- RSS Channel Showcase 3580946
- RSS Channel Showcase 8156516
- RSS Channel Showcase 4211228
- RSS Channel Showcase 8798320
Articles on this Page
- 11/26/17--16:00: _Allies and EU count...
- 11/26/17--16:00: _IAF Kiran HJT-16 Mk...
- 11/26/17--16:00: _Cohort acquires sha...
- 11/26/17--16:00: _Australia’s Buccane...
- 11/26/17--16:00: _Argentina starts in...
- 11/26/17--16:00: _Air-launched BrahMo...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Turkish defence min...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _SSM opens tender fo...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Pakistan and Poland...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Lockheed Martin ass...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Latvia’s defence sp...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _EU’s future defence...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Brazilian M109A5 ho...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Spaceshot: New miss...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Berlin Security Con...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Three Chinese VTOL ...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Pakistan reaffirms ...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _New study urges swe...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Hensoldt to support...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _China commissions a...
- 11/26/17--16:00: IAF Kiran HJT-16 Mk1A trainer crashes shortly after take-off
- 11/26/17--16:00: Cohort acquires share of Portugal's EID
- 11/26/17--16:00: Australia’s Buccaneer cube satellite launched
- 11/26/17--16:00: Argentina starts inquiry on possible loss of submarine ARA San Juan
- 11/26/17--17:00: Turkish defence minister confirms 40% budget hike, details projects
- 11/26/17--17:00: SSM opens tender for Altay engine
- 11/26/17--17:00: Pakistan and Poland pursue aerospace co-operation
- 11/26/17--17:00: Lockheed Martin assembles third US Air Force GPS III satellite
- 11/26/17--17:00: Latvia’s defence spending to reach 2% of GDP in 2018
- 11/26/17--17:00: Brazilian M109A5 howitzer deliveries delayed until 2019
- 11/27/17--16:00: Three Chinese VTOL UAVs complete high-altitude testing
- 11/27/17--16:00: Pakistan reaffirms interest in acquiring T129 ATAK combat helos
- 11/27/17--16:00: China commissions another Type 056A corvette
While a number of NATO and EU countries are developing their cyber offensive capabilities, these will do little good if the provenance of cyber attacks against them cannot be precisely attributed.
And so far no one seems able to do that, as industry, military, and government officials openly
An Indian Air Force (IAF) Kiran HJT-16 Mk1A trainer crashed on 24 November about 56.3 km (35 miles) northeast of Air Force Station Hakimpet in the Indian state of Telangana.
The Indian government’s Press Information Bureau (PIB) said in a statement that the incident took place at around 14.15
UK-based Cohort has acquired a further 23.09% share in Portuguese company Empresa de Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Electrónica (EID), raising its stake to 80% of the total holding.
As of June 2016, Cohort owned a 56.9% share of the company, but also agreed at the time to acquire
Australia has announced the successful launch of its Buccaneer cube satellite, which will be used to help calibrate the country’s over-the-horizon Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN).
Developed by the Australian Department of Defence (DoD) and the University of New South Wales, the
Argentina appears to be starting inquiries over its likely loss of TR 1700-class submarine ARA San Juan , which disappeared on 15 November while en route back to its base at Mar del Plata.
Two separate hydrophones detected underwater sound anomalies, consistent with an explosion, in the expected
Following the Indian Air Force’s (IAF’s) first successful test launch of the BrahMos-A (Air) supersonic cruise missile from a Sukhoi Su-30MKI multirole fighter, India is seeking to finalise development of the lighter BrahMos NG variant by 2019, according to a 26 November report by the
The Turkish Ministry of Defence (MoD) budget will see a 40% increase for fiscal year 2018 (FY18) compared with FY17, the defence minister has told parliament.
Turkey has allocated an additional TRY10 billion (USD2.5 billion) for the MoD and TRY8 billion for the Fund to Support the Turkish Defence
The Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) announced the opening of the tender on 24 November for the development of the engines of the Altay main battle tank.
The SSM said on its website that five companies have been invited to bid: Tümosan, BMC Otomotiv, Figes Fizik, Istanbul
Pakistani and Polish industry are furthering their industrial defence ties, having conducted the second meeting within a week to discuss potential ways in which the two nations can collaborate on a number of technology areas.
On 24 November, commander of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), ACM Sohail
Lockheed Martin assembled its third GPS III satellite
This is part of the process towards delivering the satellite to the USAF
Lockheed Martin in August fully integrated the US Air Force’s (USAF's) third Global Positioning System (GPS III) satellite into a complete space vehicle,
Latvia has for the first time increased its defence spending in line with the NATO-mandated 2% of gross domestic product (GDP), committing an additional EUR126.8 million (USD151.2 million) year-on-year into its 2018 budget.
The Saeima has increased the 2018 defence budget to EUR576.34 million,
The proposed budgetary numbers for the EU’s forthcoming European Defence Fund (EDF) to finance defence capability prototyping and demonstration are clear. However, its rules governing non-EU eligibility and access to the fund for the EU’s smaller countries remain more than murky, say
Delivery of 16 M109A5+BR self-propelled howitzers to the Brazilian Army, planned for 2018, has been postponed until 2019.
All 32 modernised vehicles are now to be received in the first half of 2019, the army told Jane’s . Initially 16 were scheduled for delivery in 2018 and the remainder in
A new Russian missile test complex was constructed at Kapustin Yar during 2014–16. It consists of a large secure facility and is connected by road to a possible launch site
The test complex was possibly used for the December 2016 flight test of a Nudol anti-satellite missile
Lockheed Martin does not expect the current difficulties in forming a new German government to have too much of an effect on its efforts to sell its CH-53K King Stallion heavy-lift helicopter into the country.
Speaking to Jane’s in late November ahead of the Berlin Security Conference (BSC),
Three Chinese vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) have successfully conducted high-altitude tests on the Tibetan Plateau (also known as the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau), according to a 24 November report by the state-owned China Daily newspaper.
The paper quoted the
Pakistan's Minister for Defence Production, Rana Tanveer Hussain, has reaffirmed his country’s plans to acquire 30 Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI)/AgustaWestland (AW) T129 ATAK combat helicopters, according to the Ankara-based Anadolu Agency.
During a visit to Turkey the minister told the
Faced with unprecedented security challenges, NATO must accelerate the speed of its political and military decision making, deeply revise how it identifies and implements capability requirements, and come up with a new strategic concept by 2019, urges a new multi-author study by Globsec, the
German defence electronics supplier Hensoldt has signed a co-operation agreement with South Korean defence group Huneed Technologies to support the adoption of Mode 5 identification friend or foe (IFF) systems by the South Korean military.
“We are committed to bringing the latest technology
China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) commissioned its latest Jiangdao-class (Type 056A) corvette on 28 November, according to a report published on the service’s navy81.cn website.
Named Suining (with pennant number 551), the 89 m-long vessel entered service at a ceremony