- RSS Channel Showcase 1397896
- RSS Channel Showcase 6560557
- RSS Channel Showcase 6893601
- RSS Channel Showcase 4487610
Articles on this Page
- 09/14/17--01:00: _DSEI 2017: UK risks...
- 09/14/17--01:00: _DSEI 2017: UK looks...
- 09/14/17--01:00: _DSEI 2017: Stiletto...
- 09/14/17--01:00: _DSEI 2017: Italian ...
- 09/14/17--01:00: _Canada’s STREIT Gro...
- 09/14/17--02:00: _Russian MoD unveils...
- 09/14/17--02:00: _DSEI 2017: Leonardo...
- 09/14/17--17:00: _DSEI 2017: UK annou...
- 09/14/17--17:00: _DSEI 2017: BAE Syst...
- 09/14/17--17:00: _Boeing adds Triumph...
- 09/14/17--17:00: _BAE extends mortar ...
- 09/15/17--00:00: _USAF deal with Orbi...
- 09/15/17--00:00: _DSEI 2017: EXPAL in...
- 09/15/17--01:00: _Saudi fighter crash...
- 09/15/17--01:00: _DSEI 2017: Orbital ...
- 09/15/17--01:00: _DSEI 2017: British ...
- 09/15/17--01:00: _Belgian court says ...
- 09/15/17--02:00: _North Korea test-fi...
- 09/15/17--03:00: _Exercise ‘Aurora 17...
- 09/15/17--03:00: _DSEI 2017: India’s ...
- 09/14/17--01:00: DSEI 2017: UK looks to boost indirect-fire capability
- 09/14/17--01:00: DSEI 2017: Stiletto Systems reveals new rifle and ammunition
- 09/14/17--01:00: DSEI 2017: Italian F-35 FACO gains momentum
- 09/14/17--01:00: Canada’s STREIT Group reveals new armoured personnel carrier
- 09/14/17--02:00: Russian MoD unveils T-90M, T-80BVM MBTs
- 09/14/17--02:00: DSEI 2017: Leonardo presses UK to extend unmanned rotorcraft project
- 09/14/17--17:00: DSEI 2017: UK announces GBP2 million R&D competition awards
- 09/14/17--17:00: DSEI 2017: BAE Systems presents new bridging system
- 09/14/17--17:00: Boeing adds Triumph Group as T-X supplier
- 09/14/17--17:00: BAE extends mortar supply chain to Slovak Republic
- 09/15/17--00:00: DSEI 2017: EXPAL increases presence in air, naval spheres
- 09/15/17--01:00: Saudi fighter crashes in Yemen
- 09/15/17--01:00: DSEI 2017: British Army begins strike brigade experiments
- 09/15/17--03:00: DSEI 2017: India’s OFB expects IA order for 700 T-90S tanks in 2018
The UK risks losing influence with the US if its carrier strike capability is not fully developed
The chief of the Royal Navy has reaffirmed the strategic intent to deliver this capability at its full potential
The UK risks losing influence with the United States if it does not deliver
British Army chiefs are urgently looking to boost the capability of their long-range indirect-fire and anti-armour capabilities.
Major General Chris Tickell, head of capability for the British Army, told Jane’s at the DSEI defence exhibition in London on 12 September that he had held a
Ukrainian company Stiletto Systems presented its latest rifle, the STL-016, at the DSEI defence exhibition held in London from 11-15 September, along with a range of associated armour-piercing ammunition.
The STL-016 is a .300 calibre rifle that incorporates a patented rifling designed by Stiletto
Italy’s overhaul facility for F-35 Joint Strike Fighters will receive its first aircraft for depot-level maintenance, an Italian F-35A, in July 2018, according to Lieutenant General Carlo Magrassi, Italy’s secretary general of defence and national armaments director.
Speaking at the Air
The STREIT Group, a Canadian armoured vehicle manufacturer, unveiled a new wheeled armoured personnel carrier, the Gepard, at DSEI in London.
