- RSS Channel Showcase 1841829
- RSS Channel Showcase 2747592
- RSS Channel Showcase 5808944
- RSS Channel Showcase 5907545
Articles on this Page
- 09/06/17--17:00: _UK mulls procuremen...
- 09/06/17--18:00: _THAAD deployment in...
- 09/06/17--18:00: _South Korea launche...
- 09/06/17--18:00: _Orbital ATK awarded...
- 09/06/17--18:00: _Lockheed Martin to ...
- 09/06/17--18:00: _India must be prepa...
- 09/06/17--18:00: _Image suggests YJ-1...
- 09/07/17--15:00: _MDHI to provide 150...
- 09/07/17--16:00: _MSPO 2017: WB Group...
- 09/07/17--16:00: _MSPO 2017: Poland o...
- 09/07/17--16:00: _MSPO 2017: Borsuk i...
- 09/07/17--16:00: _M1 Abrams tanks pro...
- 09/07/17--16:00: _France to arm MQ-9 ...
- 09/07/17--16:00: _Draft European Parl...
- 09/07/17--17:00: _Team Reaper Austral...
- 09/07/17--17:00: _Syrian troops lift ...
- 09/07/17--17:00: _New shipbuilding st...
- 09/07/17--17:00: _Iraqi F-16 and pilo...
- 09/07/17--17:00: _Indian MoD has scra...
- 09/07/17--17:00: _First flight for Fr...
- 09/06/17--17:00: UK mulls procurement reform and EU programme co-operation
- 09/06/17--18:00: THAAD deployment in South Korea 'completed', says MND
- 09/06/17--18:00: South Korea launches ninth and final KSS-2 attack submarine
- 09/06/17--18:00: Orbital ATK awarded contract for armed ISR aircraft for Afghanistan
- 09/06/17--18:00: Lockheed Martin to help Saudis develop THAAD requirement
- 09/06/17--18:00: India must be prepared for 'two-front war', says IA chief
- 09/06/17--18:00: Image suggests YJ-18 anti-ship missile has entered PLAN service
- 09/07/17--15:00: MDHI to provide 150 MD 530F helos to FMS customers
- 09/07/17--16:00: MSPO 2017: WB Group to deliver Warmate loitering munition to Ukraine
- 09/07/17--16:00: MSPO 2017: Poland orders Grot and Bor rifles
- 09/07/17--16:00: MSPO 2017: Borsuk infantry fighting vehicle makes its debut
- 09/07/17--16:00: M1 Abrams tanks progress towards new enhancement package
- 09/07/17--16:00: France to arm MQ-9 Reaper
- 09/07/17--17:00: Team Reaper Australia expands membership
- 09/07/17--17:00: Syrian troops lift siege of Dayr al-Zawr
- 09/07/17--17:00: New shipbuilding strategy signals shake-up of UK warship procurement
- 09/07/17--17:00: Iraqi F-16 and pilot lost in training accident
- 09/07/17--17:00: Indian MoD has scrapped USD28 billion in tenders since 2014
- 09/07/17--17:00: First flight for French Phénix MRTT
The United Kingdom will look to revise defence procurement regulations following its exit from the European Union (EU) and is nearing the publication of its position on future participation in European defence programmes.
The comments came from UK secretary of state for defence, Sir Michael Fallon,
The temporary deployment of US Army's Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system in South Korea has been completed, according to the Ministry of National Defense (MND) in Seoul.
On 7 September US Forces Korea (USFK) transported the four remaining launchers of the advanced air defence system
South Korean shipbuilder Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) has launched the Republic of Korea Navy's (RoKN's) ninth KSS-2-class (Type 214) diesel-electric attack submarine.
The 1,800-tonne Sin Dol-Seok was launched on 7 September in a ceremony held at the HHI shipyard in Ulsan, according to an RoKN
US company Orbital ATK has been awarded a USD69.4 million contract to provide the Afghan Air Force with an undisclosed number of AC-208 armed intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft.
