- RSS Channel Showcase 8347531
- RSS Channel Showcase 3582782
- RSS Channel Showcase 2608190
- RSS Channel Showcase 3409538
Articles on this Page
- 11/19/17--16:00: _Russia’s A-100 AWAC...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _Russia launches Bor...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _Proposals submitted...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _Aero completes deve...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _USN provides more f...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _US donates transpor...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _Indian Navy to rece...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _India's MoD cancels...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _Helibras modernises...
- 11/19/17--16:00: _Australia’s second ...
- 11/19/17--17:00: _Virgin Orbit secure...
- 11/19/17--17:00: _US military advanta...
- 11/19/17--17:00: _Netherlands plans t...
- 11/19/17--17:00: _Chinese navy quietl...
- 11/19/17--17:00: _China unveils two a...
- 11/20/17--15:00: _MBDA Inc appoints n...
- 11/20/17--16:00: _US, Afghan forces t...
- 11/20/17--16:00: _Serbia acquires cap...
- 11/20/17--16:00: _India extends deadl...
- 11/20/17--16:00: _Foreign investment ...
- 11/20/17--16:00: _China’s DF-41 ICBM ...
- 11/20/17--17:00: _Slovakia receives n...
- 11/20/17--17:00: _Germany’s Aircraft ...
- 11/20/17--17:00: _China claims major ...
- 11/20/17--18:00: _USAF Talon jet trai...
- 11/19/17--16:00: Russia’s A-100 AWACS makes maiden flight
- 11/19/17--16:00: Russia launches Borey-A SSBN and begins development of Borey-B
- 11/19/17--16:00: Proposals submitted for serial production of Altay tank
- 11/19/17--16:00: Aero completes development of new L-39CW-variant Albatros
- 11/19/17--16:00: USN provides more frigate details to prospective bidders
- 11/19/17--16:00: US donates transport vehicles to Colombian Navy
- 11/19/17--16:00: India's MoD cancels Israeli Spike ATGW tender
- 11/19/17--16:00: Helibras modernises two helicopters for Brazilian Army
- 11/19/17--16:00: Australia’s second Air Warfare Destroyer begins sea trials
- 11/19/17--17:00: Virgin Orbit secures first Pentagon contract
- 11/19/17--17:00: US military advantage over China, Russia eroding, says JCS chairman
- 11/19/17--17:00: Chinese navy quietly commissions more ships
- 11/19/17--17:00: China unveils two armed A-Hawk VTOL UAV models
- 11/20/17--15:00: MBDA Inc appoints new vice-president
- 11/20/17--16:00: US, Afghan forces target Taliban drug production facilities
- 11/20/17--16:00: Serbia acquires capability to overhaul M-84 MBT
- 11/20/17--16:00: India extends deadline for naval UAV RFI
- 11/20/17--16:00: Foreign investment committee approves Ultra’s Sparton purchase
- 11/20/17--16:00: China’s DF-41 ICBM could enter service in 2018, says report
- 11/20/17--17:00: Germany’s Aircraft Philipp Group to manufacture Chinook parts
- 11/20/17--17:00: China claims major boost in defence electronics capability
- 11/20/17--18:00: USAF Talon jet trainer crashes
Russia has flown its first prototype A-100 Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS) aircraft based on the upgraded Ilyushin Il-76MD-90A (Il-476) airframe, it was announced on 20 November.
The A-100 Premier, as the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the Russian Federation named it, made its maiden
The first new Borey-A ballistic missile submarine (SSBN) variant for the Russian Navy was launched on 17 November.
Three project 955 Borey-class SSBNs are currently in service. The first of the Borey-A variants, Knyaz Vladimir , was laid down in July 2012 in a ceremony attended by Russian President
Otokar, Nurol Holding-BAE Systems joint venture FNSS, and BMC, which is 49% owned by the Qatari Armed Forces Industry Committee (AFIC), submitted proposals to the Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) on 16 November for the production of 250 Altay third-generation main battle tanks
Aero Vodochody has completed development of a new variant of its L-39 trainer and light attack aircraft designated the L-39CW, the company announced on 20 November.
The L-39CW involves retrofitting an existing L-39 with a more powerful and more efficient Williams International FJ44-4M jet engine as
Although the cost for the new US Navy frigate (FFG[X]) will be an important consideration, the service will put more weight on other combined ship and programmatic attributes, US Navy (USN) officials told prospective bidders on 17 November.
“Non-price factors, when combined, are considered
The Colombian Navy received eight Navistar MV7000 vehicles donated by the United States on 17 November.
