- RSS Channel Showcase 9429485
- RSS Channel Showcase 4890228
- RSS Channel Showcase 8267893
- RSS Channel Showcase 1508241
Articles on this Page
- 09/20/17--17:00: _UK to gain sovereig...
- 09/20/17--17:00: _UK deploys info man...
- 09/20/17--17:00: _Myanmar Army steps ...
- 09/20/17--17:00: _DSEI 2017: Rheinmet...
- 09/20/17--17:00: _Brazilian Army upda...
- 09/20/17--17:00: _Bolivia eyes Argent...
- 09/20/17--17:00: _Argentine Air Force...
- 09/21/17--16:00: _AFA 2017: ATAC buys...
- 09/21/17--17:00: _US Navy, General Dy...
- 09/21/17--17:00: _South Korea looks t...
- 09/21/17--17:00: _China signs agreeme...
- 09/21/17--17:00: _BAE Systems propose...
- 09/21/17--17:00: _Macedonia and Bulga...
- 09/21/17--17:00: _ITI Limited wins US...
- 09/21/17--18:00: _Saab defends Gripen...
- 09/21/17--18:00: _Puma production is ...
- 09/21/17--18:00: _MDL delivers first ...
- 09/21/17--18:00: _First Egyptian Gowi...
- 09/21/17--19:00: _DSACEUR announces s...
- 09/24/17--17:00: _Senior Russian mili...
- 09/20/17--17:00: UK to gain sovereign upgrade capability with Protector
- 09/20/17--17:00: UK deploys info manoeuvre teams on first exercise
- 09/20/17--17:00: Myanmar Army steps up troop deployment in Rakhine State
- 09/20/17--17:00: DSEI 2017: Rheinmetall outlines approach to air defence against UAVs
- 09/20/17--17:00: Brazilian Army updates its 'strategic plan'
- 09/20/17--17:00: Bolivia eyes Argentine IA-63 Pampa III light strike jets
- 09/20/17--17:00: Argentine Air Force buying liaison aircraft
- 09/21/17--17:00: US Navy, General Dynamics Electric Boat ink USD5.1 billion SSBN deal
- 09/21/17--17:00: South Korea looks to secure K9 deal in Czech Republic
- 09/21/17--17:00: China signs agreements to boost procurement transparency
- 09/21/17--17:00: BAE Systems proposes ‘digital shipyard’ for Australia
- 09/21/17--17:00: Macedonia and Bulgaria intensify military co-operation
- 09/21/17--17:00: ITI Limited wins USD1 billion tender for Phase IV of ASCON programme
- 09/21/17--18:00: Saab defends Gripen in Bulgaria, waits on Slovakia
- 09/21/17--18:00: Puma production is revved up
- 09/21/17--18:00: MDL delivers first of six Scorpène-class submarines to Indian Navy
- 09/21/17--18:00: First Egyptian Gowind corvette handed over
- 09/24/17--17:00: Senior Russian military adviser dies in Syria
A sovereign upgrade capability for the Royal Air Force's (RAF's) new Protector unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is a vital part of the project to renew the service's fleet of unmanned systems.
Speaking exclusively to Jane’s , Dave Alexander, president of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
An integrated British Army information manoeuvre team has deployed on its first major exercise to support troops training in Canada in future warfare concepts.
The team, which brings together cyber, electronic warfare, media, civil affairs, intelligence and military communications specialists, is a
The Myanmar Army has deployed thousands of troops to the country’s western Rakhine state as it steps up counter-insurgency efforts there.
Nearly 40 battalions drawn from a range of local and regional commands as well as of the army’s mobile reserve have been moved to the restive region
Rheinmetall Defence has outlined its approach to countering the oft-neglected threat from low-flying unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Speaking to Jane’s at the Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) 2017 defence exhibition, held in London from 11 to 15 September, Fabian Ochsner,
The Brazilian Army has released a new review of its Army Strategic Plan 2016-19. The update was driven by Brazil’s economic retraction and made several changes to the previous plan that was approved in December 2015.
