- RSS Channel Showcase 2674391
- RSS Channel Showcase 9787160
- RSS Channel Showcase 1560328
- RSS Channel Showcase 4527614
Articles on this Page
- 09/27/17--17:00: _Rheinmetall secures...
- 09/27/17--17:00: _Iran releases Khorr...
- 09/27/17--17:00: _India’s DAC approve...
- 09/27/17--17:00: _EU extends sanction...
- 09/27/17--17:00: _CIAC and Colombian ...
- 09/27/17--17:00: _China still struggl...
- 09/27/17--17:00: _Canadian Surface Co...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _US to provide 6,576...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _Reaper operations r...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _Poland issues tende...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _NATO gleans prelimi...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _Fallon warns Boeing...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _EU launches first e...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _Colombian Navy adds...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _BAE Systems progres...
- 09/27/17--18:00: _Aero offers L-159 u...
- 09/28/17--15:00: _Colombia working to...
- 09/28/17--17:00: _UK receives final A...
- 09/28/17--17:00: _UAE looks to increa...
- 09/28/17--17:00: _Spanish MoD increas...
- 09/27/17--17:00: Iran releases Khorramshahr missile test video
- 09/27/17--17:00: CIAC and Colombian Air Force relegate IRIS UAV to a test asset
- 09/27/17--17:00: China still struggling with civil-military integration issues
- 09/27/17--17:00: Canadian Surface Combatant bid deadline extended to November
- 09/27/17--18:00: Reaper operations ramp up in France
- 09/27/17--18:00: Poland issues tender for Bergepanzer 2 upgrade
- 09/27/17--18:00: Fallon warns Boeing of "jeopardised" relationship
- 09/27/17--18:00: Colombian Navy adds Antarctic missions to new simulator system
- 09/27/17--18:00: BAE Systems progresses Project Centurion with Brimstone milestone
- 09/27/17--18:00: Aero offers L-159 upgrade
- 09/28/17--15:00: Colombia working to sell its new Cordova pistol in North America
- 09/28/17--17:00: UK receives final Airseeker
- 09/28/17--17:00: Spanish MoD increases use of open tenders
Rheinmetall has been awarded EUR118 million for work to upgrade 104 German Leopard 2 MBTs to the latest Leopard 2A7V configuration
The 68 Leopard 2A4s to be upgraded will receive the latest L55A1 120 mm smoothbore main gun
Rheinmetall has been awarded a EUR118 million (USD140 million)
Iran has confirmed its new Khorramshahr ballistic missile was tested on 29 January
Video of the test appears to show that–contrary to US claims–it was successful
Iranian state television confirmed that a Khorramshahr ballistic missile was test launched on 29 January when it
India’s Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved the procurement of upgraded sonars for Indian Navy (IN) destroyers and frigates for INR2 billion (USD30 million).
The sonars, which have been designed, developed, and manufactured by the state-owned Defence Research and Development
The EU has extended its sanctions against Libyan officials accused of obstructing the country’s December 2015 peace process and the resulting Government of National Accord.
Pointing to the “continuing instability and gravity of the situation in Libya”, the EU Council announced on
Colombian Aviation Industry Corporation (Corporación de la Industria Aeronáutica Colombiana: CIAC) and the Colombian Air Force plan to use their locally developed IRIS unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) prototype as a sort of research system and not take it into production.
China’s programme of ‘civil-military integration’ is showing no sign of progress, according to Western observers
The notion that innovation in defence can be migrated to the commercial sphere to drive technology levels in the nation’s economy may well be
The Canadian government has again delayed a deadline for bidders to submit proposals for the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) programme, and industry now has until 17 November to respond.
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) on 22 September confirmed that the 17 November date was decided
AM General has been awarded a USD45.9 million Foreign Military Sale (FMS) contract by the US Army for the procurement of 6,576 capability expansion kits for M1151A1B1 Humvees for the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF), the US Department of Defense (DoD) announced on 27 September.
A French MQ-9 has taken part in 'Serpentex 2017': a JTAC exercise hosted by France in Corsica
The MQ-9's participation marks the French Reaper fleet's first real domestically based operation
The sole French General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc (GA-ASI) MQ-9 Reaper based in France
Poland has issued a tender to upgrade part of its fleet of 28 Bergepanzer 2 armoured recovery vehicles (ARVs).
The Polish Land Forces plan to upgrade eight Bergepanzer 2s to the WZT-BPz (PL) standard in 2018–22, with an option to modernise another 20 ARVs in the same period or after 2022.
With the conclusion of Russia's 'Zapad 2017' exercise, NATO officials are reviewing what can be learnt from it regarding Russian strategy and tactics
There were more interesting things to be gleaned beyond a pre-occupation with the number of troops involved in the exercise
UK Secretary of State for Defense Sir Michael Fallon has warned Boeing that a trade dispute with Bombardier that has threatened jobs in Northern Ireland could “jeopardise our future relationship” with the US company.
Fallon’s comments came as UK Prime Minister Theresa May
The EU’s first crisis-response exercise for cyber and hybrid threats – dubbed ‘PACE17’ – was launched on 28 September.
Based on a scenario affecting both the EU and national governments, it will test the EU’s situational awareness, counter-cyber threat response,
The Colombian Navy is updating its navigation simulator to include missions such as Antarctic exploration, according to Captain John Gutierrez Maya, director of Centro de Investigacion, Desarrollo e Innovacion para Actividades Maritimas (CIDIAM).
CIDIAM, among other training programmes, operates
BAE Systems has completed a major milestone in its efforts to roll out the Project Centurion configuration for the United Kingdom’s Eurofighter Typhoon force by the end of 2018.
Speaking to Jane’s on 28 September, Eurofighter Delivery Director Andy Flynn said the summer flight test
Aero Vodochody Aerospace announced details of a comprehensive L-159 upgrade during its recent L-39 User Group conference.
According to Massimo Ghione, Chief Business Officer, the mid-life upgrade on offer to the Czech Air Force (CzAF) would cover a new ‘fourth generation-plus’ avionics
Colombia’s Military Industry (Industria Militar: INDUMIL) is negotiating to sell its new 9 mm Cordova pistol, the first such weapon fully designed in Colombia, to North American customers as it nears completion of local orders.
The state-run INDUMIL began design and development of the Cordova
The UK Royal Air Force (RAF) has received into service the third and final L3 Technologies RC-135V/W Airseeker (Rivet Joint) intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, the company announced on 28 September.
The aircraft (ZZ666) is understood to have arrived at its homebase of
Industrial priorities are likely to form the basis for future economic development plans
Focus is on high technology and changes to Emiratisation programme as part of efforts to position the country to be a major competitor in the global marketplace
The United Arab Emirates (UAE)
There has been a marked turnaround in transparency in how the Spanish Ministry of Defence (MoD) awards contracts, according to a report from a leading national market analyst.
It resulted in the number of open bidding contracts agreed in 2016 overtaking the level of restricted ones for the first