- RSS Channel Showcase 1355907
- RSS Channel Showcase 7658530
- RSS Channel Showcase 7909651
- RSS Channel Showcase 5226438
Articles on this Page
- 11/26/17--17:00: _SSM opens tender fo...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Pakistan and Poland...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Lockheed Martin ass...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Latvia’s defence sp...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _EU’s future defence...
- 11/26/17--17:00: _Brazilian M109A5 ho...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Berlin Security Con...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Three Chinese VTOL ...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Pakistan reaffirms ...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _New study urges swe...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Hensoldt to support...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _China commissions a...
- 11/27/17--16:00: _Berlin Security Con...
- 11/27/17--17:00: _Thales acquires UK ...
- 11/27/17--17:00: _Putin discusses Sta...
- 11/28/17--15:00: _LCS meets milestone...
- 11/28/17--15:00: _China on the brink ...
- 11/28/17--16:00: _SIG Sauer withdraws...
- 11/28/17--16:00: _Polish short-range ...
- 11/28/17--16:00: _NORINCO and Myanmar...
- 11/28/17--16:00: _Chinese tank destro...
- 11/28/17--16:00: _China looks to quan...
- 11/28/17--17:00: _US forces hopeful A...
- 11/28/17--17:00: _Berlin Security Con...
- 11/28/17--18:00: _Berlin Security Con...
- 11/26/17--17:00: SSM opens tender for Altay engine
- 11/26/17--17:00: Pakistan and Poland pursue aerospace co-operation
- 11/26/17--17:00: Lockheed Martin assembles third US Air Force GPS III satellite
- 11/26/17--17:00: Latvia’s defence spending to reach 2% of GDP in 2018
- 11/26/17--17:00: Brazilian M109A5 howitzer deliveries delayed until 2019
- 11/27/17--16:00: Three Chinese VTOL UAVs complete high-altitude testing
- 11/27/17--16:00: Pakistan reaffirms interest in acquiring T129 ATAK combat helos
- 11/27/17--16:00: China commissions another Type 056A corvette
- 11/27/17--17:00: Thales acquires UK radar provider
- 11/28/17--15:00: LCS meets milestones, operational needs
- 11/28/17--15:00: China on the brink of AI breakthroughs, says US think tank
- 11/28/17--16:00: SIG Sauer withdraws from tender for G36 replacement
- 11/28/17--16:00: NORINCO and Myanmar look to boost collaboration
- 11/28/17--16:00: Chinese tank destroyers exercise in Djibouti
- 11/28/17--16:00: China looks to quantum technologies to boost naval programmes
The Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) announced the opening of the tender on 24 November for the development of the engines of the Altay main battle tank.
The SSM said on its website that five companies have been invited to bid: Tümosan, BMC Otomotiv, Figes Fizik, Istanbul
Pakistani and Polish industry are furthering their industrial defence ties, having conducted the second meeting within a week to discuss potential ways in which the two nations can collaborate on a number of technology areas.
On 24 November, commander of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), ACM Sohail
Lockheed Martin assembled its third GPS III satellite
This is part of the process towards delivering the satellite to the USAF
Lockheed Martin in August fully integrated the US Air Force’s (USAF's) third Global Positioning System (GPS III) satellite into a complete space vehicle,
Latvia has for the first time increased its defence spending in line with the NATO-mandated 2% of gross domestic product (GDP), committing an additional EUR126.8 million (USD151.2 million) year-on-year into its 2018 budget.
The Saeima has increased the 2018 defence budget to EUR576.34 million,
The proposed budgetary numbers for the EU’s forthcoming European Defence Fund (EDF) to finance defence capability prototyping and demonstration are clear. However, its rules governing non-EU eligibility and access to the fund for the EU’s smaller countries remain more than murky, say
Delivery of 16 M109A5+BR self-propelled howitzers to the Brazilian Army, planned for 2018, has been postponed until 2019.
All 32 modernised vehicles are now to be received in the first half of 2019, the army told Jane’s . Initially 16 were scheduled for delivery in 2018 and the remainder in
Lockheed Martin does not expect the current difficulties in forming a new German government to have too much of an effect on its efforts to sell its CH-53K King Stallion heavy-lift helicopter into the country.
