- RSS Channel Showcase 6402724
- RSS Channel Showcase 6400972
- RSS Channel Showcase 1057880
- RSS Channel Showcase 7065745
Articles on this Page
- 11/02/17--19:00: _Turkey decides on d...
- 11/05/17--16:00: _FIMI to acquire con...
- 11/05/17--16:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/05/17--16:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/05/17--16:00: _Airbus DS CEO calls...
- 11/05/17--17:00: _New weapons to acco...
- 11/05/17--18:00: _Nigerian Air Force ...
- 11/05/17--18:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/05/17--16:00: _Ground invasion is ...
- 11/05/17--16:00: _Bundeswehr studies ...
- 11/06/17--15:00: _Indian Army finalis...
- 11/06/17--15:00: _Australian Army com...
- 11/06/17--16:00: _Xi instructs PLA to...
- 11/06/17--16:00: _USAF mulls real-wor...
- 11/06/17--16:00: _South Korea conduct...
- 11/06/17--16:00: _Pentagon budget 201...
- 11/06/17--17:00: _Ukrainian Army rece...
- 11/06/17--17:00: _Indian Army launche...
- 11/06/17--17:00: _DM98 practice round...
- 11/06/17--17:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/02/17--19:00: Turkey decides on defence projects
- 11/05/17--16:00: FIMI to acquire control of ImageSat International
- 11/05/17--18:00: Nigerian Air Force reactivates first Bell 412
- 11/05/17--16:00: Bundeswehr studies worst-case scenarios on future of EU
- 11/06/17--15:00: Indian Army finalises procurement plan for assault rifles
- 11/06/17--15:00: Australian Army completes restructuring under Plan Beersheba
- 11/06/17--16:00: Xi instructs PLA to improve ‘readiness for war’
- 11/06/17--16:00: USAF mulls real-world OA-X combat demonstration
- 11/06/17--16:00: South Korea conducts live-firing of KM-SAM system
- 11/06/17--17:00: Ukrainian Army receives Kozak II APC
- 11/06/17--17:00: Indian Army launches new software to improve logistics
- 11/06/17--17:00: DM98 practice round makes Bundeswehr debut
- 11/06/17--17:00: Defence & Security 2017: Honeywell targets Southeast Asian expansion
The Executive Committee (EC) of Turkey’s Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) discussed 22 defence industry projects worth around USD5 billion during a meeting on 2 November.
A statement released by the SSM, chaired by Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, named the projects decided on without
Israeli private equity firm FIMI Opportunity Funds has entered into an agreement to acquire 53.6% of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) subsidiary ImageSat International (ISI), it was announced on 6 November.
FIMI will invest USD40 million into ISI, and in turn will purchase the new EROS C
Thales and Thailand’s Defence Technology Institute (DTI), the research and development (R&D) agency of the Thai Ministry of Defence (MoD), signed an agreement on 6 November to collaborate on defence R&D.
The memorandum of understanding (MOU), which was signed at the Defence &
BAE Systems is positioning its Type 31 multipurpose frigate to meet potential opportunities in the Royal Thai Navy (RTN) for additional surface combatants.
A spokesperson for the company told Jane’s on 6 November at the Defence & Security 2017 show in Bangkok that, if selected to fulfil
Dirk Hoke, CEO of Airbus Defence and Space (DS), the defence division of Airbus, has called for France and Germany to step up their schedule to jointly produce a common European air platform. “There is not much time to come to a final decision,” Hoke said on 3 November in griephan Briefe
Modern hardware will account for more than 60% of equipment in service with Russia`s armed forces, Deputy Defence Minister Yuri Borisov has said in an interview.
He told the Voyenno-Promishlennyi Kurier ( Military Industry Courier ) newspaper on 31 October that a level below 50% is considered an
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) commissioned a Bell 412EP helicopter at its Ikeja base in Lagos State on 1 November.
During the ceremony, NAF Chief of Staff Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar said the helicopter would be deployed in the northeast of Nigeria to support the campaign against the militant group
Thailand’s Defence Technology Institute (DTI), an agency under the Thai Ministry of Defence (MoD), is expected to adopt greater powers to support defence industrial development as part of its transitioning to an executive government agency.
DTI officials told Jane’s on 6 November that
The only way to “locate and destroy with complete certainty” all components of North Korea’s nuclear weapon programmes is through a ground invasion, the US Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said in a letter sent to US Congressman Ted Lieu on 27 October.
On behalf of the JCS, Rear
The Bundeswehr has studied the implications of worst-case scenarios for the future of the European Union, the German news magazine Der Spiegel reported on 4 November. The secret 102-page document, 'Strategic Perspective 2040', which dates from the end of February, is the first Bundeswehr study of
The Indian Army (IA) has finalised plans for its long-delayed acquisition of about 800,000 assault rifles, deciding to procure both imported and indigenously developed weapons.
IA Chief of Staff General Bipin Rawat told the Business Standard newspaper on 4 November that the service plans to acquire
The Australian Army’s (AA’s) 7th Brigade at Brisbane received the final tranche of 65 armoured personnel carriers (APCs) consisting of ASLAVs and M113AS4s, and three new M1A1 Abrams main battle tanks (MBTs), completing the restructuring process of a third and final brigade under Plan
Chinese President Xi Jinping has instructed the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) to improve its combat capability and readiness for war, according to a report by the state-owned Xinhua news agency.
"The Central Military Commission [CMC] should lead the armed forces to be ready to fight and
The US Air Force (USAF) is considering a second phase of its OA-X light attack experiment that could involve a real-world combat demonstration, perhaps somewhere in the Middle East, a senior service official said on 7 November.
Speaking under the Chatham House rule, the official said that with the
The Republic of Korea Air Force (RoKAF) has conducted its first live-fire drill of the Cheongung ('Celestial/Firmament') Korean medium-range surface-to-air missile (KM-SAM or M-SAM) since officially deploying the system, the Yonhap news agency reported on 2 November.
Several Cheongung Block-1
The White House on 6 November sent Congress a nearly USD6 billion supplement budget request to cover new ‘emergency’ funding for missile defence and additional troops for Afghanistan.
Under an emergency requirement, the request proposed USD2.1 billion for construction of another
The Ukrainian Army received a first tranche of 10 Kozak II armoured personnel carriers (APCs) on 31 October 2017, Scientific and Production Association Practika has announced.
The deliveries are part of a March 2017 contract for an unknown number of APCs. The Kozak II first entered service in 2015,
The Indian Army (IA) launched a new software application on 2 November to better manage and monitor logistics at the unit level and thus augment operational efficiency.
The Integrated Quarter Master Package (IQMP), which was developed by the Army Software Development Centre to replace outmoded
The German Army is due to receive its first Rheinmetall DM98 practice ammunition for its Leopard 2 main battle tanks by the end of the year, the company announced on 3 November.
This is part of a Bundeswehr order placed in September for 10,000 DM98 rounds.
Rheinmetall expects to receive an order
Honeywell Aerospace is targeting growth in Southeast Asia over the next couple of years by expanding its presence through partnerships with local companies, a company executive told Jane’s on 7 November.
Speaking at the Defence & Security 2017 exhibition in Bangkok, Ron Lopez, Honeywell