- RSS Channel Showcase 1988750
- RSS Channel Showcase 4329831
- RSS Channel Showcase 6141832
- RSS Channel Showcase 3270460
Articles on this Page
- 10/17/17--16:00: _Discovery Air Defen...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _Airbus warns of con...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _ADEX 2017: Rafael o...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _ADEX 2017: KAI refi...
- 10/17/17--16:00: _ADEX 2017: KAI push...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _Saudi AWACS to get ...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _Rockwell Collins to...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _Rafael, Bisalloy St...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _Portugal proposes 2...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: Saab tou...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: Lockheed...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: Leonardo...
- 10/17/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: GA-ASI, ...
- 10/17/17--18:00: _Syrian SAM engages ...
- 10/17/17--18:00: _Four JASDF personne...
- 10/17/17--18:00: _ADEX 2017: UVision ...
- 10/18/17--15:00: _Trump nominates US ...
- 10/18/17--16:00: _USN awards Harris U...
- 10/18/17--16:00: _US House, Senate se...
- 10/18/17--16:00: _UK moves to change ...
- 10/17/17--16:00: Airbus warns of consequences in investigations
- 10/17/17--16:00: ADEX 2017: KAI refining KFX configuration ahead of key milestones
- 10/17/17--16:00: ADEX 2017: KAI pushes for additional T-50 sale to Thailand
- 10/17/17--17:00: Saudi AWACS to get more upgrades
- 10/17/17--17:00: Rockwell Collins to provide eight new DTCS simulators for ADF
- 10/17/17--17:00: Rafael, Bisalloy Steels announce partnership
- 10/17/17--17:00: Portugal proposes 2018 defence budget
- 10/17/17--17:00: ADEX 2017: Lockheed Martin drops Viking offer to South Korea
- 10/17/17--17:00: ADEX 2017: Leonardo waits on South Korean helicopter requests
- 10/17/17--17:00: ADEX 2017: GA-ASI, Huneed to explore joint programmes
- 10/17/17--18:00: Syrian SAM engages Israeli aircraft over Lebanon
- 10/17/17--18:00: ADEX 2017: UVision signs MOA for HERO 30 marketing, supply
- 10/18/17--15:00: Trump nominates US AFSPC’s Thompson for A11 position
- 10/18/17--16:00: USN awards Harris USD765 million for radios
- 10/18/17--16:00: US House, Senate set to reconcile FY 2018 defence policy legislation
- 10/18/17--16:00: UK moves to change M&A rules
Discovery Air Defence is offering F-16s for the USAF’s AdAir competition
Discovery is part of a potentially crowded field aiming for a multi-billion-dollar programme
Discovery Air Defence is offering General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon multirole fighters for the US Air
Amid media speculation regarding ongoing legal action against Airbus for bribery allegations relating to a number of activities – including the sale of the Eurofighter Typhoon to Austria in 2003 – the company has reaffirmed its stance that the sale was legal, and stated that the
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems is offering to integrate the laser ‘kill’ system it has developed for its Drone Dome counter-unmanned aerial vehicle (C-UAV) system onto South Korea’s own domestically built solution.
Speaking to Jane’s at the Seoul International Aerospace and
Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) is in the process of refining the final configuration of its Korean Fighter Experimental (KFX) aircraft ahead of a number of milestones that are due in the coming months and years, Jane’s was told on 17 October.
Speaking at the Seoul International Aerospace
Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) is hopeful of selling a third batch of T-50 Golden Eagle lead-in fighter trainers to Thailand, to add to the two batches already signed for. Jane’s was told on 17 October that KAI hopes to begin talks shortly for the four fighters that are outstanding from
Boeing has been awarded a USD240 million contract to provide the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) with Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) upgrades, the US Department of Defense announced on 16 October.
It said the contract covered mission computing, navigation, and communications upgrades, as
Rockwell Collins Australia has been awarded an AUD40 million (USD31.3 million) contract to provide eight new Digital Terminal Control System (DTCS) simulators to improve the battlefield training of Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel.
Australian Minister for Defence Industry Christopher Pyne
Australian company Bisalloy Steels has entered an industrial partnership with Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, it was announced on 18 October.
According to a statement, the agreement facilitates trials of Bisalloy Steels’ products and the potential involvement of the Australian
The Portuguese government has proposed a defence budget of EUR2.151 billion (USD2.524 billion) for 2018, compared to EUR2.149 billion in 2017.
The budget, which was submitted to the national parliament on 13 October, includes EUR270 million for equipment, a 9.3% increase compared to 2017, as well
Saab is promoting its GlobalEye airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) and Swordfish maritime patrol aircraft (MPA) for separate requirements that it expects to be issued by the South Korean government.
Briefing at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX) 2017,
Lockheed Martin will no longer offer refurbished S-3 Viking anti-submarine warfare (ASW) aircraft to South Korea, saying that budgetary pressures and the increased underwater threat posed by Pyonyang meant the platform was no longer appropriate for the requirement.
Speaking on 18 October at the
Leonardo is waiting on the South Korean government to issue requests for proposals (RFPs) for three key rotary-wing requirements and a contract decision on a fourth as it looks to expand its presence in the country.
Speaking to Jane’s at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defence
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc (GA-ASI) has signed an agreement with South Korean firm Huneed Technologies to explore potential areas of collaboration, the two companies announced at the ADEX exhibition in Seoul on 18 October.
Through the memorandum of understanding (MOU), GA-ASI and
A Syrian surface-to-air missile (SAM) system engaged Israeli aircraft in Lebanese airspace on 16 October, according to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).
“Earlier today, an anti-aircraft missile was launched from Syria towards IDF aircraft during a routine flight over Lebanon. No hits were
Four Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) personnel are missing, presumed dead, after their UH-60J search-and-rescue helicopter crashed off the coast of Japan's Shizuoka Prefecture on 17 October.
The UH-60J vanished from radar screens some 30 km south of the JASDF’s Hamamatsu Air Base at
Israeli unmanned systems manufacturer UVision announced on 18 October that it had signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) with South Korea’s FIRSTEC.
The MOA will see FIRSTEC market and supply the HERO 30 system in South Korea and follows a memorandum of understanding signed in September 2016,
Trump nominates AFSPC’s Thompson for key A11 position
He will lead the effort to better integrate space requirements into the air staff
US President Donald Trump on 17 October nominated Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) Vice Commander Major General David Thompson to serve as the
The five-year IDIQ contract is for the AN/PRC-117G, PRC-152A, and PRC-160
Quantities will be based on US Navy and US Marine Corps requirements
Harris has received a five-year, USD765 million ceiling, single-award indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract from the US Navy
The US Senate has agreed to begin 'conference' negotiations with members of the House to reconcile their versions of the fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018) defence policy bill.
Senators voted on 17 October to begin the talks and appointed all members of the Armed Services Committee as conferees. The House
Proposed new regulations to enable increased government intervention on national security grounds in acquisition by foreign companies
The move comes as European concerns about foreign ownership in sensitive technologies increase
The UK government announced on 17 October that it plans