- RSS Channel Showcase 4312597
- RSS Channel Showcase 2324750
- RSS Channel Showcase 6945243
- RSS Channel Showcase 5379195
Articles on this Page
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Slovakia receives f...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Russia to invest in...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _MTG Dolphin bids to...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Mattis supports cur...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Indonesia orders NA...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Hungary auctions of...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Hindustan Aeronauti...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Council, European P...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _China trials new ma...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _CBO: US nuclear for...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Albania to clean up...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Airbus defence busi...
- 10/30/17--17:00: _Afghan security for...
- 10/30/17--18:00: _SAMI announces form...
- 10/30/17--18:00: _Russia pondering de...
- 10/30/17--18:00: _Namibian Navy commi...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _US Army’s prepositi...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _US Army working to ...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _US Army eyes buying...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _United States, Cana...
- 10/30/17--17:00: Slovakia receives first Spartan airlifter
- 10/30/17--17:00: MTG Dolphin bids to build Bulgarian Navy patrol boats
- 10/30/17--17:00: Indonesia orders NASAMS air defence system
- 10/30/17--17:00: Hungary auctions off MiG-29s
- 10/30/17--17:00: Hindustan Aeronautics cleared to pursue market listing
- 10/30/17--17:00: China trials new marine propulsion system
- 10/30/17--17:00: CBO: US nuclear forces to cost USD1.2 trillion over next 30 years
- 10/30/17--17:00: Albania to clean up remaining explosives by end of 2018
- 10/30/17--17:00: Airbus defence businesses post weak third-quarter profits
- 10/30/17--17:00: Afghan security forces controlling fewer districts, says SIGAR
- 10/30/17--18:00: SAMI announces formation of company leadership
- 10/30/17--18:00: Russia pondering defence industry bank
- 10/30/17--18:00: Namibian Navy commissions ‘sub chasers’
- 10/31/17--17:00: US Army working to improve logistics, strengthen supply chains
- 10/31/17--17:00: US Army eyes buying technical data rights to improve logistics
- 10/31/17--17:00: United States, Canada eye AMRAAM sale
Slovakia officially inducted into its inventory the first of two Alenia Aermacchi C-27J Spartan tactical transport aircraft on 31 October.
The twin-engined turboprop, which actually arrived in-country the previous week, was welcomed into service during a ceremony at Malacky-Kuchyna air base near
Russia is to invest in establishing a military-aerospace maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) facility in Indonesia as part of its offset obligations linked to the pending sale of 11 Sukhoi Su-35 ‘Flanker-E’ multirole combat aircraft to the Indonesian Air Force (TNI-AU), a senior
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence received only one offer for the controversial tender for two new patrol boats for the Bulgarian Navy, worth an estimated BGN820 million (USD485 million).
The process began in mid-August, when the request for proposals was delivered to six pre-selected companies,
The US Senate Foreign Relations Committee appears poised to draft new legislation to legally authorise US military abroad, which to date have relied upon 16-year-old authorisations passed after the 11 September 2001 terror attacks.
The 2001 and 2002 Authorizations for Use of Military Force (AUMFs)
The Indonesian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a USD77 million contract with Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace for the procurement of a National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS).
The Norwegian company said in a 31 October statement that the contract comprises delivery of a
Hungary launched an auction process on 25 October to sell 23 decommissioned MiG-29 aircraft, complete with engines, at a starting price of HUF4.8 billion (USD18 million). The auction includes 20 spare engines, an unspecified number of missiles integrated into the MiGs, and 1,251 spare parts.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has approved a proposal by state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to launch an initial public offering (IPO).
SEBI said in a notice published 30 October that it has issued an “observation” to HAL to allow it to pursue the market
The European Commission’s controversial standing proposal to use part of the EU’s development aid to train and equip the security forces of weak or failed states moved one step closer to reality on 27 October. A new political compromise between the European Union’s two legislative
China has successfully conducted trials of a new permanent magnet electric propulsion motor installed in an unidentified naval vessel at the Sanya naval base on the country’s southern Hainan Island, the state-owned Global Times newspaper reported on 24 October.
The report follows the claim
The US Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimated current nuclear force plans would cost USD1.2 trillion, in 2017 dollars, over the 2017–46 period.
This estimate, revealed in a 31 October report, finds more than USD800 billion is necessary to operate and incrementally upgrade US nuclear
Albania's Explosive Ordnance Disposal Company plans to clean up the ammunition and explosives remaining in the country by the end of 2018. The problem of Cold War-era weapons and ammunition depots was exacerbated by nationwide riots in 1997, during which 151 died and 851 were injured.
Pan-European defence and aviation company Airbus released its third-quarter results on 31 October, showing total revenue of EUR14.2 billion (USD16.5 billion) for the period. This represents a 2.1% rise on the same period in 2016, although the company’s adjusted measure of earnings before
The Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) appear to continue to lose territory to insurgents, according to a 30 October report issued by the US Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction (SIGAR).
As of 24 August, 54 of the 407 districts of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces were under
Saudi Arabia’s new defence industrial organisation, Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI), unveiled the company’s leadership on 31 October.
The company’s board is to be chaired by His Excellency Ahmed Al Khateeb, who holds a number of important positions in the country’s
The Russian government is considering setting up a specialised lender to support the defence industry in a bid to reduce the risks to existing lenders from US sanctions, according to business daily Kommersant .
The Russian Finance Corporation (RFK), a subsidiary of state-owned Rostec since 2013, is
The Namibian Navy commissioned two ex-People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) patrol vessels at its main base in Walvis Bay on 27 October.
Namibian President Hage Geingob gave a speech, saying China offered to donate what he described as “two submarine chasers with surface and
US Army units can now fall in on forward-deployed equipment sets, known as Army Prepositioned Stocks (APS), more quickly as they are better stocked with necessary equipment, according to General Gus Perna, head of US Army Materiel Command (AMC).
AMC has been adding “shoot, move, and
The US Army's ability to sustain deployed equipment and units has atrophied over years of counter-insurgency operations, but it is working to strengthen those abilities to fight against a peer competitor, according to the head of US Army Materiel Command (AMC).
More than a decade of fighting
The US Army is exploring more options for buying technical data rights for systems, which can be costly but in some cases sensible for logistics purposes, according to the head of US Army Materiel Command (AMC)
“If equipment is going to be forward, and soldiers are going to do [maintenance
The US Department of State approved a possible USD140 million Foreign Military Sale to Canada of Raytheon AIM-120D Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAMs), the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced on 1 November.
Canada requested as many as 32 AIM-120Ds, 18 AMRAAM Captive