- RSS Channel Showcase 7811546
- RSS Channel Showcase 8889816
- RSS Channel Showcase 2587204
- RSS Channel Showcase 3098456
Articles on this Page
- 10/03/17--17:00: _New Dutch defence m...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _MBDA builds on Aust...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _Mattis reveals new ...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _Major repairs neede...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _Leonardo opens faci...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _Larsen & Toubro acq...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _German special forc...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _Bangladesh to acqui...
- 10/03/17--17:00: _ASC, Babcock extend...
- 10/03/17--18:00: _Russia upgrades BMP...
- 10/03/17--18:00: _Italy to gift rifle...
- 10/03/17--18:00: _India's nuclear-pow...
- 10/03/17--18:00: _CEA Technologies to...
- 10/03/17--18:00: _All Afghan military...
- 10/04/17--16:00: _US Navy targets col...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _US Reaper shot down...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _Turkish coup plot t...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _RAF Sentinel radar ...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _Philippines receive...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _New Turkish trainin...
- 10/03/17--17:00: New Dutch defence minister named
- 10/03/17--17:00: MBDA builds on Australian MMP partnerships
- 10/03/17--17:00: Major repairs needed for Ascension Island runway
- 10/03/17--17:00: Leonardo opens facility in Western Australia
- 10/03/17--17:00: Larsen & Toubro acquires Airbus stake in Indian joint venture
- 10/03/17--17:00: German special forces receive RGW 90
- 10/03/17--17:00: Bangladesh to acquire 155 mm howitzers
- 10/03/17--17:00: ASC, Babcock extend partnership on RAN submarines
- 10/03/17--18:00: Russia upgrades BMP-2 and BMD-2 IFVs
- 10/03/17--18:00: Italy to gift rifles to Albania
- 10/03/17--18:00: India's nuclear-powered submarine damaged in accident, says report
- 10/04/17--17:00: US Reaper shot down over Sanaa
- 10/04/17--17:00: RAF Sentinel radar surveillance jets keep watch over Zapad
- 10/04/17--17:00: Philippines receives 3,000 more rifles from China
- 10/04/17--17:00: New Turkish training base in Somalia inaugurated
Secretary of State for Safety and Justice Klaas Dijkhoff has been named new defence minister of the Netherlands following the resignation of his predecessor and the chief of defence staff over the death of Dutch soldiers in Mali in 2016. Dijkhoff was sworn in by King Willem-Alexander on 4 October
MBDA announced the signings of a further five Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Australian companies as part of its bid for the Missile Moyen Portee (MMP) system anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) component of the Australian Army’s LAND 400 Ph 2 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle (CRV) programme.
US troops operating in Afghanistan are now freer to strike Taliban and insurgent targets, as they no longer must be within a certain enemy ‘proximity’ before engaging, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis told Congress on 3 October.
Previous rules of engagement and operating principles
A major project to repair the runway at Wideawake Airfield will not start until late next year after a temporary patch-up effort earlier this year failed to fix damage caused by intense usage by heavy aircraft heading to the Falkland Islands.
Speaking at the Conservative Party Conference in
Leonardo has opened a new industrial facility in Western Australia through its in-country subsidiary Selex ES Australia Pty Ltd, it was announced on 3 October.
The group said the new facility – located in Rockingham, South of Perth – will be focused on providing engineering,
Indian group Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has acquired Airbus’ stake in a defence joint venture (JV) the two companies established in 2011.
L&T said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange that the 26% stake in the JV, named L&T Cassidian Ltd (LTCL), was acquired with cash for just
Dynamit Nobel Dynamics (DND) officially handed the Recoilles Grenade Weapon (RGW) 90 to the Bundeswehr in September.
The 90 mm shoulder-fired weapon, with a range of 20-1,200 m, was developed on the initiative of the German Army's Kommando Spezialkräfte (Special Forces Command) and the navy's
Bangladesh’s military procurement agency, the Directorate General Defence Purchases (DGDP), has issued a notice to foreign vendors to submit bids in support of a programme to procure artillery for the Bangladesh Army.
The notice was issued by the DGDP in late September and outlines a
Australian naval shipbuilder ASC has signed an agreement with Babcock International to support the Royal Australian Navy’s (RAN’s) Collins-class submarines, it was announced on 4 October.
Under the goods and services agreement (GSA), ASC said it will collaborate with Babcock to supply
Russia’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a 10-year contract with Tula-based Instrument Design Bureau (KBP), a subsidiary of Rostec’s High-Precision Weapons holding, for the delivery of 540 upgraded BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs) and BMD-2 airborne IFVs, according to Deputy
By the end of the year, Italy will donate to Albania 5,000 Berreta AR70/90 5.56x45 mm rifles and two Iveco VTLM Lince 4x4 light multirole vehicles in the basic version.
With Albania’s strategic importance for Italy in the Balkan-Mediterranean regional context, the goal of the donation is to
The Indian Navy’s (IN’s) only nuclear-powered attack submarine (SSN) has been damaged in an accident and could require “substantial repair work” to render it operational again, The Print news website reported on 3 October.
The outlet quoted unnamed sources as saying the
Australian company CEA Technologies has been awarded an AUD148 million (USD116.2 million) contract to provide a new air search radar, known as the CEAFAR2-L, for the Royal Australian Navy’s (RAN’s) fleet of Anzac-class frigates.
Minister for Defence Industry Christopher Pyne said in a 4
US Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis has said that all six Afghan military corps are engaged in offensive operations for the first time in the 16 year-old conflict in Afghanistan, adding that they are suffering fewer casualties than in 2016.
Speaking to the US Senate Armed Services Committee on 3
The US Navy hopes warming a valve will improve oxygen supply issues on Super Hornet, Growler aircraft
The service has struggled with pilots in these aircraft suffering from physiological issues
The US Navy (USN) is targeting a faulty valve as it continues to investigate oxygen supply
Yemeni rebels shot down a US MQ-9 Reaper on 1 October, despite their limited air defence capability.
The incident has raised questions over why an armed US UAV was flying low over Sanaa.
A US MQ-9 Reaper armed unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) was shot down over western Yemen on 1 October,
A court in Mugla province in southwestern Turkey has handed down life sentences to 40 ex-military officers, including a former general, on 4 October, over charges related to the failed coup attempt in 2016. The condemned were charged with attempting to assassinate Turkish President Recep Tayyip
Royal Air Force (RAF) Sentinel R1 airborne stand-off surveillance aircraft flew their first ever missions over the Baltic states to monitor the Russian-Belarus 'Zapad 17' military exercise in September.
At least four missions by the RAF aircraft were launched to track the movement of Russian and
China has delivered a second batch of military equipment to the Philippines that includes 3,000 M4 assault rifles, 3 million rounds of ammunition, and 90 sniper scopes.
The weapons were handed over by Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua during a ceremony held on 5 October in Camp
The Turkish military opened a new military training base in Mogadishu, Somalia on 30 September.
The ceremony was attended by Turkish Armed Forces Chief of Staff General Hulusi Akar, Somali Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre, and Somali National Army (SNA) Chief of Staff General Mohamed Ahmed Jamaali.