- RSS Channel Showcase 8479851
- RSS Channel Showcase 1410790
- RSS Channel Showcase 5327112
- RSS Channel Showcase 1858245
Articles on this Page
- 10/18/17--17:00: _UK looks to replace...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _RAF Typhoon jets to...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _NZDF procuring Barr...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _NATO’s cyber securi...
- 10/18/17--17:00: _Mattis opposed to C...
- 10/19/17--16:00: _Colombian Army Avia...
- 10/19/17--16:00: _Allegations of rigg...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _Textron expands US ...
- 10/19/17--16:00: _EU leaders await ne...
- 10/19/17--16:00: _ADEX 2017: South Ko...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _Turkey reopens tend...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _Thales’ defence sal...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _South Korea seeking...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _SIGAR: Afghans acco...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _NATO urged to rapid...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _Kuwait to get ‘all-...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _Korean Air, Boeing ...
- 10/19/17--17:00: _ADEX 2017: Saab tou...
- 10/19/17--18:00: _Textron reports fal...
- 10/19/17--18:00: _Germany and France ...
- 10/19/17--18:00: _Dozens killed in se...
- 10/19/17--19:00: _Turkey carries out ...
- 10/19/17--19:00: _RoKA highlights rol...
- 10/19/17--19:00: _Malian Air Force to...
- 10/19/17--19:00: _Kalashnikov Group u...
- 10/18/17--17:00: UK looks to replace Desert Hawk mini UAV
- 10/18/17--17:00: RAF Typhoon jets to receive collision awareness system
- 10/19/17--16:00: Colombian Army Aviation receives new Cessna 208
- 10/19/17--16:00: EU leaders await next formal step in November leading to PESCO
- 10/19/17--16:00: ADEX 2017: South Korea no longer favours Viking ASW solution
- 10/19/17--17:00: Turkey reopens tender for Altay MBT engines
- 10/19/17--17:00: Thales’ defence sales down in third quarter
- 10/19/17--17:00: South Korea seeking to boost protection of military facilities
- 10/19/17--17:00: NATO urged to rapidly absorb AI into its command and control
- 10/19/17--17:00: Kuwait to get ‘all-new’ Abrams, not upgrade existing tanks
- 10/19/17--17:00: Korean Air, Boeing propose Chinook upgrade collaboration
- 10/19/17--18:00: Textron reports falling income in Q3
- 10/19/17--18:00: Germany and France agree on details of joint C-130J squadron
- 10/19/17--18:00: Dozens killed in series of militant attacks across Afghanistan
- 10/19/17--19:00: Turkey carries out first test firing of Atmaca anti-ship missile
- 10/19/17--19:00: Malian Air Force to procure more aircraft
- 10/19/17--19:00: Kalashnikov Group upgrades AK-103 assault rifle
British Army chiefs are hoping that the upcoming war fighting development experiment will generate the replacement for its fleet of 221 Lockheed Martin Desert Hawk Mk 3 mini-unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Senior army officers involved in intelligence, surveillance, targeting, acquisition, and
UK Royal Air Force (RAF) Eurofighter Typhoon combat aircraft are to receive a collision awareness system to help reduce the possibility of mid-air collisions involving both civilian and military aircraft.
UK procurement officials are in the process of finalising a contract with an unnamed supplier
The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) announced on 18 October that it is entering an agreement to buy two new weapons: the Barrett M107A1 anti-materiel weapon and the Barrett Multi-Role Adaptive Design (MRAD) sniper rifle.
A total of 40 M107A1s and 42 MRADs will be bought at a cost of NZD4 million
Officials at the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA), the alliance’s cyber and information and communications technology (ICT) procurement wing, say they intend to push down the cost of NATO’s contracted cyber security products and services by, among other things, targeting
US Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis is concerned with congressional efforts to continue some key Pentagon re-organisation efforts in the coming year.
In a 17 October letter, viewed by Jane's , to the chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate armed services committees, Mattis highlighted
The Colombian Army Aviation Air Assault Division (DAVAA) has received a new Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX that was officially commissioned into service on 17 October, a DAVAA officer told Jane’s .
The officer said the aircraft arrived the previous day following a ferry flight from the United
The Turkish parliament on 12 October endorsed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on co-operation between the Turkish and Spanish navies on a controversial project to build the multipurpose landing helicopter dock (LHD) TCG Anadolu at a Turkish shipyard under licence from Navantia of Spain.
