- RSS Channel Showcase 6370740
- RSS Channel Showcase 5767358
- RSS Channel Showcase 5509410
- RSS Channel Showcase 6930950
Articles on this Page
- 10/18/17--16:00: _Norway increases de...
- 10/18/17--16:00: _France increases sp...
- 10/18/17--16:00: _Egyptian corvette, ...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _Xi’s declared goals...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _USN plans future lo...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _US, South Korean na...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _UK Single Source Re...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _Cammell Laird and B...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _USN cruiser deploys...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _US offers EMALS tec...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _US Coast Guard dona...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _UK looks to replace...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _SSM signs contract ...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _RoKN seeks new avia...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _RAF Typhoon jets to...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _NZDF procuring Barr...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _NATO’s cyber securi...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _Mattis opposed to C...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _Japanese defence mi...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _Draft RFP for USCG ...
- 10/18/17--16:00: Norway increases defence spending, reinforces northern forces
- 10/18/17--16:00: France increases spending on equipment, cyber defence
- 10/18/17--16:00: Egyptian corvette, sub arrive in Alexandria
- 10/18/17--17:00: Xi’s declared goals for PLA herald a ‘decade of concern’
- 10/18/17--17:00: USN plans future longer, integrated deployments for LCS
- 10/18/17--17:00: UK Single Source Regulations Office chief resigns
- 10/18/17--17:00: Cammell Laird and BAE Systems team for UK Type 31e frigate bid
- 10/18/17--17:00: USN cruiser deploys to increase BMD presence in the Gulf
- 10/18/17--17:00: US Coast Guard donates cutters to Costa Rica
- 10/18/17--17:00: UK looks to replace Desert Hawk mini UAV
- 10/18/17--17:00: SSM signs contract with BMC for domestic production of power pack
- 10/18/17--17:00: RoKN seeks new aviation command and ‘task fleet’, says report
- 10/18/17--17:00: RAF Typhoon jets to receive collision awareness system
- 10/18/17--17:00: Draft RFP for USCG Heavy Polar Icebreaker released
Norwegian Defence Minister Ine Eriksen Søreide announced on 12 October an increase of NOK3 billion (USD378 million) in defence spending and a major reorganisation of forces in the far north of the country.
She said it was essential and in the interests of all Arctic states to maintain
France's 2018 defence budget includes increases in funding of new equipment, cyber defence, and research and development (R&D), a member of the National Assembly has said.
Speaking during technology demonstrations at Nexter in Versailles, part of his election district, on 17 October, Didier
The Egyptian Navy’s first Gowind-class corvette Elfateh (971) and second Type 209/1400 submarine S 42 (864) have arrived at the main naval base in Alexandria for the first time, the Egyptian Ministry of Defence announced on 18 October.
The second of four submarines ordered by Egypt, S 42 was
At the 18 October opening of 19th Party Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC), the Chinese president and CPC general secretary, Xi Jinping, stated that the nation will transform the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) into a state-of-the-art, world-class military by the middle of this
The next littoral combat ship (LCS) deployments will closely resemble those already made in the Western Pacific by USS Freedom (LCS 1) and USS Coronado (LCS 4), but the US Navy is looking to lengthen the ships’ tours and to integrate them better with other warship groups, Captain Tom Workman,
Amid growing tensions between the Washington and Pyongyang, the US and South Korean navies started two sets of scheduled drills this week off the Korean Peninsula.
Vessels from the US Navy (USN) and the Republic of Korea (ROK) Navy started the Maritime Counter Special Operations exercise (MCSOFEX),
The head of the UK single source contracts watchdog has resigned in a surprise move that has seen the organisation lose three senior leaders in 18 months.
In a brief statement issued on 16 October, the UK’s Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO) announced that its chief executive, Marcine
Cammell Laird and BAE Systems have signed a teaming agreement to bid for UK’s Type 31e frigate programme.
Birkenhead-based Cammell Laird, which has a pedigree in commercial ship repair and shipbuilding, will prime the bid.
UK shipyard Cammell Laird and BAE Systems have teamed to
Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Monterey (CG 61) departed Naval Station Norfolk on 16 October for a “surge” deployment to the US 5th Fleet and US 6th Fleet areas of operation to help shore up missile defences there, US Navy (USN) officials said.
Most recently a part of the
The United States has approved the transfer of the technology behind the General Atomics Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) to the Indian Navy (IN) for the latter’s proposed second indigenous aircraft carrier, said senior officials in Washington and New Delhi.
Speaking at the
The US Coast Guard (USCG) donated two vessels to the Costa Rican Coast Guard (Servicio Nacional de Guardacostas) on 13 October as part of the Office of International Acquisition’s Excess Defense Articles programme.
The two patrol boats, Long Island and Roanoke Island , are 110-ft Island-class
British Army chiefs are hoping that the upcoming war fighting development experiment will generate the replacement for its fleet of 221 Lockheed Martin Desert Hawk Mk 3 mini-unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Senior army officers involved in intelligence, surveillance, targeting, acquisition, and
The Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) has tweeted that it signed a contract with domestic civilian and military vehicle manufacturer BMC on 13 October for the domestic production of a power pack for new-generation tracked light armoured vehicles.
BMC is believed to have been awarded
The Republic of Korea Navy (RoKN) is to create an aviation command and a new ‘task fleet’ in tandem with the military’s push for “aggressive operations” in response to North Korean “provocations”, Yonhap news agency reported on 19 October.
If the scheme is
UK Royal Air Force (RAF) Eurofighter Typhoon combat aircraft are to receive a collision awareness system to help reduce the possibility of mid-air collisions involving both civilian and military aircraft.
UK procurement officials are in the process of finalising a contract with an unnamed supplier
The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) announced on 18 October that it is entering an agreement to buy two new weapons: the Barrett M107A1 anti-materiel weapon and the Barrett Multi-Role Adaptive Design (MRAD) sniper rifle.
A total of 40 M107A1s and 42 MRADs will be bought at a cost of NZD4 million
Officials at the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA), the alliance’s cyber and information and communications technology (ICT) procurement wing, say they intend to push down the cost of NATO’s contracted cyber security products and services by, among other things, targeting
US Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis is concerned with congressional efforts to continue some key Pentagon re-organisation efforts in the coming year.
In a 17 October letter, viewed by Jane's , to the chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate armed services committees, Mattis highlighted
Japanese Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera has said that his country must develop the technological capabilities to negate or mitigate the impact of a possible North Korean electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack.
Speaking to reporters following a 17 October visit to the Electronic Systems Research
The US Navy (USN), in collaboration with the US Coast Guard (USCG) under an Integrated Program Office (IPO), released a draft request for proposals (RFP) on 19 October for the detail design and construction of a Heavy Polar Icebreaker (HPIB).
The draft RFP is for one HPIB, with options for two