Articles on this Page
- 09/15/17--03:00: _DSEI 2017: Australi...
- 09/15/17--04:00: _DSEI 2017: Lockheed...
- 09/17/17--16:00: _Qatar to buy Eurofi...
- 09/17/17--16:00: _Bharati Defence in ...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _US deploys Gray Eag...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _Russia, China progr...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _Northrop has USD9.2...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _North Korea release...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _New details emerge ...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _India’s DRDO succes...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _Egypt to receive So...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _DRDO completes deve...
- 09/17/17--17:00: _AFA 2017: Secretary...
- 09/18/17--16:00: _PLAN’s new training...
- 09/18/17--16:00: _China, Russia condu...
- 09/18/17--16:00: _Afghans receive fir...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _US National Guard v...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Serbian MiG-21UM tr...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Senate passes 2018 ...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Russia steps up ele...
- 09/17/17--16:00: Qatar to buy Eurofighter Typhoons
- 09/17/17--16:00: Bharati Defence in talks with investors
- 09/17/17--17:00: US deploys Gray Eagle UAS to Mindanao
- 09/17/17--17:00: Russia, China progress AHL helicopter project
- 09/17/17--17:00: Northrop has USD9.2 billion deal for Orbital ATK
- 09/17/17--17:00: North Korea releases images of IRBM launch
- 09/17/17--17:00: New details emerge of Sino-Russian AHL helicopter concept
- 09/17/17--17:00: India’s DRDO successfully tests ‘Trawl’ mine clearance system
- 09/17/17--17:00: Egypt to receive South Korean naval vessel
- 09/17/17--17:00: DRDO completes development trials of Astra BVRAAM
- 09/17/17--17:00: AFA 2017: Secretary Wilson calls for S&T strategy review
- 09/18/17--16:00: PLAN’s new training ship embarks on maiden voyage
- 09/18/17--16:00: Afghans receive first Black Hawk helos
- 09/18/17--17:00: US National Guard values surveillance assets for disaster response
- 09/18/17--17:00: Serbian MiG-21UM trainers take over QRA from grounded MiG-29s
- 09/18/17--17:00: Russia steps up electronic warfare campaign in eastern Ukraine
The Australian Army plans to equip every combat platoon with PD-100 Black Hornet micro-unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and each combat team with RQ-12 Wasp mini-UAVs, the service’s head of land capability has indicated.
The plans were detailed by Major General Kathryn Toohey at the DSEI
The 40 mm Modular Turret from Lockheed Martin UK, designed initially to up-arm the Warrior infantry fighting vehicle (IFV), was displayed at DSEI with a number of new capabilities. While none of the systems shown have been selected by any customers, they demonstrate the potential for upgrading and
Qatar has signed a letter of intent (LOI) for the procurement of Eurofighter Typhoon combat aircraft, the UK government announced on 17 September.
The LOI, which was signed during a meeting in Qatar between defence secretaries Michael Fallon and Khalid bin Mohammed al Attiyah, is for the proposed
Mumbai-based Bharati Defence and Infrastructure (BDIL), formerly Bharati Shipyard, has said it is in talks with investors over a potential sale of the company.
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange on 15 September, BDIL said that news reports in India that the company is discussing the sale with
The United States has deployed the General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc (GA-ASI) MQ-1C Gray Eagle medium-altitude, long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aircraft system (UAS) to the southern Philippine island of Mindanao.
The move is aimed at providing additional surveillance support for the Armed
Russian Helicopters and Chinese rotary-wing specialist Avicopter have finalised the technical parameters of their proposed joint programme to develop an Advanced Heavy Lift (AHL) helicopter, the Russian group announced on 15 September.
Following talks at the China Helicopter Exposition in Tianjin,
Northrop Grumman has reached a deal to buy rocket motor and missile maker Orbital ATK for USD9.2 billion, the company announced on 18 September. The deal, expected to close early in 2018, includes USD7.8 billion in cash along with the assumption of USD1.4 billion in debt.
The move looks to be
North Korea has released images of its 15 September test launch of a Hwaseong-12 (also known as KN-17) intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) that flew over northern Japan.
The missile was launched in a northeasterly direction from a site near the Sunan air base, in the vicinity of Pyongyang,
Chinese rotary-wing specialist Avicopter, a subsidiary of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), unveiled a revised model of its Advanced Heavy Lift (AHL) helicopter concept at the 2017 China Helicopter Exposition, which ran from 14 to 17 September in Tianjin.
Compared to the version
India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has recently conducted trials of the ‘Trawl’ mine clearance system being developed for the Indian Army (IA), according to a 15 September statement by the Indian government’s Press Information Bureau (PIB).
Egypt will receive at least one South Korean naval vessel, the Egyptian Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 15 September.
The MoD said that, during a visit to South Korea to boost bilateral co-operation, Defence Minister Sedki Sobhi had inspected “one of the naval pieces that will be
India’s state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has completed development trials of the Astra beyond-visual range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM).
The final flight tests of the locally developed weapon system were conducted from 11–14 September over the Bay of
USAF secretary calls for year-long review of its S&T strategy
S&T is the foundation of the USAF’s technological innovation
US Air Force (USAF) Secretary Heather Wilson on 18 September called for a broad year-long review and revision of the service’s science and
A new training ship that was commissioned in February 2017 for the People’s Liberation Army Navy’s (PLAN’s) Dalian Naval Academy has set sail for its maiden oceangoing voyage, the PLA-linked China Military Online website reported on 18 September.
The vessel, Qi Jiguang (pennant
China, Russia begin a series of naval drills that have progressively expanded in scope, locations
Drills suggest increasing ability of both navies to interoperate in different mission sets and theatres
The People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) and the Russian Navy have begun a
The Afghan Air Force (AAF) received on 18 September its first batch of Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopters.
The delivery, which was announced on the same day on the Facebook page of the 438th Air Expeditionary Wing (EAW), saw two UH-60s arrive at Kandahar Airfield in southern Afghanistan
The US National Guard – busy this year responding to multiple major hurricanes – prizes surveillance assets to identify citizens in need of rescue, Air Force General Joseph Lengyel, chief of the National Guard Bureau, told reporters during a 19 September Defense Writers Group breakfast
The Republic of Serbia Air Force and Air Defence recently grounded its last operational MiG-29 fighters due to a bird ingestion incident, it was revealed during a session of the security and internal affairs committee of Serbia's National Assembly on 12 September. The nation's quick reaction alert
The US Senate on 18 September passed its version of the fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018) National Defense Authorization Bill, setting up a conference process to reconcile differences in the House’s and Senate’s versions of the defence policy legislation.
House lawmakers on 14 July passed
Ukrainian soldiers have been banned from using GSM cellphones in frontline positions in the Donbas region because of their vulnerability to detection and attack from Russian army electronic warfare units.
According to a senior Ukrainian officer who recently served in the Donbas region, Russian