the UAE's sphere of influence for the last two years
In a possible reflection of a rift with its main coalition partner the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia has
The US Navy (USN) christened USS Charleston (LCS 18), its newest littoral combat ship (LCS), on 26 August in Mobile, Alabama.
LCS 18, the sixth ship to be named for the city of Charleston, is a 128.5 m long Independence-variant LCS built by Austal USA. The LCS class has two variants; the other is
The United States Air Force (USAF), beginning next fiscal year, plans to increase incentive pay and flight pay for officers and enlisted airmen on flight crews as part of wider efforts to forestall an exodus of trained aviators.
Military leaders including the US Navy and US Marine Corps –
Divers from the US Navy (USN) and US Marine Corps (USMC) have now recovered the remains of all 10 crew members killed in a collision involving the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS John S McCain (DDG 56) and a merchant vessel.
The remains were recovered from aboard the stricken
Despite a public announcement from President Donald Trump that a new Afghanistan strategy had been completed, the Pentagon is still developing plans and mulling troop numbers and fighting tactics, a spokesman said 28 August.
“Secretary of Defense [Jim] Mattis has directed the chairman of the
An economic contraction has imperiled Brazilian military capabilities and upgrades
Brazil may need to re-negotate contracts for some key modernisation programmes
Substantial cuts to the Brazilian military’s budget since 2012 have reduced funding by 44.5% and are degrading the
The Brazilian Air Force (FAB) is scheduled to receive its last two modernised Northrop F-5FM Tiger II fighters between October and November and this would conclude the F-5M programme, the service told Jane's .
An April 2011 contract, worth BRL276 million (USD87 million), called for Embraer to
Nigeria has requested Paveway II and Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) laser-guidance kits for the 12 EMB 314/A-29 Super Tucano turboprop aircraft it is planning to acquire.
The US Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced on 3 August that the US State Department had approved
President Gjorgji Ivanov has called for the budget of the Republic of Macedonia (Armija na Republika Makedonija: ARM) to be increased to at least 2% of the national budget.
Speaking on the 25th anniversary of the formation of the modern ARM on 18 August, Ivanov said: "As a country, we are
Lockheed Martin expands presence at RAAF facilities to support in-coming F-35s
Corporation says it is looking to maximise local involvement in technical, logistics
Lockheed Martin is expanding its presence across Australia preparing to support the Royal Australian Air Force’s
Lockheed Martin said on 30 August it would not protest the US Air Force’s (USAF) contract awards to Northrop Grumman and Boeing for its next-generation Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) programme.
“We will be looking for opportunities to
The Japanese Ministry of Defense (MoD) confirmed to Jane’s on 29 August that it is considering entering a defence co-operation agreement with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) that could support military trade.
The development follows news reports in Japan that the Japanese government has
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has announced a comprehensive structural reform of the 1.2 million-strong Indian Army (IA) over the next 28 months to enhance the service’s combat capability, optimise its resources, and increase its overall efficiency.
According to a 30 August
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has terminated its three-year-old tender to procure 9,462 7.62 mm light machine guns (LMGs) for the Indian Army (IA) for about INR3 billion (USD46.8 million).
Official sources told Jane’s that the contract was scrapped on 9 August 2017 after Israel
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has invited responses by the end of September from at least four overseas manufacturers regarding the supply of 150 heavyweight torpedoes to equip the six Kalvari (Scorpène)-class diesel-electric submarines being licence-built for the Indian Navy (IN).
The French armed forces ministry, as the ministry of defence (MoD) is called under President Emmanuel Macron, announced on 28 August that its budget will be increased by EUR1.8 billion (USD2.2 billion) to EUR34.2 billion in 2018.
This 5% increase is three times the budget increase from 2016 to 2017