- RSS Channel Showcase 1036660
- RSS Channel Showcase 5618249
- RSS Channel Showcase 3772359
- RSS Channel Showcase 2662449
Articles on this Page
- 11/07/17--16:00: _MDA installs last o...
- 11/07/17--16:00: _Germany declares pr...
- 11/07/17--16:00: _First contract sign...
- 11/07/17--16:00: _BN commissions two ...
- 11/07/17--16:00: _Argentina finishes ...
- 11/07/17--17:00: _Qatar opens helicop...
- 11/07/17--17:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/07/17--17:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/07/17--17:00: _Azeri Heron UAVs se...
- 11/07/17--18:00: _Rostec to sell 49% ...
- 11/07/17--18:00: _Indian Army issues ...
- 11/07/17--18:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/08/17--13:00: _US conference repor...
- 11/08/17--14:00: _USAF acquisition of...
- 11/08/17--14:00: _US conference repor...
- 11/08/17--15:00: _Congressional autho...
- 11/08/17--16:00: _USN to kick off thr...
- 11/08/17--16:00: _USN to hold three-C...
- 11/08/17--16:00: _Shipbuilder touts U...
- 11/08/17--16:00: _German rapid reacti...
- 11/07/17--16:00: Germany declares preference for F-35 to replace Tornado
- 11/07/17--16:00: BN commissions two more Durjoy-class large patrol craft, says report
- 11/07/17--16:00: Argentina finishes deal to buy Super Etendards
- 11/07/17--17:00: Qatar opens helicopter simulator facility
- 11/07/17--17:00: Azeri Heron UAVs seen at new base
- 11/07/17--18:00: Rostec to sell 49% stake in High Precision Systems
- 11/07/17--18:00: Indian Army issues fresh RFI for Future Ready Combat Vehicle
- 11/08/17--14:00: US conference report authorises F-35 procurement boost
- 11/08/17--16:00: USN to hold three-CSG joint exercise in Western Pacific
- 11/08/17--16:00: Shipbuilder touts USN’s ‘parent design’ concept for new frigate
The US Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and Boeing have installed the last of a planned 44 homeland missile defence interceptors, part of the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) system, ahead of a year-end deadline, Boeing announced on 7 November.
“This interceptor includes features demonstrated
The German Air Force has a shortlist of existing platforms to replace its Panavia Tornados from 2025 to 2030, but the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) is the service’s “preferred choice", a senior service official said on 8 November.
Speaking under the
The Australian government has signed an AUD12.1 million (USD9.3 million) contract with Raytheon Australia for risk mitigation activities as the first stage in developing a short-range ground-based air defence (GBAD) capability for the Australian Army costing up to AUD2 billion.
Two more Durjoy-class large patrol craft have entered service with the Bangladesh Navy (BN), according to the Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) news agency. The service commissioned Nishan and Durgam in a ceremony presided over by Bangladeshi President Md Abdul Hamid at the Titumir naval base in
After long negotiations, the Argentine and French governments signed a contract for the Argentine Navy to buy five Dassault Super Etendard Modernisé (SEM) aircraft that were retired by French Naval Aviation.
The EUR12.5 million (USD14.5 million) contract includes a simulator and spare engines,
An AW139 helicopter simulation facility was officially opened at Qatar’s Al-Udeid Air Base during a visit by Turkish Defence Minister Nurettin Canikli on 5 November.
Havelsan, the Turkish company that built the facility, has previously announced that the project was launched in May 2013 and
The United Kingdom now regards Southeast Asia as its biggest growth market for defence and security sales, a regional executive of the UK’s Department for International Trade's Defence and Security Organisation (DSO) has told Jane’s .
Alexis Hammer, DSO’s director of the Americas
Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) is pitching to meet a Royal Thai Army (RTA) requirement for attack helicopters with its T129 ATAK platform, a company official told Jane’s at the Defence & Security 2017 show in Bangkok on 8 November.
Tamer Ozmen, TAI’s vice-president for corporate
Azerbaijan has based IAI Heron medium-altitude, long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) at a new airbase that has been constructed west of the capital, Baku. Digital Globe satellite imagery shows two Herons present on 16 September.
Earlier imagery indicates that Azeri forces began
State-owned Russian defence and industrial group Rostec announced on 7 November that it has begun to seek a buyer for a 49% share in weapons manufacturer High Precision Systems (Vysokotochnye Kompleksy).
The company’s activities in the defence sector, though focused on missiles and precision
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has invited responses by 20 December to its global request for information (RFI) to develop and build 1,770 multipurpose Future Ready Combat Vehicles (FRCVs) for the Indian Army (IA) to replace the service’s ageing fleet of T-72 main battle tanks (MBTs).
Russia is looking to secure additional helicopter sales to Thailand following the recent signing of a bilateral military-technology collaboration agreement, Jane’s understands.
Officials from Russian export agency Rosoboronexport told Jane’s on 8 November at the Defence & Security
The NDAA conference bill would kill the USAF’s proposed A11 space position
The bill also starts progress of the proposed Space Corps concept
The US Congress would kill one proposed US Air Force (USAF) space reorganisation plan while starting the progress of another under a deal
Top USAF acquisition official will not rule out future Minotaur 4 contracts under FAR 12
Small launch providers are critical of such a practice as it could undercut their businesses
The US Air Force’s (USAF’s) top acquisition official will not rule out the service’s
The FY 2018 defence authorisation bill would allow the purchase of 90 F-35s
This is 20 more than the Pentagon requested
The Pentagon would be authorised to buy 90 Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) aircraft, 20 more than requested, according to a deal worked
House and Senate defence authorisers have reached an agreement on the fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018) defence policy bill that boosts the US military’s size, adds oversight to services contracting, changes rules for buying commercial-off-the-shelf goods, and more.
Conferees reconciling the two
The USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), USS Nimitz (CVN 68), and USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) strike groups will commence a three-carrier strike force exercise in the Western Pacific on 11-14 November, the US Navy (USN) said in statement.
This is the first time three carrier strike groups have operated
Three US Navy (USN) carrier strike groups (CSGs) are set to conduct a combined strike force exercise in the Western Pacific from 11–14 October amid heightened tensions in the region over North Korea’s development and testing of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles.
The USN’s 7th
The US Navy (USN) made the right decision in using a ‘parent design’ template for its future Guided Missile Frigate (FFG[X]), said Michael Petters, the CEO of Huntington Ingalls Industries, a major USN shipbuilder and expected bidder for the new frigate contact.
In releasing the request
Two German divisions increased their readiness for NATO Article 5 collective security operations during Exercise ‘Vital Sword 2017’, in Wildflecken, Hesse, which ended on 9 November.
The five-week command post exercise involved the staff of the 1 German/Netherlands Corps high readiness