- RSS Channel Showcase 9848662
- RSS Channel Showcase 4937788
- RSS Channel Showcase 8229750
- RSS Channel Showcase 5437280
Articles on this Page
- 10/25/17--18:00: _Russian Helicopters...
- 10/25/17--18:00: _Portugal to order m...
- 10/25/17--19:00: _UK looks to Typhoon...
- 10/25/17--19:00: _Latest NATO-Russia ...
- 10/25/17--19:00: _Jordan takes delive...
- 10/26/17--17:00: _US sanctions Tatmad...
- 10/26/17--17:00: _Portuguese Army pla...
- 10/26/17--17:00: _Jordan to sell Osa ...
- 10/26/17--17:00: _Brazil receives new...
- 10/26/17--18:00: _Brazil and Sweden a...
- 10/26/17--19:00: _Turkey’s Nurol Maki...
- 10/26/17--19:00: _Scandal surrounds r...
- 10/26/17--19:00: _Iraq launches two o...
- 10/26/17--20:00: _Germany sends fourt...
- 10/29/17--16:00: _Vietnam’s third Gep...
- 10/29/17--16:00: _Super Tucano helps ...
- 10/29/17--16:00: _Leonardo and Lockhe...
- 10/29/17--16:00: _Civmec seeks Austra...
- 10/29/17--17:00: _USCG still looks to...
- 10/29/17--17:00: _Turkey expresses in...
- 10/25/17--18:00: Russian Helicopters to launch production in Kazakhstan
- 10/25/17--18:00: Portugal to order mini UAVs
- 10/25/17--19:00: UK looks to Typhoon upgrade package
- 10/25/17--19:00: Latest NATO-Russia meeting augurs no improvement in relations
- 10/25/17--19:00: Jordan takes delivery of ex-Dutch F-16s
- 10/26/17--17:00: Portuguese Army plans to acquire new small arms
- 10/26/17--17:00: Jordan to sell Osa SAMs
- 10/26/17--17:00: Brazil receives new RBS 70 launchers
- 10/26/17--18:00: Brazil and Sweden agree joint industrial plan for aeronautics
- 10/26/17--19:00: Turkey’s Nurol Makina and Uzbekistan to jointly produce vehicles
- 10/26/17--19:00: Scandal surrounds refit of Russian spy vessel
- 10/26/17--19:00: Iraq launches two offensives to secure Syrian border crossings
- 10/26/17--20:00: Germany sends fourth Tiger helicopter to Mali
- 10/29/17--16:00: Vietnam’s third Gepard frigate arrives home
- 10/29/17--16:00: Super Tucano helps Embraer's Q3 defence results
- 10/29/17--16:00: Leonardo and Lockheed Martin confirm Czech helo interest
- 10/29/17--16:00: Civmec seeks Australian listing
- 10/29/17--17:00: USCG still looks to close duplicative stations
- 10/29/17--17:00: Turkey expresses interest in buying F-35B STOVL variant
Russian Helicopters is set to launch production of the Mil Mi-8AMT/Mi-171 ‘Hip-H’ helicopters in Kazakhstan, following the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU).
The MOU, agreed by Russian Helicopters, Kazakhstan Engineering, and Kazakh firm 405 Aircraft Repair Plant, will see
The NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) will issue a request for proposals for the acquisition of mini unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for the Portuguese Army by the end of 2017, a military source told Jane’ s. A contract is expected to be signed during the first quarter of 2018, the
UK air force chiefs have re-organised efforts to upgrade their fleet of Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft ahead of an expected decision on whether to buy EuroRadar Captor-E active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars later this year. Jane’s has learned that the Royal Air Force (RAF) has set
The alliance’s relations with Moscow remain as strained as ever following the latest meeting of the NATO-Russia Council (NRC) on 26 October where the two sides faced off on nearly every issue discussed, from pre-exercise briefings to Afghanistan. There was particular criticism on NATO’s
The first six of 15 F-16 multirole fighters that the Netherlands has sold to Jordan were flown out of Volkel Air Base by Jordanian pilots for their new home at Al-Azraq Air Base on 25 October, the Dutch Ministry of Defence announced on the following day.