On 1 September the US Department of Defense (DoD) said the “undefinitised contractual
Lockheed Martin will be awarded a contract to help the Royal Saudi Air Defence Forces (RSADF) develop their Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) requirement, it was announced on 5 September.
The announcement was made via the US Federal Business Opportunities website, which said the US
Indian Army (IA) Chief of Staff General Bipin Rawat has said that his country must be prepared for a simultaneous “two-front war” against neighbouring China and Pakistan.
Speaking at a seminar at the Centre for Land Warfare Studies in New Delhi on 6 September, Gen Rawat said that
China has released the first photograph of its YJ-18 anti-ship missile (ASM) being launched from a People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) Type 052D destroyer: an indication that the ASM has entered service with the fleet.
Published in the Chinese military magazine Modern Ships , the image
The US Department of Defense (DoD) has contracted MD Helicopters Inc (MDHI) to provide 150 of its MD 530F Cayuse Warrior light attack and reconnaissance rotorcraft for allied operators, Jane's learned on 7 September.
The USD1.39-billion contract includes programme management, delivery support,
On 5 September the Polish WB Group signed a contract at MSPO with Ukrainian company SpetsTechnoExport for the delivery of Warmate loitering munition.
The company did not reveal the contract value or the number of loitering munitions ordered.
With a range of 12 km, the system exists in
Poland signed two large small arms contracts at MSPO held in Kielce from 5–8 September.
On 5 September a PLN500 million (USD140 million) deal was signed with Fabryka Broni Lucznik-Radom (FBLR) for 53,000 Grot modular assault rifles for delivery in 2017–20. This is the largest order for
Huta Stalowa Wola (HSW) unveiled a Borsuk tracked infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) variant equipped with a ZSSW-30 remote controlled turret at the International Defence Industry Exhibition MSPO.
The vehicle is being developed under the New Amphibious Infantry Fighting Vehicle programme to replace
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) and the US Army are progressing with two upgrade efforts for M1 Abrams main battle tanks (MBTs), including prototype work towards a new enhancement package.
The company was awarded a contract to design, develop, and integrate “multiple engineering changes
French defence minister Florence Parly has announced that the French Air Force (FAF) will arm its MQ-9 Reaper unmanned aerial system (UAS). The 6 September announcement at the Defence Summer University was a surprise to participants. Since its entry into service in 2014, the Reaper has been
A forthcoming report from the European Parliament’s (EP’s) largest political group says a new policy unit should be created within the European Commission devoted exclusively to defence matters.
The European Union needs “to take its destiny into its own hands” via the
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) has announced an expansion of partners involved in its Team Reaper Australia programme, which is bidding to meet the country’s Project Air 7003 requirement for an armed medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).
The Syrian government announced on 5 September that its troops had lifted the siege of the eastern city of Dayr al-Zawr after breaking through Islamic State lines.
The Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) said government troops made the breakthrough near the 137 Regiment’s base, which is on the
The Royal Navy's Type 31e General Purpose Frigate programme is regarded as the catalyst to an enterprise-wide transformation
The build of a class of up to three new Future Solid Support ships will be subject to international competition
A return to open competition, improved governance
An Iraqi Air Force (IqAF) Lockheed Martin F-16IQ Fighting Falcon combat aircraft was lost in a training accident on 5 September, killing the pilot.
The single-seat fighter crashed while training in the United States with the Arizona Air National Guard’s 162nd Wing, based in Tucson. The US
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has terminated tenders worth nearly USD28 billion since Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s administration assumed office in May 2014, at a period when all three services were struggling to moderinse their ageing assets.
Senior defence officials told
The first of an expected 12 Airbus Defence and Space (DS) A330-200 MultiRole Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft made its maiden flight on 7 September, the company announced.
The aircraft, which is the first of nine to be contracted with three more under option, made its 3 h 25 min maiden flight from