Articles on this Page
- 11/09/17--16:00: _Nicaragua to hedge ...
- 11/09/17--16:00: _NDAA conference rep...
- 11/09/17--16:00: _Lockheed Martin dev...
- 11/11/17--16:00: _Dubai Airshow 2017:...
- 11/12/17--15:00: _UK looks to procure...
- 11/12/17--15:00: _Navistar pursues Vi...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _US’ Inhofe views co...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _US defence policy b...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _US conducts three-c...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _Ukraine confirms As...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _UK's national secur...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _Russian defence chi...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _HII works through F...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _Engine contract sig...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _Defence mandates dr...
- 11/12/17--16:00: _Airbus showcases ar...
- 11/12/17--17:00: _Ultra issues profit...
- 11/12/17--17:00: _Russian Aerospace F...
- 11/12/17--17:00: _QinetiQ establishes...
- 11/12/17--17:00: _EU to boost militar...
- 11/09/17--16:00: Nicaragua to hedge Russian, US aid in 2018
- 11/12/17--15:00: UK looks to procure Australian naval radar system
- 11/12/17--15:00: Navistar pursues Vietnam opportunities
- 11/12/17--16:00: Ukraine confirms Aselsan radio buy, will be locally assembled
- 11/12/17--16:00: UK's national security capability review delayed
- 11/12/17--16:00: Russian defence chief announces improvements in Russian armed forces
- 11/12/17--16:00: HII works through Ford class, eyes multicarrier deals
- 11/12/17--16:00: Defence mandates drive continued growth at CAE
- 11/12/17--16:00: Airbus showcases armed ISR variant of C295
- 11/12/17--17:00: Ultra issues profit warning as CEO departs and acquisition delayed
- 11/12/17--17:00: Russian Aerospace Forces to receive more Mi-28N attack helicopters
- 11/12/17--17:00: QinetiQ establishes UAE targets joint venture
The National Assembly of Nicaragua has approved ‘Decree 19-2017’ authorising foreign military personnel and platforms to enter the country, and continuing to seek patrons in Moscow and Washington.
The decree, announced on 9 November and viewed by Jane’s , covers the period from 1
Congress directs the US Air Force to develop a list of poor performing space contractors
Qualifications include felony convictions and award fee scores below 50%
The US fiscal year 2018 defence authorisation bill conference report includes a provision requiring the US Air Force (USAF)
Lockheed Martin developed a new training system for the USAF’s future search-and-rescue helicopter
It is based on capabilities from predecessor aircraft UH-60M, HH-60G, and other platforms
Lockheed Martin developed a new training system for the US Air Force’s (USAF’s)
Esterline is highlighting its integrated helicopter solution with a cockpit demonstrator at the Dubai Airshow as part of its strategy to build up its presence in the region, Jane’s has been told.
“The UAE is an important market segment for us as a region, we do have some helicopter
The United Kingdom is to look at the feasibility of procuring a radar system developed by Australian company CEA Technologies, Australian Minister for Defence Industry Christopher Pyne said on 10 November.
In a press release published by the Australian Department of Defence (DoD), Pyne said the
US military and industrial truck manufacturer Navistar has signed an agreement with its Vietnamese distributor Hoang Huy to support exports to Vietnam, the company said on 12 November.
Navistar said the memorandum of understanding (MOU), which is primarily geared to sales of commercial trucks, will
A key senator views the USAF flying commercial payloads on excess ICBM motor rockets as a revenue opportunity
He is next in line to a powerful committee chairmanship
A key senator supports the US Air Force (USAF) being able to fly commercial payloads on rockets derived from excess
Congress’ fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018) defence policy bill for the first time appears to allow a path for terminating a multi-billion-dollar project aimed at disposing weapon-grade plutonium.
The US Department of Energy (DoE) in FY 2018 once again requested that Congress terminate the Mixed
The US is flexing its ability to operate multiple carrier strike groups with partners in the Asia-Pacific region
Exercises have been conducted in the aftermath of recent missile provocations and hostile rhetoric from North Korea
Following recent missile tests in North Korea, a US Navy
The Ukrainian military announced on 10 November that it expects to have all combat military units equipped with Aselsan VHF radios between 2018 and 2020.
Chief of the Ukrainian Signal Corps, Major General Volodymyr Rapko made the announcement at a press conference, adding that forces would also be
The publication of the UK’s ongoing national security capability review has been delayed into 2018, the London media has reported. This was reportedly to allow the newly appointed UK defence secretary, Gavin Williamson, to read into his brief.
It had been expected that the security and
The build-up and development of the Russian armed forces over the past five years has been aimed primarily at increasing the combat capabilities of the army and navy, the Russian chief of defence staff and first deputy defence minister has said. Army General Valery Gerasimov told an open meeting of
As Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) works its way through the trio of Ford-class carriers already in the US Navy (USN) pipeline, company executives are hoping to get possible block buys for carriers.
First-of-class USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) is now going through systems testing in preparation
The US Department of Defense (DoD) has signalled the beginning of work on fighter procurement programmes for Bahrain and Qatar with the announcement of a USD643 million engine contract for General Electric (GE).
The seven-year Foreign Military Sales (FMS) contract, which was announced on 9
CAE’s defence division drove the integrated training and simulations provider’s growth during the second quarter (Q2) and bookings results suggest that trend could continue, the company reported on 10 November.
CAE’s sales hit CAD646 million (USD499 million) during the period, up
Airbus Defence and Space (DS) has showcased a new variant of its new C295 transport aircraft that has been equipped for the armed intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The platform, which was being displayed at the Dubai Airshow, was shown alongside a representative fitment of
UK firm Ultra Electronics is expecting a decline in revenues, according to a 10 November trading statement.
As a result of UK defence spending, the company is now expecting an organic revenue decline of “about 4%,” with total revenue projected to be GBP770 million (USD1.01 billion).
Another consignment of Mi-28N ‘Night Hunter’ attack helicopters will be delivered to the Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) for the beginning of the training year under the State Defence Order, the Ministry of Defence announced on 7 November.
Nearly 100 Mi-28Ns have entered service with the
QinetiQ announced on 12 November that it had launched a joint venture with the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE’s) Middle East General Enterprises (MGE).
Under the venture, the two companies will work together on building and developing aerial and maritime target drones, which will be used in
The European Commission is preparing to boost military mobility in the EU by helping its member states remove the physical, legal, and administrative barriers to rapid deployment across their territories. An action plan with specific recommendations would be presented in the spring of 2018, it said.