Updates include establishing a new doctrine to be implemented through the
The Bolivian government is considering buying light strike aircraft, riverine vessels, and more from Argentina, military sources in Buenos Aires told Jane's .
Bolivia's main interest is buying between 8 and 12 IA-63 Pampa III light strike aircraft, to be built at Argentina's Fábrica Argentina
The Argentine Air Force is finalising a deal to buy eight liaison aircraft, after Ministry of Defence approval, to begin replacing its fleet of ageing locally built Cessna 182 and Piper Seneca aircraft.
The replacements are being purchased through the International Civil Aviation Organization and
ATAC buys French F1 aircraft in preparation for US Air Force Adversary Air competition
The USAF could spend billions of dollars acquiring this capability
Virginia-based Airborne Tactical Advantage Company (ATAC) has bought 61 French Dassault F1 multirole fighter aircraft to offer for a
On 21 September General Dynamics Electric Boat (GDEB) was awarded a USD5.1-billion contract by the Pentagon to complete designs for the lead Columbia-class ballistic missile submarine (SSBN).
Ultimately 12 Columbia-class boats are planned to replace 14 ageing Ohio-class SSBNs. The Ohio class is to
South Korea and the Czech Republic have agreed to expand defence trade and industrial ties, the ministry of foreign affairs in Seoul announced on 21 September.
According to the ministry, the two countries will soon hold talks on defence industrial collaboration and seek to advance discussions in
The Equipment Development Department (EDD) of China’s Central Military Commission (CMC) has signed procurement agreements with a host of national agencies as part of continuing efforts to boost transparency in military acquisitions.
State-run Xinhua news service reported on 19 September that
BAE Systems Australia has outlined a plan to invest AUD100 million (USD80 million) in a new “digital shipyard” in Adelaide, South Australia, if it is selected to build Future Frigates for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN), the company said in a statement on 21 September.
Macedonia and Bulgaria will intensify defence co-operation under the friendship treaty the two countries signed on 1 August, Macedonian Defence Minister Radmila Shekerinska and her Bulgarian counterpart, Krasimir Karakachanov, agreed in Skopje on 18 September.
Under the intensified co-operation,
Indian state-owned telecom company ITI Limited has won the USD1 billion tender for Phase IV of the Army Static Switched Communication Network (ASCON) programme, which is aimed at deploying and maintaining the Indian Army’s (IA’s) strategic communication network across the country.
Saab has defended the suitability of its Gripen C/D for meeting Bulgaria’s future fighter needs after the country’s prime minister reportedly expressed doubts that the aircraft represents the best choice, while the Swedish firm separately awaits notification from the Slovakian government
Rheinmetall and Krauss Maffei Wegmann (KMW) are producing the Puma infantry fighting vehicle as part of their Projekt System & Management (PSM) consortium.
Rheinmetall gave a rare glimpse of its Puma production line in Unterlüss, northern Germany, on 18 September. Jean-Daniel Schaffner,
India's Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) has delivered the first of six licence-built Scorpène-class diesel-electric submarines to the Indian Navy (IN).
Named Kalvari , the 66 m-long boat was handed over to the service on 21 September, and is set to be commissioned “soon”,
French shipbuilder Naval Group (formerly DCNS) handed over the first of four Gowind 2500 corvettes to Egypt in Lorient on 22 September.
“Delivered just 36 months after the order was placed, the corvette ENS El-Fateh will take to the seas on 23 September to sail to its home port in
NATO Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe (DSACEUR) General James Everard on 20 September announced the next steps in strengthening NATO Baltic and Poland-based battlegroups with air and naval forces.
The announcement came during a two-day visit to Estonia and meetings with the commander of
Russia’s Ministry of Defence reported on 24 September the death of one of its top advisers, Lieutenant General Valery Asapov in Syria.
Lt Gen Asapov was mortally wounded in a mortar bombardment while directing Syrian government artillery from a frontline command post in an operation to drive