- RSS Channel Showcase 5329812
- RSS Channel Showcase 4384244
- RSS Channel Showcase 5179275
- RSS Channel Showcase 2837735
Articles on this Page
- 11/22/17--16:00: _Poland seeks survei...
- 11/22/17--16:00: _India to commission...
- 11/22/17--16:00: _DoD awards first Sa...
- 11/22/17--16:00: _BAE Systems propose...
- 11/22/17--17:00: _Submarine emergency...
- 11/22/17--17:00: _Oman inaugurates Pa...
- 11/22/17--17:00: _Australia reasserts...
- 11/22/17--17:00: _Algerian SR5 rocket...
- 11/23/17--14:00: _Israeli defence min...
- 11/23/17--15:00: _Japan’s Mitsubishi ...
- 11/23/17--16:00: _Hope lost of findin...
- 11/23/17--16:00: _Australia selects L...
- 11/23/17--16:00: _RAF Atlas takes ove...
- 11/23/17--16:00: _First G5 Sahel oper...
- 11/23/17--16:00: _Fincantieri awards ...
- 11/23/17--17:00: _UK aims to certify ...
- 11/23/17--17:00: _Turkey and Hungary ...
- 11/23/17--18:00: _QinetiQ opens new l...
- 11/26/17--16:00: _Supacat and Rheinme...
- 11/26/17--16:00: _Rostec reveals plan...
- 11/22/17--16:00: Poland seeks surveillance systems
- 11/22/17--16:00: India to commission ocean surveillance ship in 2018
- 11/22/17--16:00: DoD awards first Saudi LCS contract
- 11/22/17--17:00: Submarine emergency exposes Argentina’s serviceability limitations
- 11/22/17--17:00: Oman inaugurates Pars vehicles
- 11/22/17--17:00: Algerian SR5 rocket launchers spotted
- 11/23/17--14:00: Israeli defence minister requests more money to counter new threats
- 11/23/17--16:00: Hope lost of finding Argentine submarine crew alive
- 11/23/17--16:00: RAF Atlas takes over in Middle East
- 11/23/17--16:00: First G5 Sahel operation highlights problems
- 11/23/17--16:00: Fincantieri awards civil work in Australia to build capabilities
- 11/23/17--17:00: UK aims to certify P-8 by early 2019
- 11/23/17--17:00: Turkey and Hungary to explore defence-industrial co-operation
- 11/23/17--18:00: QinetiQ opens new laser research facility
- 11/26/17--16:00: Supacat and Rheinmetall go Dutch with LRV 400
- 11/26/17--16:00: Rostec reveals plan to support defence-related civilian technologies
The Polish Armament Inspectorate (AI) has issued two documents inviting industry to start a technical dialogue for two separate systems that would expand the current observation capabilities of the nation’s armed forces.
A document published on 30 October is for an onshore
India is set to commission its indigenously designed, missile-tracking ocean surveillance ship (OSS) in 2018 to support the country’s classified strategic weapon and ballistic missile defence (BMD) programmes, official sources have told Jane’s .
Designated VC11184 after the yard in the
The US Department of Defense (DoD) announced the first contract related to Saudi Arabia’s Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) programme on 22 November.
Awarded to Lockheed Martin, the USD22.7 million contract covers “services in support of foreign military sales” of the LCS to Saudi
BAE Systems said on 23 November that it has teamed with the UK government in offering to provide Australia with 5,000 ‘work years’ of technical design capability if the company is successful in its bid to supply the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) with next-generation frigates.
The search procedures triggered by the disappearance of the Argentine TR 1700-class submarine ARA San Juan , which went missing on 15 November, have revealed that several air and maritime platforms in Argentina’s inventory are currently out of service, with hollowed-out budgets leading to a
The Omani Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 21 November that the FNSS 8x8 Pars armoured vehicle has been inaugurated into service in an event attended by army command Major General Mattar bin Salim al-Balushi.
The MoD said the Pars was ordered in 2015 after it was selected from a group of
Australia’s first foreign policy White Paper in 14 years has confirmed Canberra’s belief that the United States will for the foreseeable future retain its significant global lead in military and soft power, but warns of China’s increasing capabilities and influence in the
Algeria’s National People’s Army (ANP) appears to have acquired Norinco SR5 multiple rocket launchers (MRLs).
The MENA Defense website published photographs on 19 November showing two SR5s on transporters that were purportedly part of a convoy carrying newly delivered systems in
Israel’s Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman has requested a significant unplanned increase to the defence budget, citing dramatic changes in the region, including the Russian military presence in Syria and the proliferation of guided weaponry.
The 20 November request is a departure from the
Mitsubishi Materials Corporation (MMC) – part of the Mitsubishi Group conglomerate – said on 23 November that three of its subsidiaries had falsified specification data for products, some of which had been delivered to the Japanese Ministry of Defense (MoD).
It is the second instance
Reports of an underwater explosion shortly after the last communication with ARA San Juan suggest the boat was lost on 15 November
Relatives of the boat’s crew have claimed the submarine had not been properly maintained
Hopes of rescuing the 44 crew members from the Argentine
German shipbuilder Lürssen has been selected as the preferred tenderer for a programme worth up to AUD4 billion (USD3.04 billion) to design and build 12 offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN), Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced on 24 November.
UK Royal Air Force (RAF) Airbus A400M Atlas airlifters have taken the lead in UK strategic and intra-theatre air transport operations across the Middle East.
The stepping up of the A400M’s operational tasking now sees it flying regular missions to the region from the UK air transport main
The G5 Sahel Joint Force’s first operation has come to an end, the French Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 22 November.
The MoD said Operation ‘Haw Bi’ (Black Cow) took place between 27 October and 10 November in the ‘triple border’ area where Mali, Niger, and
Italian naval shipbuilder Fincantieri is seeking to expand its presence in Australia by extending its commercial vessel supply chain to manufacturers in the country to better position itself to compete for the SEA 5000 Future Frigates programme, local press reports have indicated.
UK military aviation safety authorities hope to certify the Boeing P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft by early 2019, on time for it to enter Royal Air Force (RAF) service later that year.
The UK Military Aviation Authority (MAA) announced on 22 November that it expected experts collecting
Hungary’s defence minister Simicskó István travelled to Turkey on 23 November to begin a four-day visit aimed at strengthening relations between the two countries, including through greater defence-industrial co-operation.
István met with his Turkish counterpart Nurettin
British defence research establishment QinetiQ announced the opening of a new facility in Farnborough dedicated to advanced laser technology research on 24 November.
The new ‘centre of excellence’, named ‘Dragonworks’ by the company, will serve as a test facility for all
Supacat announced on 24 November that is has teamed with Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles (RMMV) to submit its Light Reconnaissance Vehicle 400 (LRV 400) for procurement programmes in the Netherlands and other countries in the region.
With a crew of three or four, the LRV 400 is designed to fill
Russian defence and industrial group Rostec announced a strategy to improve the technological capabilities of civilian industries associated with the country’s defence industry on 21 November.
The state-owned company, together with Russia’s Commissioner for Protection of