Textron Systems Marine and Land Systems was awarded a USD333 million firm-fixed-price contract for up to 255 more Mobile Strike Force Vehicles (MSFVs) for the Afghan National Army.
The deal includes “related fielding hardware and field representative services”, with specifics to be
Gathering in Brussels on 19 October, European leaders said they expect formal notification in November of those EU countries that will join and invoke so-called permanent structured co-operation in defence by the end of 2017. They also signalled they want to approve by the end of the year a new
South Korea is now looking at other options besides refurbished S-3 Vikings to fulfil its anti-submarine warfare (ASW) mission, with Lockheed Martin telling Jane's that the surplus aircraft do not have the capabilities required for the country's latest requirements.
Speaking on 18 October at the
The Turkish Defence Industries Undesecretariat (SSM) released a request for proposals (RFP) on 18 October for the local development of a power pack for the Altay main battle tank (MBT). The deadline for interested companies to deliver their proposals is 22 December.
“The aim of the tender is
French defence and transportation company Thales revealed details of its third quarter performance on 19 October, reporting sales of EUR3.1 billion (USD3.7 billion) for the period, a 2.9% fall year on year.
Defence & Security remained Thales’ largest segment in Q3 2017, with sales of
The Republic of Korea Army (RoKA) has signed an agreement with the Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology (KICT) to co-operate in the development of construction technologies aimed at boosting the protection of military installations in South Korea amid heightened tensions over
Afghans account for nearly half of all foreign military trainees that have gone absent without leave (AWOL) since 2005 while training in the United States (152 of 320), according to a 19 October report by the US Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction (SIGAR).
The report notes that 83
NATO advisers and industry are urging the allies to rapidly absorb artificial intelligence software into their militaries’ observe, orient, decide, act (OODA) loop or risk seeing the latter collapse in the face of adversaries’ increasingly sophisticated artificial intelligence
Kuwait has decided to acquire a new fleet of 218 upgraded M1A2 Abrams main battle tanks rather than upgrade its existing ones, a US State Department official has told Jane’s .
The official was clarifying a 16 October announcement by the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) that said
Korean Air and Boeing have signed an agreement to collaborate on upgrading the Republic of Korea Armed Forces’ Boeing CH-47D Chinook heavy-lift helicopters.
Under the memorandum of understanding (MOU), signed at the ADEX exhibition in Seoul on 19 October, Boeing and Korean Air’s
Saab is promoting its GlobalEye airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) and Swordfish maritime patrol aircraft (MPA) for separate requirements that it expects to be issued by the South Korean government.
Briefing at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX) 2017,
US defence and aerospace manufacturer Textron Inc reported results from the third quarter of its financial year on 19 October, showing strong revenue growth but a mark contraction in profits.
The company generated total revenues of USD3,484 million in the three months to 30 September, a 7.2% rise
The deputy chiefs of defence staff of France and Germany signed an agreement on 18 October setting the foundations for co-operation in air transport, the German Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 19 October. The agreement was signed by French Admiral Philippe Coindreau and German Vice Admiral
Dozens of Afghan security personnel have been killed and hundreds others injured in a recent wave of militant attacks targeting military bases and police compounds in several Afghan provinces.
One of the deadliest attacks took place in the evening of 18 October when Taliban insurgents attacked an
Admiral Ahmet Çakir, navy technical commander of the Turkish Naval Forces Command, officially confirmed on 16 October that the Atmaca (Hawk) anti-ship guided missile developed by Roketsan had been test fired for the first time, without giving a date.
Addressing a naval systems seminar in
The Republic of Korea Army (RoKA) has said that it is confident of its capabilities to quickly destroy North Korea's frontline artillery systems in the event of a war on the Korean Peninsula, according the Yonhap news agency.
The media outlet reported that in a document drafted for the South Korean
Mali will receive a second Airbus Defense and Space C295 transport aircraft to supplement the one that was delivered in late 2016, the Armed Forces of Mali (FAMa) has cited President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita as saying.
A FAMa statement released on 5 October provided a summary of comments the
The Kalashnikov Group, a subsidiary of the Rostec state corporation, has modernised the AK-103 assault rifle chambered for the 7.62×39/M43 round.
The updated firearm, designated AK-103M, has a reinforced upper receiver, the entire length of which is fitted with a MIL-STD-1913 rail for modern