It said the aircraft had undergone software
The United States has imposed sanctions on the Tatmadaw for atrocities allegedly carried out against Myanmar's ethnic Rohingya Muslim minority
The move has halted a gradually emerging defence relationship between the United States and Myanmar, although Australia's defence relationship
The NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) is expected to issue a request for proposals (RfP) for new small arms for the Portuguese Army, a military source told Jane’s .
The NSPA is conducting procurement on behalf of the Portuguese Army under an agreement between the two parties.
The Jordan Armed Forces (JAF) is retiring its 9K33 Osa (SA-8 ‘Gecko’) mobile surface-to-air missile systems as part of its on-going reorganisation, a Jordanian military source has confirmed to Jane’s .
The JAF announced on its website in late September that it was offering 52 Osas
The Brazilian Army in late October conducted factory acceptance tests in Sweden for a new order of Saab Dynamics RBS 70 very-short-range man-portable air defence systems, the service told Jane’s on 27 October.
Testing was for an initial batch under the order, and a remaining two batches are
Brazil and Sweden agreed a joint ‘Strategic Work Plan’ on 26 October, in a move aimed at enhancing the countries’ co-operation in the aeronautics industry.
The agreement, signed by Brazilian Executive-secretary of Brazil’s Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Services
Turkey’s private defence company Nurol Makina (Nurol Machinery) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on 26 October to produce 1,000 of its Ejder Yalcin 4x4 tactical wheeled armoured vehicles jointly with Uzbekistan’s UzAuto at the latter’s facilities in Uzbekistan.
A criminal case has now been filed in regard to a major servicing of the Kurily , one of seven Vishnya class Project 864 intelligence ships. These ships were originally built in the 1980s at the Stocznia Pólnocna shipyards in Gdansk, Poland. The ship is used for radio interception of
Iraqi government forces attacked Kurdish positions on the same day that the final offensive against the Islamic State was announced.
The Peshmerga apparently repelled the initial advances.
Iraqi government forces have launched simultaneous offensives against the Islamic State’s
A fourth German Tiger combat helicopter was airlifted to Mali on 27 October, the Bundeswehr has announced. The partly dismantled helicopter was flown by Antonov An-124 from Leipzig to Bamako, where it is being reassembled before flying to Gao.
The helicopter replaces a Tiger which crashed in Mali
Vietnam’s third Gepard 3.9-class frigate has arrived in-country
Platform will significantly improve the country’s anti-submarine warfare capabilities
A third Russian-built Modified Gepard 3.9 (Project 11661E)-class guided-missile frigate ordered for the People's Army of
Embraer has recorded USD681 million in net revenues for its defence and security business division in the first nine months of 2017, helped by the sale of six EMB-314 Super Tucano A-29 light-attack aircraft each to two customers.
In the third quarter (Q3) the defence division received revenues of
Leonardo Helicopters and Lockheed Martin have confirmed their commitment to competing a future medium multirole helicopter requirement for the Czech Republic, following the recent announcement that the US government has cleared the potential sale of the Bell UH-1Y Venom to the country.
Australian engineering company Civmec has announced plans to list its shares on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The group, which is investing in developing naval shipbuilding capabilities, has been listed on the Singapore Exchange since 2012.
The company said in a statement on 26 October
The US Coast Guard (USCG) hopes to close duplicative air and maritime stations, although efforts to do so thus far have been hampered by Congress, according to a recent Government Accountability Office (GAO) report.
The USCG has developed the ability to analyse its operations to determine which
Turkey recently expressed to the United States its interest in purchasing the F-35B short take-off/vertical landing (STOVL) version of the Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter, Jane’s has learned from Turkish and Western defence industry sources. This is in addition to the 100 F-35As it already