The Gepard can seat up to six passengers along with the driver and commander. depending on configuration, weighs 7.6 tonnes, can carry a 1.5 tonne payload,
Russia's Ministry of Defence (MoD) is preparing the upgraded T-80BVM and T-90M main battle tanks (MBTs) for trials, taking into account the results of the campaign in Syria, according to the head of the MoD's main automotive armoured directorate, GABTU, Lieutenant General Alexander Shevchenko.
“Game changing” benefits could come from the further developing and fielding of unmanned rotorcraft by the UK armed forces, according to the managing director of Leonardo’s UK helicopter operation.
John Ponsonby told the Future of Military Rotorcraft conference at the DSEI event
UK Defence Minister Harriett Baldwin announced the winners of the latest round of the Ministry of Defence’s defence innovation challenge, which focused on unmanned frontline supply systems.
The announcement, made at DSEI 2017 in London, revealed that 25 companies would share contracts worth
During Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) 2017, BAE Systems displayed a model of its new bridging concept, designed to a Military Load Classification (MLC) 100 standard. The new bridges are currently undergoing tests and certification, and they are due to enter a competition in
Boeing said on 15 September that it selected Triumph Group Inc. as a major supplier for its US Air Force (USAF) T-X trainer bid.
If Boeing was to win the competition, Triumph’s aerostructures business unit would supply the wing, vertical tail, and horizontal tail structures, with
UK headquartered defence manufacturer BAE Systems has announced the signing of a contract to produce mortar barrels in the Slovak Republic.
The deal, made with Slovak artillery specialist Konstrukta-Defence, will see the company supply BAE Systems Hägglunds with 84 120-millimetre mortar
A US Air Force contract to Orbital ATK for Afghanistan will include armed Cessnas
The deal for international special mission aircraft is the latest for Orbital ATK
The US Air Force (USAF) contract awarded to Orbital ATK on 1 September for the Afghanistan Air Force includes three Cessna
Spanish munitions manufacturer EXPAL is to target increased opportunities with its air and naval systems, the company has told Jane’s .
In the air domain, the firm has undertaken efforts to improve the integration opportunities for its 70 mm CAT-70 family of rockets on a number of platforms,
A Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) combat aircraft has crashed during operations over Yemen, killing the pilot, the service announced on 14 September.
The undisclosed aircraft type came down in the region of Abyan in southern Yemen due to an unspecified “technical malfunction”, according to
Orbital ATK has revealed it is working on a development beyond its 120 mm Accelerated Precision Mortar Initiative (APMI) to address a requirement to achieve increased precision and range from 120 mm mortars for the US Army.
Building on work that the company has already done with APMI, the new High
Exercises to flesh out the UK’s ‘Strike’ concept of operation got under way in Canada last month, according the commander of the British Army’s new experimentation formation.
Speaking at the DSEI defence exhibition in London on 14 September, Brigadier Zac Stenning, who heads
Belgium’s Court of Appeal ruled on 14 September that Turkey’s Kurdistan Workers’ Party (Partiya Karkerên Kurdistan: PKK) is a belligerent, saying it “cannot be considered” a terrorist group. “The aim of PKK is not to terrorise the population” but to
For the second time in two-and-a-half weeks North Korea has test-fired a ballistic missile, which flew over northern Japan before falling into the Pacific Ocean, further stoking regional tensions.
The missile was launched in a northeasterly direction from a site near Sunan, in the vicinity of
Sweden’s multinational exercise 'Aurora 17' being staged in different phases on 11–29 September is the largest in the country for 23 years and marks a decisive turnaround in Stockholm’s military stance.
The manoeuvres involve approximately 20,000 troops. In addition to non-aligned
India’s state-owned Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) expects to receive an order in early 2018 to licence-build a total of 700 T-90S main battle tanks (MBTs) for the Indian Army (IA) by 2022, R K Khanna, the OFB’s director general, told Jane’s on 15 September at the Defence and