- RSS Channel Showcase 7000374
- RSS Channel Showcase 5178919
- RSS Channel Showcase 1622056
- RSS Channel Showcase 5900601
Articles on this Page
- 10/09/17--17:00: _AUSA 2017: US layer...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _AUSA 2017: Stryker ...
- 10/10/17--15:00: _India’s Cochin Ship...
- 10/10/17--15:00: _AUSA 2017: US Army ...
- 10/10/17--15:00: _AUSA 2017: US Army ...
- 10/10/17--15:00: _AUSA 2017: SMET unm...
- 10/10/17--15:00: _AUSA 2017: MPF prog...
- 10/10/17--15:00: _AUSA 2017: Army to ...
- 10/10/17--16:00: _Spain looks to clos...
- 10/10/17--16:00: _South Korea to equi...
- 10/10/17--16:00: _Japanese defence in...
- 10/10/17--16:00: _Australia leans on ...
- 10/10/17--16:00: _AUSA 2017: Two new,...
- 10/11/17--16:00: _AUSA 2017: 3-D prin...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _USN COBRA mine-dete...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _USAF further increa...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _Top USS McCain offi...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _Tengoen’s TB001 arm...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _Take up Russia’s pe...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _Taiwan plans domest...
- 10/09/17--17:00: AUSA 2017: US layered BMD has proven to work, NORTHCOM deputy says
- 10/09/17--17:00: AUSA 2017: Stryker A1 configuration enters production
- 10/10/17--15:00: India’s Cochin Shipyard wins order for eight anti-submarine ships
- 10/10/17--15:00: AUSA 2017: US Army to upgrade some M113s as stop-gap measure
- 10/10/17--15:00: AUSA 2017: US Army receives its first next-generation Abrams tanks
- 10/10/17--15:00: AUSA 2017: SMET unmanned ground vehicle headed to IBCTs for trials
- 10/10/17--15:00: AUSA 2017: Army to choose new FMTV A2 truck supplier next year
- 10/10/17--16:00: Spain looks to close off Abertis takeover
- 10/10/17--16:00: Japanese defence industry hit by concerns over metals
- 10/10/17--16:00: Australia leans on overseas representatives to push defence exports
- 10/11/17--17:00: USN COBRA mine-detection systems reaches IOC
- 10/11/17--17:00: USAF further increases use of air power in Afghanistan
- 10/11/17--17:00: Top USS McCain officers relieved
- 10/11/17--17:00: Tengoen’s TB001 armed reconnaissance UAV makes first flight
- 10/11/17--17:00: Taiwan plans domestic upgrade programme for its M60A3 MBTs
The United States’ layered ballistic missile defense (BMD) shield has proven it can work in testing, according to Lieutenant General Reynold Hoover, the deputy commander of US Northern Command (NORTHCOM).
“We rely on a ballistic missile defence systems,” Lt Gen Hoover said during
The US Army’s fourth Stryker Double V-Hull (DVH) brigade, the first to incorporate an updated A1 configuration, is now in production and the initial vehicle rolled off the assembly line in September, Colonel Glenn Dean, programme manager for Stryker Brigade Combat Team, told Jane’s on 10
Cochin Shipyard has won a contest to supply the Indian Navy with eight coastal anti-submarine ships
Programme intends to bolster India’s ASW capabilities in shallower waters
Cochin Shipyard Limited has won a contest to supply the Indian Navy with eight anti-submarine warfare
A request for proposals (RFP) to upgrade a limited number of the US Army’s M113 armoured personnel carriers could be released in the next month or so to identify interested parties, according to Colonel Mike Milner, programme manager for the Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV).
General Dynamics Land Systems (GLDS), recently contracted to build 45 Abrams M1A2 System Enhancement Package Version 3 (SEPv3) tanks, delivered the first production model to the US Army on 4 October, according to Lieutenant Colonel Jay Shell, Abrams programme manager.
The army and GDLS are
The US Army’s Squad Maneuver Equipment Transport (SMET) is expected to soon complete an initial demonstration before up to four configurations are chosen for trials with infantry brigade combat teams (IBCTs), Bryan McVeigh, project manager for Force Projection, told reporters on 10 October.
The US Army plans to release a request for proposals (RFP) for its Mobile Protected Firepower (MPF) tank programme in about a month, officials said.
A draft RFP was released in September and the army is accepting industry comments until 12 October, and then an RFP could be released in mid-November,
The US Army is now in a source-selection phase as it prepares to update its Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTVs) from the A1P2 to A2 configuration, according to Colonel Dan Furber, project manager for Transportation Systems.
A selection is expected for sometime in mid-2018 for the FMTV A2,
Spain’s Ministry of Development has called on the State Attorney’s office to give the final ruling on the takeover of infrastructure group Abertis, which is the biggest shareholder in the country’s military satellite operations.
The decision came a day after the national stock
South Korea will equip its KSS-3 class submarines with a locally developed combat system
Platform will also feature a number of indigenous components including sensors and weapons
South Korea’s class of KSS-3 will be equipped with an indigenous submarine combat system that has
On 10 October Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) disclosed that some Japanese defence industrial goods had been built using metals procured from Kobe Steel, which recently admitted to falsifying data about the strength and durability of its aluminium and copper products.
On 10 October Australia’s Minister for Defence Industry, Christopher Pyne, briefed more than 35 overseas defence representatives as part of a government bid to boost defence exports.
The Australian Department of Defence (DoD) stated that the briefing was integral to the government’s
The US Army's first 30 mm Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicle – Dragoon, along with the first Stryker with CROWS-Javelin (CROWS-J), will go to Europe in December for an operational test, officials said during the Association of the US Army’s (AUSA's) annual conference.
Army leaders are
The US Army is exploring new technologies to ease battlefield logistics and supply burdens, and 3-D printing and new power-generation methods appear to be potential solutions.
The “biggest challenge we have on the tactical battlefield is logistics”, Donald Sando, deputy to the
The US Navy (USN) AN/DVS-1 Coastal Battlefield Reconnaissance and Analysis (COBRA) airborne mine-detection system achieved initial operational capability (IOC) on 10 October, USN officials announced.
COBRA is being developed for integration with the USN’s MQ-8 Fire Scout unmanned air system
The US Air Force (USAF) stepped up the use of air power in Afghanistan in September, releasing more ordnance than in any other month over the past seven years, according to recently released data by US Air Forces Central Command (AFCENT).
The data shows that USAF aircraft released a total of 751
The commanding officer and executive officer of Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS John S McCain (DDG 56), Commander Alfredo J Sanchez and Commander Jessie L Sanchez respectively, were relieved of their duties by Vice Admiral Phil Sawyer, commander of the Seventh Fleet, on 11 October,
China's TB001 ‘Twin-tailed Scorpion’ armed reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) has made its maiden flight, according to a report by the Xinhua News Agency.
The 10 m-long platform took to the skies at an airport in southwestern China on 26 September just a few days after being
Condemning the EU’s “complete absence” on issues related to Ukraine’s security, some officials – including NATO’s former secretary general Anders Fogh Rasmussen – say the transatlantic community should take up Russian President Vladimir Putin’s recent
Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense (MND) has said that it plans to earmark USD6.6 million for research into the development of an upgrade programme for its fleet of M60A3 main battle tanks (MBTs).
The ministry has chosen the National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (NCSIST)