Speaking to Jane’s in late November ahead of the Berlin Security Conference (BSC),
Three Chinese vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) have successfully conducted high-altitude tests on the Tibetan Plateau (also known as the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau), according to a 24 November report by the state-owned China Daily newspaper.
The paper quoted the
Pakistan's Minister for Defence Production, Rana Tanveer Hussain, has reaffirmed his country’s plans to acquire 30 Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI)/AgustaWestland (AW) T129 ATAK combat helicopters, according to the Ankara-based Anadolu Agency.
During a visit to Turkey the minister told the
Faced with unprecedented security challenges, NATO must accelerate the speed of its political and military decision making, deeply revise how it identifies and implements capability requirements, and come up with a new strategic concept by 2019, urges a new multi-author study by Globsec, the
German defence electronics supplier Hensoldt has signed a co-operation agreement with South Korean defence group Huneed Technologies to support the adoption of Mode 5 identification friend or foe (IFF) systems by the South Korean military.
“We are committed to bringing the latest technology
China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) commissioned its latest Jiangdao-class (Type 056A) corvette on 28 November, according to a report published on the service’s navy81.cn website.
Named Suining (with pennant number 551), the 89 m-long vessel entered service at a ceremony
Europe must maintain its unity and solidarity if it is to head off the greatest challenges that it has faced since the end of the Cold War, a senior Swedish minister said on 28 November.
Speaking at the Berlin Security Conference at which Sweden is this year’s partner nation, the
Thales has completed the acquisition of radar developer Aveillant, it announced on 28 November, adding further counter-unmanned aerial vehicle (C-UAV) capability to its portfolio.
The Cambridge, UK-based radar company has been marketing its software-defined holographic radar technology for a number
Russian President Vladimir Putin conducted a series of meetings with the military and defence industry executives in Sochi on 20–23 November to discuss the new Gosudarstvennaya Programma Vooruzhenii (State Armament Programme, GPV) and the GPV which is nearing completion. The new GPV will be
The US Navy (USN) fleet of littoral combat ships (LCSs) is proving its combat worth in operational theatre and meeting milestones for testing and module deployment, according to a talking-point paper updated this month by the LCS Programme Executive Office.
“SE [Southeast] Asia deployments
China is on the verge of major industrial and technological breakthroughs in artificial intelligence (AI) that could support efforts of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) to surpass the capabilities of the United States military, a US-based think tank has said in a newly published paper.
German small arms manufacturer SIG Sauer has withdrawn from the tender to replace the G36 assault rifle. The company claims the technical requirements for the new rifle are tailored to G36 producer Heckler & Koch and thus sees little or no chance of winning the competition. Heckler & Koch is
Poland’s new Narew short-range missile defence system could reach its initial operational capability within two years, the country’s defence minister has said.
During a 23 November press conference while visiting the 3rd Air Defence Brigade in Sochaczew, where he saw the Surface-to-Air
The China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) and the Myanmar Armed Forces (MAF) have pledged to expand collaboration with a view to expanding defence trade and related technologies.
NORINCO announced the expanding partnership in a press release on 28 November, although the agreement was secured
China has deployed at least two ZTL-11 8x8 amphibious tank destroyers to Djibouti, it was revealed when photographs and TV footage were released showing a live-firing exercise carried out by the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) Marines detachment now based in the country on 23 November.
The China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) and the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) have signed a landmark agreement to collaborate on quantum technologies supporting the development of advanced naval mission systems.
Under the joint programme, the two parties will
USFOR-A believes new auditing systems, among other efforts, can help stem systemic corruption in the ANDSF
The Afghan government appears to have bought into the US strategy, but it is less clear if Pakistan has
The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) are being
Lockheed Martin has its sights set on Germany as it targets three key upcoming requirements for the Bundeswehr.
Promoting its presence at the Berlin Security Conference (BSC) on 29 November, Lockheed Martin showcased its offerings for three programmes for the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) and Navy
Industry is waiting on the German government to sign the capability paper required to kick-start the launch of a multinational programme to replace the navy’s ageing Westland Mk 88A Sea Lynx helicopters, Jane’s was told on 29 November.
Speaking at the Berlin Security Conference (BSC),