- RSS Channel Showcase 2044016
- RSS Channel Showcase 8410571
- RSS Channel Showcase 1714215
- RSS Channel Showcase 5046452
Articles on this Page
- 11/14/17--16:00: _USMC’s AAV7, ACV pr...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _UK rolls out new ex...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _UK consolidates Est...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _Slovakia to procure...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _Senior retired mili...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _MINUSMA faces new a...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _Meggitt announces n...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _Dubai Airshow 2017:...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _China’s Beihang Unm...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _Canada to provide 2...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _Bundeswehr deploys ...
- 11/14/17--16:00: _Antonov test flies ...
- 11/14/17--17:00: _Spain orders 155 mm...
- 11/14/17--17:00: _Elbit reports perfo...
- 11/14/17--17:00: _Denmark seeks preci...
- 11/14/17--18:00: _Pyongyang unlikely ...
- 11/14/17--18:00: _Myanmar Army remove...
- 11/15/17--15:00: _Dubai Airshow 2017:...
- 11/15/17--15:00: _China and Philippin...
- 11/15/17--16:00: _UAE base in Somalil...
- 11/14/17--16:00: UK rolls out new export initiative in Asia
- 11/14/17--16:00: UK consolidates Estonia battlegroup with additional armour
- 11/14/17--16:00: Slovakia to procure Patria AMVs without tender
- 11/14/17--16:00: Senior retired military officers slam UK defence policy
- 11/14/17--16:00: MINUSMA faces new air support issues
- 11/14/17--16:00: Meggitt announces new leadership from May 2018
- 11/14/17--16:00: Canada to provide 200 peacekeepers, aircraft to UN
- 11/14/17--16:00: Bundeswehr deploys MANTIS to Mali
- 11/14/17--16:00: Antonov test flies new UAS
- 11/14/17--17:00: Spain orders 155 mm shells
- 11/14/17--17:00: Elbit reports performance improvements in third quarter
- 11/14/17--17:00: Denmark seeks precision rifles
- 11/14/17--18:00: Myanmar Army removes Rakhine State commander
- 11/15/17--15:00: Dubai Airshow 2017: UAE signs for five C295 airlifters
- 11/15/17--15:00: China and Philippines sign defence industrial accord
- 11/15/17--16:00: UAE base in Somaliland under construction
The US Marine Corps’ (USMC’s) two-pronged amphibious vehicle modernisation effort will include some significant survivability upgrades to its legacy AAV7 amphibious assault vehicles, and be complemented with a new personnel carrier with mine resistant ambush protected (MRAP)-levels of
The UK government is rolling out a new initiative to boost exports in the Asia-Pacific and other key export markets.
The policy is framed around an offer to customers in these regions to support their own export efforts should they integrate more than 30% UK content on their defence and security
In early November, the 1st Battalion Royal Welsh Guards took over as the lead unit of NATO’s multinational Enhanced Forward Presence (eFP) battlegroup in Estonia. It took over from the 5 Battalion The Rifles, which deployed 800 troops to Estonia in March.
The battlegroup forms part of the 1st
The Slovak government on 15 November voted to select Finland's Patria to supply the Armoured Modular Vehicle (AMV) 8x8 chassis as the basis for a prototype for a new wheeled infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) for the Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic.
The Patria AMV was selected as the preferred
The entire British Army is “20 years out of date” and the Royal Navy’s (RN's) anti-submarine warfare capabilities are “inadequate”, according to testimony before a parliamentary committee by three senior retired UK military officers on 14 November.
The retired officers
The United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilisation Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) is facing a reduction in military air support due to the withdrawal of the Bangladesh Utility Aviation Unit (BANUAU) and the Ghana Aviation Unit (GHAV).
The BANUAU was deployed to Kidal with three Bangladesh Air
UK-headquartered defence and aerospace component manufacturer Meggitt PLC published a financial update on 14 November and revealed the appointment of a new chief executive.
Current Chief Executive Stephen Young announced that he is to retire at the end of April 2018, with Chief Operating Officer
Raytheon plans to integrate the SM-6 missile into the Patriot system
The SM-6 would replace the system's Lockheed Martin-built PAC-3 MSE interceptor and provide enhanced capabilities
Raytheon plans to integrate its RIM-174 Standard Extended Range Active Missile (ERAM), better known as
China’s Beihang Unmanned Aircraft System Technology unveiled on 13 November its TYW-1 strike-capable reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and what appeared to be a new version of the BZK-005 multirole medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) UAV at the company’s new factory in the
The Canadian government announced it will offer armed helicopters, transport aircraft, and up to 200 soldiers for UN peacekeeping missions but has not yet agreed on where those capabilities will be deployed.
The 200 soldiers will serve as a quick reaction force, Canadian officials said during the
The Bundeswehr is deploying parts of the Modular, Automatic, and Network capable Targeting and Interception System (MANTIS) counter-rocket, artillery, and mortar defence (C-RAM) system for the first time to Mali, the Bundeswehr announced on its website on 15 November.
This will improve the
The Ukrainian state-owned aircraft manufacturer Antonov has tested its new AN-BK-1 Horlytsia (Turtledove) multirole tactical unmanned aerial system (UAS), UkrOboronProm announced on 8 November.
Horlytsia was first revealed in August 2016.
The catapult-launched unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) has an
The Spanish government has given the go-ahead for a EUR55.9 million (USD66.2 million) order for locally produced high-performance 155 mm howitzer shells.
The cabinet decision came 18 years after the government set up an initial research and development programme to supply the ammunition.
Israeli defence electronics company Elbit Systems reported results for its third financial quarter on 14 November, including a 2.5% rise in revenue year on year. Sales for Q3 were USD800.7 million, up from USD780.8 million in the same period in 2016.
The company’s operating profit growth was
The Danish Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organisation (DALO) announced two separate requests for bids on 3 November, one for a short range Precision Sniper Rifle (PSR) and the other for a medium range Precision Rifle Medium (PRM).
DALO is seeking a PSR that is a semi-automatic rifle chambered
South Korean President Moon Jae-in has said that it will not be easy for North Korea to completely dismantle its nuclear capabilities in a short period of time, given that the country’s nuclear and ballistic missile programmes are at an advanced stage.
“That means North Korea would
The Myanmar Army has abruptly removed the head of its Western Region Command in Rakhine State amid an escalating crisis triggered by the mass exodus of Muslim Rohingya refugees into Bangladesh.
In an apparent reflection of anger at higher levels of command over intelligence failures, Major General
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has ordered five Airbus Defence and Space (DS) C295 tactical transport aircraft in a deal announced at the Dubai Airshow on 15 November.
The deal covers the C295W winglet-equipped aircraft that is now the baseline offering from the company, and will see deliveries
China and the Philippines have signed a defence industrial agreement that will pave the way for increased Chinese exports to the Southeast Asian country and associated technology transfers.
The memorandum of understanding (MOU) on defence industry co-operation was signed on 15 November in Manila
Construction of a United Arab Emirates naval base in the separatist region of Somaliland has begun, according to a UN report released on 8 November.
It was announced in February that Somaliland’s parliament had approved the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) request to establish a military