- RSS Channel Showcase 7344853
- RSS Channel Showcase 2915921
- RSS Channel Showcase 2837047
- RSS Channel Showcase 6689000
Articles on this Page
- 10/15/17--17:00: _Germany selects G95...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _Brazil soon to eval...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: Korean A...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: F-35 mak...
- 10/16/17--15:00: _Japan scrambled fig...
- 10/16/17--15:00: _DGA supports speedy...
- 10/16/17--16:00: _KBR to acquire Aust...
- 10/16/17--16:00: _Arms and Security 2...
- 10/16/17--16:00: _ADEX 2017: South Ko...
- 10/16/17--17:00: _Russia expands Myan...
- 10/16/17--17:00: _India commissions t...
- 10/16/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: Honeywel...
- 10/16/17--17:00: _EU moves to extend ...
- 10/16/17--17:00: _Argentine Army to r...
- 10/17/17--15:00: _Harris to provide e...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _US Navy decommissio...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _US Air Force rampin...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _Senate confirms top...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _Kuwait requests Abr...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _India, Russia to co...
- 10/15/17--17:00: Germany selects G95 carbine for special forces
- 10/15/17--17:00: Brazil soon to evaluate locally developed fast attack vehicle
- 10/15/17--17:00: ADEX 2017: Korean Air progresses development of unmanned Little Bird
- 10/15/17--17:00: ADEX 2017: F-35 makes South Korean show debut
- 10/16/17--15:00: Japan scrambled fighter aircraft 561 times in first half of FY 2017
- 10/16/17--15:00: DGA supports speedy acquisition of UAVs for urban operations
- 10/16/17--16:00: KBR to acquire Australian firm Sigma Bravo
- 10/16/17--16:00: ADEX 2017: South Korea showcases unmanned solutions
- 10/16/17--17:00: Russia expands Myanmar Mi-24P repair programme
- 10/16/17--17:00: India commissions third Kamorta-class anti-submarine corvette
- 10/16/17--17:00: ADEX 2017: Honeywell seeks South Korean aircraft upgrade contracts
- 10/16/17--17:00: EU moves to extend mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- 10/16/17--17:00: Argentine Army to receive 20 JetRanger helicopters
- 10/17/17--16:00: US Navy decommissions Ponce Afloat Forward Staging Base
- 10/17/17--16:00: US Air Force ramping up JDAM, SDB I munition production
- 10/17/17--16:00: Senate confirms top Pentagon policy shop official
- 10/17/17--16:00: Kuwait requests Abrams tank hulls
- 10/17/17--16:00: India, Russia to conduct first-ever joint tri-service exercise
On 10 October, the Bundesamt für Ausrüstung, Informationstechnik und Nutzung der Bundeswehr (BAAINBw), Germany's Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support, announced that the 5.56 mm Heckler & Koch HK416A7 has been selected as the new
The Brazilian Army Evaluations Center (CAEx) will trial a pilot batch of the 4x4 Chivunk unarmoured air-transportable fast attack vehicle developed by the Army Technological Center (CTEx).
CAEx later in October will begin a preliminary evaluation of 10 vehicles manufactured between 2013 and 2017 by
Korean Air Aerospace Division (KAL-ASD) has progressed development of an unmanned version of the MD 500 Little Bird light-attack and observation helicopter, with a prototype being showcased at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX) 2017.
An optionally piloted prototype of
The Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) made its debut appearance at this year’s Seoul International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX), giving South Korea a sneak-preview of its future fighter while providing a timely warning to Pyongyang on US regional
The Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) scrambled its fighter aircraft a total of 561 times in the first half of fiscal year 2017 (FY 2017) in response to foreign military aircraft approaching the country's airspace: a decrease of 5.6% compared with last year’s record-setting figure.
The Direction Générale pour l’Armement (DGA) Lab, the French procurement agency's innovation laboratory, is supporting the Commandement des Opérations Spéciales (COS), France's special operations command, acquire mini unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for fighting terrorists
US engineering services group KBR has entered an agreement to acquire Australian company Sigma Bravo Pty Ltd, a specialist in defence-related information and communications technologies (ICT), it was announced on 16 October. Details of the transaction were not revealed.
Following the acquisition,
At the 2017 Arms and Security Exhibition in Kiev, the company Temp 3000 revealed that its new fireproof overalls have entered service with the Ukrainian armed forces and are well received.
Povkh Yuri from Temp 3000 explained that prior to the 2014 conflict with Russia in the Donbass region of
South Korean defence contractors have put unmanned aircraft systems (UASs)/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) at the forefront of their exhibits at this year’s Seoul International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX), as they look to showcase technologies and developments for a number of
Russian Helicopters is to repair a small number of Mil Mi-24P/35P (‘Hind’) combat helicopters in Myanmar, as part of an initiative to support platforms in the country of operation instead of transporting the aircraft to Russia.
The group said that it would send a team of technicians to
The Indian Navy has commissioned its third Kamorta-class corvette
Platform will improve the Indian Navy’s anti-submarine warfare capabilities, particularly in the Indian Ocean region
The Indian Navy has officially inducted its third Kamorta (Project 28)-class anti-submarine
US firm Honeywell is in discussions to upgrade a number of South Korean aircraft types as part of a wider effort to increase its national and regional portfolio.
Speaking at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX) on 17 October, Tim Van Luven, vice-president of Honeywell's
Meeting in Brussels on 16 October, national foreign ministers agreed to extend Operation ‘Althea’: the EU’s peacekeeping mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina (BiH). The extension awaits a renewed mandate from the UN.
Declaring their “unequivocal commitment” to BiH as a single
The Argentine Army expects by December or January to receive 20 Agusta (Bell) AB 206 JetRanger helicopters purchased from the Italian government. The delivery would follow lengthy negotiations and delays after an initial proposal in 2009.
The helicopters belonged to Italy’s Carabinieri and
Communications and defence electronics company Harris Corporation has been awarded a USD133 million contract to supply electronic jammers to the US Navy (USN) and Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) for use on F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet aircraft, the US-based firm said in a 16 October statement.
Afloat Forward Staging Base (Interim) USS Ponce (AFSB (I) 15) was decommissioned 14 October in Norfolk, Virginia, after more than 46 years in service.
Best known in its last three years of service for shipboard US Navy laser-systems testing, Ponce served as an amphibious ship before proving out the
The US Air Force (USAF) is ramping up production of its Boeing Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) and GBU-39B Small Diameter Bomb I (SDB I) munitions, according to a key official.
Lieutenant General Arnold Bunch, office of the assistant secretary of the air force for acquisition, military deputy,
The US Senate on 17 confirmed David Trachtenberg in a 79-17 vote to become the next deputy undersecretary of defence for policy.
Trachtenberg most recently headed Shortwaver Consulting and was a senior advisor at Renaissance Strategic Advisors. From 2001-03 he was principal deputy assistant
Kuwait has requested 218 M1A1 Abrams tank hulls rather than use its existing ones as part of its upgrade programme, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced on 16 October.
The DSCA said it had informed Congress that the US State Department had approved a Kuwaiti request covering
The first-ever joint tri-service exercise between the Indian and Russian armed forces is to be conducted between 19-29 October, according to a statement by the Indian government's Press Information Bureau (PIB).
This year's 'INDRA' exercise, the previous editions of which had been conducted as