- RSS Channel Showcase 1536828
- RSS Channel Showcase 9219076
- RSS Channel Showcase 9515977
- RSS Channel Showcase 7658832
Articles on this Page
- 11/08/17--16:00: _Defence policy bill...
- 11/08/17--16:00: _Defence & Security ...
- 11/08/17--16:00: _CJTF-OIR airstrikes...
- 11/08/17--16:00: _Brazil orders more ...
- 11/08/17--17:00: _Three more nations ...
- 11/08/17--17:00: _Sweden selects PAC-3
- 11/08/17--17:00: _MBDA teams with Saf...
- 11/08/17--17:00: _Finland proposes jo...
- 11/08/17--18:00: _Yemeni rebels unvei...
- 11/08/17--18:00: _NATO to protect sea...
- 11/08/17--18:00: _NATO allies to incr...
- 11/09/17--14:00: _Pentagon aviation o...
- 11/09/17--15:00: _LAF highlights prob...
- 11/09/17--16:00: _UAE orders Gowind c...
- 11/09/17--16:00: _Serbia modernises O...
- 11/09/17--16:00: _Portugal allocates ...
- 11/09/17--16:00: _DAPA supports helic...
- 11/09/17--16:00: _Belgian air force m...
- 11/09/17--17:00: _Saudis says Iranian...
- 11/09/17--17:00: _Marand looks to exp...
- 11/08/17--16:00: CJTF-OIR airstrikes slow as Islamic State collapses
- 11/08/17--16:00: Brazil orders more Saab RBS 70 air defence systems
- 11/08/17--17:00: Three more nations join Danish-led NATO group to bulk purchase PGMs
- 11/08/17--17:00: Sweden selects PAC-3
- 11/08/17--17:00: MBDA teams with Safran to offer MMP to Australia
- 11/08/17--17:00: Finland proposes joint exercises with US
- 11/08/17--18:00: Yemeni rebels unveil anti-ship missiles
- 11/09/17--14:00: Pentagon aviation officers cite spare parts as a readiness challenge
- 11/09/17--15:00: LAF highlights problems with Super Tucano base
- 11/09/17--16:00: UAE orders Gowind corvettes
- 11/09/17--16:00: Serbia modernises Orao ground attack aircraft
- 11/09/17--16:00: Portugal allocates funds for modernization in 2018
- 11/09/17--16:00: DAPA supports helicopter offset projects
- 11/09/17--16:00: Belgian air force moves control and reporting centre
- 11/09/17--17:00: Saudis says Iranian ballistic missiles launched from Yemen
- 11/09/17--17:00: Marand looks to expand on LAND 400 work
The fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018) National Defense Authorization Bill calls for expanded US missile defences and requires a Pentagon plan for reaching 104 homeland defence interceptors, according to an 8 November summary of the reconciled bill.
House and Senate versions of the legislation, informally
Ukraine’s state-owned defence exports and industry agency UkrOboronProm is continuing discussions with the Royal Thai Army (RTA) over the supply and local production of the 8x8 BTR-4E armoured personnel carrier (APC), Jane’s has learnt.
The BTR-4E and China’s 8x8 VN-1 APC, made by
The number of airstrikes the Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve (CJTF-OIR) is carrying out against Islamic State militants dropped by about 60–70% in October compared with the average for the previous nine months, according to Brigadier General Andrew Croft, the
The Brazilian Army on 3 October awarded a third contract to Saab Dynamics for RBS 70 man-portable very short-range air defence systems (VSHORAD) as part of the force's Air Defence Strategic Program, the army told Jane’s on 8 November.
The contract, worth about BRL28 million (USD9 million),
Three more nations on 9 November joined NATO’s Smart Defence project that oversees joint purchases of precision guided munitions (PGMs). Among the trio is Finland, a NATO partner country whose inclusion sets a precedent for NATO’s other trusted partner countries to join the initiative as
Sweden has said it intends to procure the Patriot PAC-3 air defence system
A final decision on the procurement is to be made next year
The Swedish government announced its intention to acquire the Raytheon Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) air and missile defence system on 7
Safran has formed a partnership with MBDA in relation to the European missile system house’s bid to supply anti-tank guided missiles to the Australian Defence Force under the Land 400 phase 2 programme.
Safran will bring its PASEO modular advanced stabilised sighting system to the
Finnish Defence Minister Jussi Niinistö has suggested that military exercises with Sweden to be hosted by Finland in 2020 or 2021 include the United States. He made this offer at a first joint tripartite meeting attended by Swedish Defence Minister Peter Hultqvist and US Defense Secretary James
Yemen’s rebels have unveiled an anti-ship missile they claim to be producing.
The event confirmed they have Chinese C-801 missiles.
Yemen’s rebels unveiled what they said was an indigenously produced anti-ship missile called the Al-Mandab 1 on 6 November.
The event was
As expected, NATO defence ministers on 8 November approved an “outline design”, or preliminary plan, to expand its command and control structure with two new commands – one to protect the alliance’s Atlantic sea lanes and another to improve military transport logistics across
NATO defence ministers have agreed to increase the size of the ‘Resolute Support’ mission in Afghanistan and vowed to exert pressure “at the highest level” on Pakistan to cut off what they described as “safe-haven access across its territory for the Taliban”.
Pentagon aviation officers said readiness shortfalls hurt spare parts procurement
A shortage of spare parts keeps aircraft grounded
Pentagon aviation officers testified on 9 November that they could use additional funding to help shore up challenges involving spare parts for aircraft.
A lack of infrastructure at Hamat Air Base will limit the capabilities of the Lebanese Armed Forces’ (LAF’s) new A-29 Super Tucano strike aircraft, according to a presentation posted on the LAF website.
The presentation said there is an urgent need to build a parallel taxiway at the
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has ordered two Gowind corvettes and has an option for another two, it was announced on 9 November during a visit by French President Emmanuel Macron to Abu Dhabi.
The ships will be built by the French company Naval Group (formerly DCNS) in partnership with Abu Dhabi
The Serbian state-owned intermediary for defence equipment imports and exports, Yugoimport SDPR, and the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Military Technical Institute are working on the modernisation package they are proposing for twin-seat versions of the Soko Orao twin-jet subsonic ground attack and
Portugal has allocated EUR270 million (USD313 million) to support its ongoing equipment modernization in 2018, according to an official document seen by Jane’s . The figure is part of the EUR2.15 billion amount the government had budgeted for defence in 2018.
The country released its
South Korea’s Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) has outlined a requirement to secure defence offsets worth at least USD400 million in its programme to procure ship-based anti-submarine warfare (ASW) helicopters.
The procurement agency said that it is seeking to finalise a list
Work began at the future site of the Belgian air force's control and reporting centre (CRC), which will be moved from Glons to Beauvechain Air Base at the end of 2018. The building work is scheduled for completion in November 2018, with the CRC reaching its full operational capability in 2019.
Saudi Arabia has identified the Yemeni rebels' Burkan-2H as an Iranian-made ballistic missile
It has responded by tightening the blockade on rebel-controlled territory
Saudi Arabia has said that a ballistic missile that was launched from Yemen at Riyadh on 4 November had a range of
Australia’s Marand Engineering announced on 9 November that it was looking to expand its operations, should the company’s partner – BAE Systems and Patria – be awarded the Australian Army’s LAND 400 Phase 2 contract.
According to Marand, the company would be hoping to