Reportedly worth a total of USD1.3 million, the vehicles can carry up to 24 troops or serve as cargo vehicles with a capacity of five tonnes and feature a turret for a machine gun.
The Indian Navy (IN) will receive the first of two submarine rescue systems (SRSs) from UK-based company JFD in March 2018, senior IN officials told Jane’s on 20 November.
The INR4 billion (USD62 million) deal for the supply of the two third-generation, 30-tonne SRSs was signed in mid-2015,
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has cancelled the USD1 billion tender it had negotiated with Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defence Systems for Spike anti-tank guided weapon (ATGW) systems for the Indian Army (IA), official sources told Jane’s .
Instead, under the government’s
Helibras, the Brazilian subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters, has completed the modernisation of two more helicopters for the Brazilian Army, the company reported on 20 November.
The aircraft, one AS365 Panther K2 and one H125M Fennec, will be returned to the army’s 1st and 2nd Aerial Battalions,
The second Air Warfare Destroyer (AWD) on order for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) has begun its first phase of sea trials ahead of the ship’s expected delivery to the service in mid-2018.
This first phase of sea trials, which will take place over the coming weeks, will test the propulsion,
The Pentagon awarded Virgin Orbit its first DoD contract
The company uses a unique air-launched delivery method
Small rocket developer Virgin Orbit secured its first Pentagon contract when it was awarded a deal as part of the US Air Force’s (USAF) Space Test Program (STP).
The US military advantage against so-called near-peer competitors such as China and Russia is eroding, according to the Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford.
Speaking at Tufts University's Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy in Massachusetts on 14
The new Dutch government sworn in at the end of October plans to spend EUR5 billion (USD6 billion) more on defence over its four-year term in office, Defence Minister Ank Bijleveld-Schouten has said. The extra funding will be used to reduce personnel shortages in the fire support and ground-based
Photographs recently emerged in Chinese online forums suggesting that China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) commissioned its latest Jiangdao-class (Type 056/056A) corvette on 16 November.
A local news report posted on the Weixin website about the commissioning of Guangyuan ,
The state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) unveiled two models of its A-Hawk series of strike-capable, reconnaissance vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) at the 12-16 November Dubai Airshow 2017.
The multi-rotor A-Hawk I and A-Hawk II UAVs were
Nancy DiCarlo has joined MBDA Inc as its new vice-president of strategic business development, where she will be responsible for the long-term strategy of the weapons manufacturer.
DiCarlo moves to MBDA from the US Missile Defense Agency, where she was director of international affairs and
US and Afghan forces launched a series of strikes on 19-20 November against Taliban-linked drug production facilities in an effort to cut off the revenue streams of the insurgent group, according to the NATO-led ‘Resolute Support’ mission.
The forces conducted combined operations to
The Serbian Army's Technical Overhaul Institution (Tehnicki Remontni Zavod, TRZ) located in Cacak is very close to acquiring the capability to conduct the general overhaul of its M-84 main battle tank (MBT), a military commander has said.
In an interview published in the 15 November issue of the
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has extended its deadline to 21 November for overseas vendors to respond to its global request for information (RFI) for 50 naval shipborne unmanned aerial systems (NSUASs) for the Indian Navy (IN).
First issued on 10 October the RFI states that the
Ultra Electronics’ planned acquisition of Sparton Corporation has been approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, concluding that there are no unresolved national security concerns with regards to the transaction.
Anti-trust clearance is now required, and Ultra has
China's Dong Feng-41 (DF-41) intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) could enter service as early as the first half of 2018, the state-owned Global Times newspaper reported on 19 November following media reports stating that the ICBM possibly underwent another test a few weeks ago.
Slovakia has received a new version of the Armoured Modular Vehicle (AMV) XP from Patria for the joint programme with Finland to develop an 8×8 infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) for the Slovak armed forces, the Finnish company announced in a press release on 17 November.
Patria told Jane's on 21
Boeing and Aircraft Philipp Group have announced the signing of a five-year contract that will see the latter manufacture parts for the CH-47 Chinook rotorcraft in Germany.
To be manufactured in facilities in Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg specifically, the new deal will see Aircraft Philipp
China’s industrial base now manufactures more than 85% of the key electronic components integrated onto Chinese military platforms, a senior government official in Beijing has claimed.
Diao Shijing, director of information technology at the Chinese government’s Ministry of Industry and
A Northrop T-38 Talon jet trainer aircraft of the US Air Force (USAF) crashed on 20 November, killing one of the two crew members and injuring the other.
The twin-seat jet came down approximately 23 km northwest of its home station of Laughlin Air Force Base (AFB) in Texas. While one of the crew