- RSS Channel Showcase 2686727
- RSS Channel Showcase 3189898
- RSS Channel Showcase 7914721
- RSS Channel Showcase 4129010
Articles on this Page
- 09/24/17--17:00: _Italian Typhoon cra...
- 09/24/17--17:00: _Israeli cyber defen...
- 09/24/17--18:00: _USAF bombers, fight...
- 09/25/17--16:00: _Spain approves Defe...
- 09/25/17--16:00: _Saudi air defences ...
- 09/25/17--16:00: _Germany, Norway sig...
- 09/25/17--16:00: _EDA to soon evaluat...
- 09/25/17--16:00: _COTECMAR eyes new C...
- 09/25/17--16:00: _Colombian Navy frig...
- 09/25/17--16:00: _Australia commissio...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Ukraine upgrades An...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Ugandan AMISOM cont...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Russia airlifts bri...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _North Korea accuses...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Japan looks to expa...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Italy retires sole ...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Indian Navy commiss...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Images show possibl...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _France to buy third...
- 09/25/17--17:00: _Argentine Navy eyes...
- 09/24/17--17:00: Italian Typhoon crashes at air show
- 09/24/17--17:00: Israeli cyber defence branch declared operational
- 09/25/17--16:00: Spain approves Defex closure
- 09/25/17--16:00: Saudi air defences intercept another Yemeni ballistic missile
- 09/25/17--16:00: Germany, Norway sign for five NATO-owned MRTT tanker-transports
- 09/25/17--16:00: COTECMAR eyes new Colombian Navy OPV contract
- 09/25/17--16:00: Colombian Navy frigate tender expected by 2020
- 09/25/17--16:00: Australia commissions first Hobart-class air warfare destroyer
- 09/25/17--17:00: Ukraine upgrades An-32 transport for BAF
- 09/25/17--17:00: Ugandan AMISOM contingent receives Bastion APCs
- 09/25/17--17:00: Russia airlifts bridging equipment to Syria
- 09/25/17--17:00: North Korea accuses Trump of 'declaring war'
- 09/25/17--17:00: Japan looks to expand military R&D with the US
- 09/25/17--17:00: Italy retires sole remaining Atlantic 1 fleet
- 09/25/17--17:00: France to buy third PLG for French Guiana
- 09/25/17--17:00: Argentine Navy eyes US surplus P-3Cs
An Italian Air Force (AMI) Eurofighter Typhoon combat aircraft crashed during an air display on 24 September, killing the pilot.
The single-seat aircraft came down into the sea south of Rome after it failed to recover from a high-speed dive. The pilot seemingly did not attempt to eject, and his
The Israel Defense Forces’ (IDF’s) C4i and Cyber Defense Branch declared initial operational capacity in early September, the commander in charge of designing the military's cyber defences has told Jane's .
The move is part of a wider restructuring of the IDF’s cyber operations
The US Air Force (USAF) flew Boeing (Rockwell) B-1B Lancer strategic bombers from Guam and F-15C Eagle fighter escorts from Okinawa, Japan, over waters east of North Korea on 23 September to demonstrate the “many military options” the US president has “to defeat any threat",
The Spanish cabinet has approved the dissolution of defence exports promotional body Defex, which has been the subject of judicial investigations for the past three years over the payment of multi-million-dollar kickbacks on orders.
The national government holds a majority 51% stake in the body
The Royal Saudi Air Defence Forces (RSADF) intercepted a ballistic missile fired from Yemen at the southern city of Khamis Mushayt on 23 September, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported the following day.
The SPA cited Colonel Turki al-Maliki, spokesperson for the Saudi-led coalition, as
Germany and Norway have placed a firm order for five Airbus Defense and Space (DS) A330 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft to be fielded under the auspices of the European/NATO Multinational Multi Role Tanker Transport Fleet (MMF).
The announcement by Airbus DS on 25 September came some
Europe’s defence research community will soon submit bids to a European Defence Agency (EDA) call for work to validate a generic open architecture for dismounted soldier systems, with the resulting technical details to be conveyed to the alliance for integration into four of its
The Colombian Navy (ARC) and state-run Science and Technology Corporation for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industries (COTECMAR) could sign a construction contract around 2020 for three locally designed ocean patrol vessels (OPVs).
Design work for the new OPV-90 Mk II
The Colombian Navy in the next several years expects to issue an international tender to design frigates that can replace its Almirante Padilla-class.
The navy's Strategic Surface Platform (Plataforma Estratégica de Superficie: PES) expects to have Colombia’s state-run Science and
The first of three 7,000-tonne Hobart-class air warfare destroyers (AWDs) was formally inducted into the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) on 23 September and is expected to be ready for operational tasking in late 2018.
Attending the commissioning ceremony of HMAS Hobart held at Fleet Base East in
Ukraine’s SE PLANT 410 CA aircraft repair company has overhauled and upgraded one of the three Antonov An-32 'Cline' turboprop transport aircraft in service with the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF).
The aircraft, which had arrived at the plant earlier this month, was handed over to the BAF on 25
The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) announced on 25 September that its Ugandan contingent had received 19 new combat vehicles from the United States and released photographs showing ACMAT Bastion armoured personnel carriers (APCs) branded as Mack products.
The handover came exactly two
Russia has airlifted PMM-2M self-propelled ferry to Syria in an effort to assist government troops to capture the eastern bank of the Euphrates valley from Islamic State militants.
Two of the tracked PMM-2M vehicles were filmed being unloaded from a Russian Aerospace Forces Antonov An-124-100
North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho has accused US President Donald Trump of declaring war on his country and warned that the government in Pyongyang reserves the right to shoot down US bombers flying in the vicinity of North Korea.
“Trump claimed our leadership would not be around much
Japan is looking to expand its military research and development (R&D) ties with the United States as part of continuing efforts to boost indigenous capability and strengthen the strategic partnership between the two countries.
A spokesperson from the Japanese Ministry of Defense’s
The Italian Air Force has retired the Dassault (Breguet) Atlantic 1 maritime patrol aircraft (MPA): its longest-serving platform, having recorded more than 450,000 flight hours.
The four-strong Atlantic fleet was retired at a ceremony at Sigonella Naval Air Station, Sicily, on 21 September attended
The Indian Navy (IN) has commissioned its fourth improved Car Nicobar-class patrol vessel, according to a statement by the Indian government’s Press Information Bureau (PIB).
Named INS Tarasa (T 94), the 48.9 m-long ship entered service on 26 September in a ceremony presided over by Vice
Images have emerged on Chinese online forums showing what could be a submarine-launched variant of the YJ-18 anti-ship cruise missile.
The low-resolution images show a missile displayed on presentation slides believed to have been used for a university lecture given by former Rear Admiral Zhao
In the wake of Hurricane Irma in the French Antilles, the French Ministry of Defence has announced that a third French Guianese Light Patrol Boat (Patrouilleur Léger Guyanais: PLG) will be ordered within the coming weeks, with delivery expected as soon as 2019.
The vessel will be based in the
A technical delegation from the Argentine Navy visited the United States at the end of September to inspect and select two Lockheed Martin P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft (MPAs) soon to be become surplus to the US Navy (USN) for potential procurement, military sources in Buenos Aires have told