- RSS Channel Showcase 4510435
- RSS Channel Showcase 8035082
- RSS Channel Showcase 8549165
- RSS Channel Showcase 2636503
Articles on this Page
- 10/01/17--18:00: _China launches thre...
- 10/02/17--15:00: _Argentine Air Force...
- 10/02/17--16:00: _Pacific 2017: Rafae...
- 10/02/17--17:00: _US Navy Goshawk jet...
- 10/02/17--17:00: _Royal Thai Army set...
- 10/02/17--17:00: _Royal Netherlands M...
- 10/02/17--17:00: _Pacific 2017: Austr...
- 10/02/17--17:00: _CAE USA plans Dotha...
- 10/02/17--17:00: _Australian SDB II r...
- 10/02/17--18:00: _Sri Lanka hosts its...
- 10/02/17--18:00: _Pakistan offers to ...
- 10/02/17--18:00: _EU gears up to boos...
- 10/02/17--18:00: _Chinese rescue subm...
- 10/02/17--18:00: _Australia selects A...
- 10/03/17--15:00: _Thales Air Systems ...
- 10/03/17--16:00: _Pacific 2017: Naval...
- 10/03/17--16:00: _Argentina to buy Su...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _US Army to begin fi...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _UK defence secretar...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _Togolese Gazelle pr...
- 10/01/17--18:00: China launches three more Yaogan satellites
- 10/02/17--15:00: Argentine Air Force receives Texan IIs
- 10/02/17--16:00: Pacific 2017: Rafael launches Typhoon Mk-30c naval gun system
- 10/02/17--17:00: US Navy Goshawk jet crashes, crew killed
- 10/02/17--17:00: Royal Thai Army set to take delivery of VT4s
- 10/02/17--17:00: Royal Netherlands Marines co-operate with German Sea Battalion
- 10/02/17--17:00: CAE USA plans Dothan Training Center expansion
- 10/02/17--17:00: Australian SDB II request for F-35As approved
- 10/02/17--18:00: Sri Lanka hosts its first CARAT exercise
- 10/02/17--18:00: Pakistan offers to train Afghan security forces
- 10/02/17--18:00: EU gears up to boost cyber defences and co-operation with NATO
- 10/03/17--15:00: Thales Air Systems breaks ground for Bolivia's SINDACTA radar sites
- 10/03/17--16:00: Argentina to buy Super Etendard Modernisé aircraft
- 10/03/17--17:00: US Army to begin fielding new Sig Sauer M17 handguns next month
- 10/03/17--17:00: UK defence secretary wants to grow budget above NATO 2% GDP target
- 10/03/17--17:00: Togolese Gazelle procurement set to move forward
China launched a Long March 2C rocket from the Xichang space centre in Sichuan Province on 29 September that placed three satellites into low Earth orbit. Local media reports identified these as Yaogan 30-01 satellites designed to “conduct electromagnetic probes and other experiments”.
The Argentine Air Force on 2 October received its first four Beechcraft T-6C+ Texan II aircraft at the Military Aviation School facilities in Cordoba, following a ferry flight from Beechcraft’s factory at Wichita in Kansas.
The aircraft are the first batch from an order of 12 under a USD160.4
Rafael has officially launched the next generation of its Typhoon range of naval weapon systems
Product is positioned as a compact weapon system with improved accuracy and stabilisation, and lowest sustainability costs in its class
Israeli company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
A US Navy (USN) Boeing T-45 Goshawk jet trainer aircraft crashed on 2 October, killing both crew members.
The incident, which involved an aircraft from Training Air Wing 1 based at Naval Air Station (NAS) Meridian in Mississippi, is currently being investigated by the service. No further details
The Royal Thai Army (RTA) is preparing to take delivery of the first batch of 28 VT4 main battle tanks (MBT) from China, 18 months after agreeing to acquire the platforms for THB4.9 billion (USD147 million).
Thai defence ministry officials confirmed to Jane’s on 2 October that the VT4 MBTs
The Royal Netherlands Marine Corps (RNMC) and the German Navy's Sea Battalion have reached the initial operational capability (IOC) to co-operate in certain areas and be deployed together, the German Navy has announced. The IOC was declared at the end of the two-week Exercise 'Northern Coasts 2017'
The Royal Australian Navy will deploy its Schiebel S-100 Camcopters for trials and evaluations within a test unit
The system will fill the service’s knowledge gap between fixed-wing and rotary-winged UAVs
The Royal Australian Navy (RAN) will deploy its fleet of two Schiebel S-100
CAE USA plans to expand its recently opened Dothan Training Center
CAE USA anticipates demand growth for company-owned and operated flight training solutions
CAE USA plans to expand its Dothan Training Center (DTC) in southeast Alabama, which just opened in March, company president and
An Australian request to purchase Raytheon GBU-53/B Small Diameter Bomb Increment IIs (SDB IIs) for its fleet of Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike Fighters has been approved by the US State Department.
The approval, which was announced by the US Defense Security and Cooperation Agency
Sri Lanka is hosting its first Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) exercise, which began with the arrival of US Navy elements at the country’s naval base in Trincomalee on 1 October, according to a statement by the Commander of the US Pacific Fleet.
Called ‘CARAT Sri
Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa has said that his country is willing to help train the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF).
During a 1 October visit to Kabul, Gen Bajwa offered “Pakistan’s complete support in achieving shared
The EU is preparing to shift Europe’s defences against cyber and hybrid threats to a new level via policy and technical initiatives that, it hopes, will boost co-ordination of response among national capitals and expand EU-NATO co-operation in the domain, according to EU and national
The second phase of the ‘Joint Sea 2017’ Sino-Russian exercise conducted the first underwater mating of a People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) rescue vehicle with a submarine from a foreign navy.
During the exercise, which took place from 18 to 22 September in the Sea of Okhotsk
The nine Future Frigates to be acquired by the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) will be equipped with Lockheed Martin’s Aegis combat management system (CMS), Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced on 3 October.
Opening the Pacific 2017 maritime exposition and conference in Sydney, Turnbull said
Thales Air Systems, contracted to develop Bolivia’s SINDACTA (Sistema Integrado de Defensa Aérea y Control del Tráfico Aéreo) radar system, started constructing its first radar sites in late September at El Alto International Airport in La Paz and Viru Viru International Airport
Australia’s SEA 1000 programme is on track and progressing well, and the country will not be faced with a submarine ‘capability gap’, said French shipbuilder Naval Group on 4 October.
The company was responding to questions over an independent report led by former head of the
Argentina’s Ministry of Defence gave final approval for the navy to buy five Dassault Super Etendard Modernisé combat aircraft from France, Argentine Minister of Defence Oscar Aguad confirmed on 2 October.
The sale’s details were already negotiated so the aircraft are expected to
The US Army in November expects to field its first M17 Modular Handgun System (MHS) sidearms to the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, which is to receive about 2,000 of the pistols.
Fielding will be done following “a conditional material release for the MHS”, the army
UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon is to push the country’s finance minister to increase defence spending above the NATO 2% gross domestic product (GDP) target.
Speaking to a fringe event at the Conservative Party Conference in Manchester on 3 October, Fallon said the pitch would be made as
The freeze on Togo’s procurement of five former French Army Aviation Aérospatiale SA342 Gazelle helicopters is being reconsidered, an industry source with knowledge of the deal told Jane’s on 27 September.
The source said the new French government of President Emmanuel Macron is