- RSS Channel Showcase 9224983
- RSS Channel Showcase 4762164
- RSS Channel Showcase 6622985
- RSS Channel Showcase 2149676
Articles on this Page
- 09/05/17--16:00: _Somali military rec...
- 09/05/17--16:00: _Indian MoD awards H...
- 09/05/17--16:00: _IDF to continue usi...
- 09/05/17--16:00: _Colombia announces ...
- 09/05/17--16:00: _Bosnian Serb presid...
- 09/05/17--17:00: _Japan seeks expande...
- 09/05/17--17:00: _Images show China’s...
- 09/05/17--17:00: _Indian Army Advance...
- 09/05/17--17:00: _GAO has no concerns...
- 09/05/17--18:00: _Thales, Poland to i...
- 09/05/17--18:00: _PLAAF to increasing...
- 09/05/17--19:00: _Iranian air defence...
- 09/06/17--16:00: _US Navy secretary w...
- 09/06/17--16:00: _US Navy secretary t...
- 09/06/17--16:00: _US donates patrol v...
- 09/06/17--16:00: _MDA focused on reli...
- 09/06/17--16:00: _DARPA exploring ‘ar...
- 09/06/17--16:00: _Canada considering ...
- 09/06/17--16:00: _Afghan JTACs have t...
- 09/06/17--17:00: _US weapons exports ...
- 09/05/17--16:00: Somali military receives new vehicles
- 09/05/17--16:00: Indian MoD awards HAL contract for 41 Advanced Light Helicopters
- 09/05/17--16:00: IDF to continue using DJI UAVs despite security concerns
- 09/05/17--16:00: Colombia announces ceasefire with ELN, pursuit of peace deal
- 09/05/17--17:00: Japan seeks expanded industrial engagement with Indonesia and India
- 09/05/17--17:00: Images show China’s J-20 possibly equipped with new engines
- 09/05/17--17:00: Indian Army Advanced Light Helicopter crashes in Ladakh region
- 09/05/17--17:00: GAO has no concerns with proposed Longsword sale to Kenya
- 09/05/17--18:00: Thales, Poland to integrate rocket launchers onto Mi-24s
- 09/05/17--19:00: Iranian air defences using Chinese radar control system
- 09/06/17--16:00: US Navy secretary taps industry to help end rash of collisions
- 09/06/17--16:00: US donates patrol vehicles to Guatemala
- 09/06/17--16:00: DARPA exploring ‘architectural and enterprise level’ disruption
- 09/06/17--16:00: Canada considering second-hand Australian Super Hornets
- 09/06/17--17:00: US weapons exports likely to face delays over staff shortages
The Somali National Army (SNA) released photographs on 3 September showing new tactical vehicles it has received.
One photograph showed at least 12 Chinese-made Shaanxi Baoji Special Vehicles Company Tiger 4x4 light armoured vehicles parked in what appeared to be a secure compound in Somalia. A
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has awarded state-owned aerospace and defence company Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) an INR61 billion (USD951 million) contract for the supply of 41 additional Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters (ALHs) for the country’s armed forces.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) will continue to use commercial DJI unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) despite US military concerns about cyber vulnerabilities, an IDF spokesperson has confirmed to Jane’s .
A senior military source told Jane’s in June that most of the IDF’s combat
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos on 4 September said his government had signed a ceasefire deal with National Liberation Army (Ejército de Liberación Nacional: ELN) guerrilla leaders that could potentially lead to a wider peace agreement.
Santos, speaking in a televised address,
Milorad Dodik, president of the Republic of Srpska (Republika Srpska: RS), one of the two constitutional and legal entities of Bosnia-Herzegovina, has called for a referendum on NATO membership and is blocking funding of a new helicopter.
The call came after the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and
Japan is undertaking efforts to deepen understanding of the defence industrial capabilities of Indonesia and India, with a view to pursuing military technology programmes with the two countries and possible defence trade, Jane's has learnt.
Since late August, Japan's Acquisition, Technology and
Images have emerged on Chinese online forums showing what appears to be China’s J-20 'fifth-generation' fighter aircraft possibly equipped with new turbofan engines.
The images show the engines featuring revised nozzles, possibly for thrust vectoring, which may be used to power a new version
Several Indian Army (IA) personnel, including two generals, survived with only minor injuries the crash of their Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) on 5 September in India’s Himalayan region of Ladakh.
Officials said the IA’s twin-engine ALH, which is built by state-owned
The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) has found nothing untoward in the proposed sale of 12 armed L3 Technologies-Air Tractor AT-802L Longsword intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) and light attack turboprops to Kenya.
In its report to Congress on the proposed USD418 million
French firm Thales announced on 5 September that it had signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with Poland’s Air Force Institute of Technology to integrate air-launched rocket system on the Polish Army’s Mil Mi-24 ‘Hind’ attack helicopters.
The work will see the two organisations
The new commander of China’s People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) Lieutenant General Ding Laihang has said that the service will increasingly focus on long-range missions to realise its goal of becoming a “strategic” airborne unit and protect the country’s
Iran has admitted using a Chinese system in its air defence network
The rare admission may indicate where Iran is getting sub-systems and components for its new radars
The air defence branch of the Iranian military has revealed that it is using the Chinese-made JY-10 radar processing
The USN secretary said the service will need more small surface combatants to help reach 355 ships
The service is looking for cost-effective ways to reaching this goal
US Navy (USN) will need additional small surface combatants if it wants to reach its goal of 355 ships, service
US Navy secretary enlists help from industry in attempt to prevent additional collisions
Seventeen people died in a pair of collisions with merchant vessels in two months
US Navy (USN) Secretary Richard Spencer is tapping industry heavyweights, including Maersk and Boeing, to help the
The Arkansas National Guard donated 32 Jeep J8 vehicles to the Guatemalan military to be utilised by the Xinca Task Force to help combat transnational crimes in the southern part of the country, Guatemala announced on 31 August.
The task force includes 150 personnel from the Guatemalan Police
The US Missile Defense Agency (MDA) is mainly focused on improving current systems, but hopes to invest in future solutions such as directed energy, Rear Admiral Jon Hill, the agency’s deputy director, said during 6 September remarks at a DefenseNews conference.
The MDA must “continue
New decision-making tools, organisational structures, and synthetic biology are high priorities for the US defence officials in charge of identifying and developing innovative capabilities.
Aside from continued work in fields such as genetics, cyber, and others, the US Defense Advanced Research
The Canadian government is considering buying second-hand Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornets from Australia instead of a planned purchase of new aircraft from the company.
Australia had announced it was to retire the aircraft and local media reports suggested the Liberal government was mulling the
US commanders in Afghanistan are pleased with the local forces’ progress towards providing their own air support with newly supplied aircraft.
“We saw great strides in the Afghan Air Force’s [AAF’s] capability to integrate with ground forces in southern Afghanistan,”
The timeframe for obtaining licences to export weapons from the US is likely to increase, according to US State Department and Department of Defense officials speaking on 7 September. Staff shortages are becoming increasingly acute across the US export system.
"Let me just give you a flavour: