- RSS Channel Showcase 7479642
- RSS Channel Showcase 8639924
- RSS Channel Showcase 3821942
- RSS Channel Showcase 4057168
Articles on this Page
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Russian Helicopters...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Pakistan says it do...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _NATO reinforcement ...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Milrem announces re...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Leonardo expands in...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Kongsberg, thyssenk...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Japan’s biggest def...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Italy, Greece to po...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Indian MoD approves...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Germany contracts s...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Discovery Air secur...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _China testing new 6...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Bolivian Army showc...
- 10/31/17--17:00: _Analysis: Afghanist...
- 11/01/17--15:00: _Controp to supply V...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _US to begin buildin...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _Ukraine to purchase...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _TAI begins developm...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _South Korea launche...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _Indonesia falls beh...
- 10/31/17--17:00: Pakistan says it downed Indian surveillance UAV
- 10/31/17--17:00: Milrem announces rebrand, restructure
- 10/31/17--17:00: Leonardo expands investment in Australia
- 10/31/17--17:00: Kongsberg, thyssenkrupp form combat systems venture
- 10/31/17--17:00: Japan’s biggest defence companies post gains
- 10/31/17--17:00: Italy, Greece to police Montenegrin airspace
- 10/31/17--17:00: Indian MoD approves procurement of 111 utility helicopters for IN
- 10/31/17--17:00: Germany contracts second phase of Orion upgrade
- 10/31/17--17:00: Discovery Air secures ‘Red Air’ training contract for Canada
- 10/31/17--17:00: China testing new 6×6 amphibious armoured vehicles
- 10/31/17--17:00: Bolivian Army showcases new UAVs, apparently from China’s Yuneec
- 10/31/17--17:00: Analysis: Afghanistan’s AFV fleet continues to grow
- 11/01/17--15:00: Controp to supply Vietnamese Navy with EO/IR sensors
- 11/01/17--17:00: US to begin building Qatari F-15QA infrastructure
- 11/01/17--17:00: Ukraine to purchase more BTR-3DA IFVs
- 11/01/17--17:00: TAI begins development of ATAK 2 heavy attack helicopter
- 11/01/17--17:00: South Korea launches fourth and final LST-2 tank landing ship
- 11/01/17--17:00: Indonesia falls behind on payments for KFX/IFX programme
Russian Helicopters announced on 31 October that it had begun 'hot climate' trials in Pakistan of its Ansat lightweight multirole helicopter.
The Moscow-based helicopter manufacturer, which is part of Russian state holding company Rostec, said in a statement that the trials aim to confirm the
The Pakistani military announced on 27 October that it had shot down what it claimed was an Indian unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that entered Pakistani airspace across the line of control (LOC) in the disputed northern region of Kashmir.
Major General Asif Ghafoor, the head of the Inter-Services
NATO faces major challenges restoring its reinforcement capabilities, UK members of parliament (MPs) heard during an oral evidence session on US, NATO, and UK defence relations in Westminster on 31 October.
Elisabeth Braw, non-resident fellow at the Atlantic Council, said NATO lags behind Russia in
Estonia’s Milrem announced on 1 November that it has rebranded to Milrem Robotics.
The company is to focus on the development of robotic systems, such as the THeMIS, while its maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) business will be moved into a separate unit.
The announcement comes shortly
Leonardo is looking to expand further in Australia and is “absolutely open” to making additional acquisitions in the country, Michael Lenton, chairman of the group’s in-country subsidiary, Selex ES Australia Pty Ltd, told Jane’s on 31 October.
Leonardo is currently
Kongsberg and thyssenkrupp announced on 31 October that they had formed a joint venture company dedicated to conventional submarine combat systems.
The new company, to be called kta Naval Systems, will be 50% owned by Kongsberg and 50% by thyssenkrupp and its subsidiary, Atlas Elektronik. The
Japan’s biggest defence manufacturers, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI), have posted gains in the first six months of fiscal year 2017 compared with the same period in 2016.
MHI said on 31 October that its year-on-year sales jumped 4.3% to JPY1,825.4
The Greek and Italian air forces will soon begin policing Montenegrin airspace on a 15-day rotational basis, Montenegrin Defence Minister Predrag Boskovic said in an interview with the RTCG national radio and television service on 30 October. He added that Greek jets conducted a high-altitude test
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has approved the INR217.38 billion (USD3.35 billion) procurement of 111 twin-engine naval utility helicopters for the Indian Navy (IN).
Officials told Jane’s that the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), which is headed by Defence Minister Nirmala
The German Navy is moving ahead with the upgrade of its eight Lockheed Martin P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft (MPA), with the manufacturer announcing a USD158.5 million contract on 1 November.
The contract is for the second phase of a wider German P-3C upgrade effort that began in 2016 and is
Discovery Air has secured a 10-year deal to provide ‘Red Air’ training services to Canada under the Contracted Airborne Training Services (CATS) programme, the company announced on 31 October.
Under the contract Discovery Air Defence Services Inc. (DA Defence) will deliver CATS services
Images have emerged on online forums suggesting that China is testing new 6×6 amphibious armoured vehicles.
The photographs appear to show two very similar, but subtly different vehicles. The first vehicle seems to follow a fairly conventional 6×6 layout, with driver and commander at the
The Bolivian Army showcased its new unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) during a military exercise, ‘Paucarpata II’, on 27 October.
The Bolivian government has not revealed what type of UAV was acquired, but Jane’s has reviewed footage of a 14 October ceremony, during which President
As insurgent groups in Afghanistan intensify their attacks against government forces, the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) are seeking to enhance their level of protection and firepower by acquiring new armoured fighting vehicles (AFVs).
There have been two important AFV-related
Israeli electro-optics supplier Controp Precision Technologies has secured a contract to provide an electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) sensor system known as the iSea-40HD to the People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) Navy.
The contract is a follow-on order for a similar system made by the service
The United States is to begin building the infrastructure needed for Qatar’s future fleet of Boeing F-15QA Eagle fighter aircraft, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced on 1 November.
The agency disclosed that the US State Department has approved USD1.1 billion of building
The Ukrainian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has placed an order with the Kiev Armoured Plant for BTR-3DA vehicles, Ukraine-based industry sources reported on 30 October.
The order is for an unknown quantity of BTR-3DA infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs), a locally developed upgrade for the BTR family of
Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) announced on 31 October that it has begun domestic development of the ATAK 2 attack helicopter.
TAI began the project to build the six-tonne ATAK 2 domestically without foreign help based on technical knowledge and operational experience gained with the T129
South Korean shipbuilder Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) launched on 2 November the fourth and final LST-2 tank landing ship for the Republic of Korea Navy (RoKN) at its Ulsan dockyard, the company said in a press statement.
The 127 m-long vessel, which has been named Nojeokbong (with pennant number
Indonesia has paid only about 40% of its agreed costs on the joint project with South Korea to develop the KFX/IFX fighter aircraft
Lack of payments is leading to concerns in Seoul that the development programme could be suspended
Indonesia’s financial involvement in the