Articles on this Page
- 11/21/17--13:00: _Czech MoD completes...
- 11/21/17--14:00: _Poland purchases 1,...
- 11/21/17--14:00: _Northrop Grumman de...
- 11/21/17--14:00: _Bangladesh issues t...
- 11/21/17--15:00: _Pentagon Budget 201...
- 11/21/17--16:00: _Serbian NORA B-52 h...
- 11/21/17--16:00: _Redarc, Raytheon An...
- 11/21/17--16:00: _PSM outlines worksh...
- 11/21/17--16:00: _EU must reconcile b...
- 11/21/17--16:00: _Australia invests i...
- 11/21/17--17:00: _USAF commences Paci...
- 11/21/17--17:00: _US Navy Greyhound a...
- 11/21/17--17:00: _UK MoD has still no...
- 11/21/17--17:00: _India successfully ...
- 11/21/17--18:00: _Submarine emergency...
- 11/22/17--15:00: _US Army releases Mo...
- 11/22/17--15:00: _EU and national off...
- 11/22/17--16:00: _Saudi warships seen...
- 11/22/17--16:00: _Zimbabwe’s army dep...
- 11/22/17--16:00: _Vance AFB grounds T...
- 11/21/17--13:00: Czech MoD completes tracked armoured vehicle testing
- 11/21/17--14:00: Poland purchases 1,000 Warmate loitering munitions
- 11/21/17--14:00: Bangladesh issues tender for light armoured vehicles
- 11/21/17--16:00: Serbian NORA B-52 howitzer demonstrated in the UAE
- 11/21/17--16:00: Redarc, Raytheon Anschütz position for Australian naval projects
- 11/21/17--16:00: PSM outlines workshare offer to support Czech Puma bid
- 11/21/17--16:00: EU must reconcile big stake spending ambitions with SME access
- 11/21/17--16:00: Australia invests in supporting SME defence research projects
- 11/21/17--17:00: USAF commences Pacific deployment of F-35
- 11/21/17--17:00: US Navy Greyhound airlifter crashes in Philippine Sea
- 11/21/17--17:00: UK MoD has still not found full quote of savings
- 11/21/17--17:00: India successfully test fires BrahMos-A from Su-30MKI fighter
- 11/21/17--18:00: Submarine emergency exposes Argentina’s serviceability limitations
- 11/22/17--15:00: US Army releases Mobile Protected Firepower request for proposal
- 11/22/17--16:00: Saudi warships seen at Assab
- 11/22/17--16:00: Zimbabwe’s army deploys more vehicle types in Harare
- 11/22/17--16:00: Vance AFB grounds Texan II trainers due to oxygen concerns
The Czech Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 21 November that it has completed extensive field trials and technical tests of five tracked armoured vehicle platforms begun during the summer. The ministry stated that all platforms have fulfilled the necessary minimum requirements stipulated by the
On 20 November, the Polish Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with the Warsaw-based WB Group for the delivery of Warmate loitering munitions for Polish land, territorial defence, and special forces (SF).
“The contract is for 1,000 of these missiles – at least in the first
Northrop Grumman delivers its first operational Triton UAV to the US Navy
The company expects to deliver another aircraft by the end of 2017
Northrop Grumman recently delivered the first operational MQ-4C Triton unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to the US Navy facility at Point Mugu,
Bangladesh’s Directorate General Defence Purchase (DGDP) has issued a tender for the procurement of an undisclosed number of 4x4 light armoured vehicles (LAVs) to be deployed by the Bangladesh Army (BA) in UN peacekeeping missions.
First published on 7 November, the tender states that the
Senate defence appropriators recommend providing USD643.7 billion for fiscal year 2018
The base budget suggestion, USD581.3 billion, is above sequestration budget caps
US Senate defence appropriators on 21 November recommended providing USD643.7 billion for the Pentagon in fiscal year
Serbia’s Yugoimport SDPR defence import/export organisation tested and demonstrated the Nora-B52 M15 155 mm/52-calibre wheeled self-propelled howitzer in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 21 November, the Serbian Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced.
The NORA B-52 engaged targets at a distance
Australian firm Redarc Electronics has signed an agreement with Germany’s Raytheon Anschütz, a manufacturer and integrator of navigation and naval systems, to partner on future naval projects in Australia.
In a statement on 21 November, Redarc said the memorandum of understanding (MOU)
Projekt System & Management GmbH (PSM), the joint venture of Rheinmetall and Krauss-Maffei Wegmann, has offered the Czech Republic technology transfer, research and development assistance, and local production if the Puma infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) is selected to meet Prague’s
The eyes of Europe’s defence industry are now focused on the European Union’s (EU’s) preparations to launch the so-called ‘capability window’ of its European Defence Fund (EDF).
The views of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the sector, however –
Australia has announced new investment to boost the involvement of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in defence.
The Australian Department of Defence (DoD) said on 21 November that the funding will be worth AUD10 million (USD7.5 million) over 10 years and is intended to “inspire and
The US Air Force (USAF) first operational overseas deployment of the Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) is now up and running on the Japanese island of Okinawa, the US Pacific Command (USPACOM) announced on 21 November.
Twelve aircraft and more than 300 personnel from the
A US Navy (USN) Grumman C-2A Greyhound carrier onboard delivery (COD) aircraft with 11 personnel on board crashed into the Philippine Sea on 22 November, the service’s 7th Fleet announced.
The twin-turboprop transport was en route to the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) aircraft carrier when the
UK defence chiefs have still to identify GBP4 billion (USD5.3 billion) in efficiency savings two years after being set the target in the country's last strategic defence and security review (SDSR) in 2015.
UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) Permanent Secretary Stephen Lovegrove said on 21 November that
The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully test-fired the BrahMos-A (Air) supersonic cruise missile from a Sukhoi Su-30MKI multirole fighter on 22 November against a target off the country’s east coast in the Bay of Bengal.
The 2.5 tonne, two-stage, air-launched cruise missile (ALCM) was
The search for a missing submarine has exposed a number of serviceability issues among Argentina’s air and naval platforms
Argentina could only deploy one MAD-equipped MPA to search for the missing boat
The search procedures triggered by the disappearance of the Argentine TR
The US Army released its Mobile Protected Firepower solicitation
The service could buy as many as 504 vehicles
The US Army on 21 November released its highly-anticipated Mobile Protected Firepower (MPF) request for proposal (RFP).
MPF programme manager David Dopp told reporters in
EU and national policymakers are seriously mulling the idea of setting up a forward-looking defence research entity similar to the US government’s Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), EU and industry sources have informed Jane’s .
Locating it within the European Defence
Vessels from the Royal Saudi Naval Forces’ (RSNF’s) Gulf-based Eastern Fleet have been seen in the Red Sea port of Eritrea for the first time, satellite imagery has confirmed.
Two Badr-class corvettes and an Al-Jawf (Sandown)-class mine countermeasures vessel were present at Assab on 15
The range of armoured vehicles deployed by the Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) during Operation ‘Restore Legacy’ from 14 November has indicated a surprisingly high level of serviceability despite the country’s economic problems.
Only Chinese Type 89 armoured vehicles were seen on the
The US Air Force’s (USAF's) 71st Flying Training Wing has grounded its fleet of Beechcraft T-6A Texan II trainer aircraft following a series of physiological events affecting pilots.
The temporary suspension of flight activities was announced by Vance Air Force Base (AFB) in Oklahoma on 20