- RSS Channel Showcase 1638709
- RSS Channel Showcase 6507305
- RSS Channel Showcase 2059869
- RSS Channel Showcase 7073645
Articles on this Page
- 10/04/17--17:00: _Luftwaffe Tornadoes...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _Lobaev unveils DVL-...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _Japan to receive ad...
- 10/04/17--17:00: _French A400M conduc...
- 10/04/17--18:00: _Turkey to develop h...
- 10/04/17--18:00: _Qatar orders JSOW g...
- 10/04/17--18:00: _MKU Limited to manu...
- 10/04/17--18:00: _Germany lifts Tiger...
- 10/04/17--18:00: _Belgium steps up re...
- 10/04/17--19:00: _The US Navy will re...
- 10/05/17--16:00: _Blue Origin to star...
- 10/05/17--16:00: _ASC and Penske join...
- 10/05/17--17:00: _Taiwan orders Mk44 ...
- 10/05/17--17:00: _MDA renamed Maxar T...
- 10/05/17--17:00: _Indra InShield pass...
- 10/05/17--17:00: _Indonesian military...
- 10/05/17--17:00: _Brazil reveals Grip...
- 10/05/17--18:00: _Seven IAF personnel...
- 10/05/17--18:00: _Russian forces ‘now...
- 10/05/17--18:00: _Bulgaria to reopen ...
- 10/04/17--17:00: Luftwaffe Tornadoes arrive in Iraq
- 10/04/17--17:00: Lobaev unveils DVL-10M1 Saboteur silenced sniper rifle
- 10/04/17--17:00: Japan to receive additional AMRAAM missiles
- 10/04/17--17:00: French A400M conducts first mission in Sahel
- 10/04/17--18:00: Turkey to develop heavier attack helicopter
- 10/04/17--18:00: Qatar orders JSOW glide bombs
- 10/04/17--18:00: Germany lifts Tiger grounding, restrictions remain
- 10/04/17--18:00: Belgium steps up recruitment
- 10/04/17--19:00: The US Navy will repair USS John S McCain in Yokosuka
- 10/05/17--16:00: Blue Origin to start BE-4 engine testing ‘soon’
- 10/05/17--16:00: ASC and Penske join forces to test MTU engines
- 10/05/17--17:00: MDA renamed Maxar Technologies following acquisition of DigitalGlobe
- 10/05/17--17:00: Indra InShield passes NATO test
- 10/05/17--17:00: Indonesian military displays Kaplan MT prototype, Apache helicopter
- 10/05/17--18:00: Seven IAF personnel die in Mi-17V-5 helicopter crash
- 10/05/17--18:00: Russian forces ‘now 11,000 strong in the Donbass’
- 10/05/17--18:00: Bulgaria to reopen fighter tender
Four Luftwaffe Tornadoes arrived in Al-Asraq, Jordan, on 4 October, a few days before resuming their reconnaissance flights against the so-called Islamic State, the Bundeswehr announced.
This completed the withdrawal of the German contingent from Incirlik, Turkey, it said.
Unlike the Luftwaffe
Russia's Lobaev Arms small arms manufacturer has unveiled the DVL-10M1 Saboteur (‘Diversant’) bolt-action silenced sniper rifle intended for military and police special forces.
The DVL-10M1 Saboteur is based on an aluminium alloy chassis system incorporating advanced shock-resistant
Japan is to receive a further batch of Raytheon AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAMs) following approval of a potential sale by the US State Department.
The approval, announced by the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) on 4 October, covers 56 AIM-120C-7-variant
A French Air Force A400M conducted its first operational-tactical mission in Sahel on 1 September, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 4 October. The aircraft from the 61st Transport Squadron at Air Base 123 in Orléans landed in Madama in Niger.
Open source satellite imagery shows the
Ismail Demir, Undersecretary of the Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM), revealed on 3 October that Turkey had begun design work for an attack helicopter that is bigger and heavier than the existing T129 currently produced under licence from Leonardo.
Turkey plans to build a
Qatar has ordered the Raytheon AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW), the US Department of Defense (DoD) announced on 4 October.
The DoD said a USD173 million contract had been awarded to Raytheon to deliver 200 AGM-154C Block III JSOWs to Qatar. Expected to be completed by June 2020, the contract
Indian defence firm MKU Limited will be manufacturing newly developed bulletproof jackets for Indian Army (IA) and paramilitary forces personnel, it has been announced.
The jackets were developed by the state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), which recently transferred the
The German military has ended a grounding order of its Airbus Helicopters EC665 Tiger attack platforms following inspections after a fatal crash in Mali.
The Bundeswehr announced the lifting of the grounding on 4 October, some two-and-a-half months after all but the most urgent flights were
The Belgian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has announced that it is launching its latest recruitment drive on 11 October. The objective is to fill 1,570 posts in 2018, a 35% increase from 2017.
The number of non-commissioned officer (NCO) posts will remain unchanged at 600, but the number of posts
The US Navy (USN) will repair the USS John S McCain (DDG 56) guided-missile destroyer at the US Naval Ship Repair Facility-Japan Regional Maintenance Center in Yokosuka, Japan.
Repairs will begin upon arrival from Singapore aboard a heavy lift vessel in October, the USN said in a 4 October
Blue Origin will start testing its BE-4 engine ‘soon’
The engine could power future US national security launches
Blue Origin will ‘soon’ start testing its BE-4 rocket engine that could serve as the first stage booster for future US Air Force (USAF) launches.
Australian companies ASC and Penske Power Systems have announced a partnership to test German MTU marine engines as part of an ongoing research and development (R&D) programme, it was announced on 5 October.
ASC, Australia’s state-owned naval shipyard, said that under the partnership it
Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense (MND) has ordered 285 30 mm Mk44 Bushmaster II automatic cannons from the US-based company Orbital ATK.
The MND announced the USD112 million contract on 29 September and said the cannons will be installed on an infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) variant of
Canadian communication specialist MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates (MDA) completed its acquisition of US satellite imaging company DigitalGlobe Inc on 5 October and announced that together the companies would be rebranded as a single entity under the name Maxar Technologies.
The completion of
Indra’s InShield system for protecting aircraft from infrared-guided missiles fired by manportable air defence systems has passed its NATO trials, the company announced on 5 October. The system was installed on a Spanish Army CH-47 helicopter for the trials at the WTD 91 test centre in Meppen,
Indonesia displayed several new platforms during a 5 October military parade held in the coastal city of Cilegon, Banten Province, to mark the 72nd anniversary of its armed forces.
Among the platforms shown were an AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopter and a prototype of the Kaplan MT Modern
The Brazilian Air Force (FAB) has revealed production details for the 36 Saab Gripen E/F (F-39) combat aircraft it ordered for around USD5.4 billion in 2014, and told Jane’s on 5 October that deliveries will run from 2019 to 2024.
Brazil’s Gripens will begin a certification process in
An Indian Air Force (IAF) Mil Mi-17V-5 medium-lift helicopter crashed in India’s mountainous northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh on 6 October, killing all seven service personnel on board.
IAF officials said the twin-engine platform crashed at approximately 6.00 h local time in a hilly
Ukraine’s chief military prosecutor has detailed the Russian contingent now supporting the separatists in the country’s Donbass region
Anatoly Matios says the number of Russian nationals now fighting in the region has reached 11,000
The number of Russian nationals fighting
Bulgaria will not rush the procurement of a new fighter for its air force and will only buy a new-build aircraft if it can be paid over a longer period of time than initially envisaged, Defence Minister Krasimir Karakachanov said in an interview with Bulgarian bTV on 5 October. He added that the