- RSS Channel Showcase 9190244
- RSS Channel Showcase 4555981
- RSS Channel Showcase 1356882
- RSS Channel Showcase 6923804
Articles on this Page
- 08/14/17--17:00: _Russia’s Northern F...
- 08/14/17--17:00: _US prepares first B...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _India’s Reliance si...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _Hensoldt completes ...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _Estonia orders Saab...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _El Salvador to rece...
- 08/16/17--17:00: _Boustead and Rheinm...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _USN commissions Lew...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _Lebanon receives fi...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _General Atomics’ Gr...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _Canada to deploy Ho...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _BAE Systems looks t...
- 08/17/17--16:00: _Australia marks mai...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _UK ceases training ...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Serbia solves short...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Putin hints at defe...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Poland opens tender...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Nigeria activates n...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Minsk and Moscow is...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Malaysia appoints n...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Japanese navy helic...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _India approves Apac...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Controversy surroun...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Chinese Xian H-6K w...
- 08/17/17--17:00: _Bundeswehr plans fi...
- 08/14/17--17:00: US prepares first Black Hawk deliveries to Afghanistan
- 08/16/17--17:00: India’s Reliance signals name change
- 08/16/17--17:00: Hensoldt completes EuroAvionics deal
- 08/16/17--17:00: Estonia orders Saab training systems
- 08/16/17--17:00: El Salvador to receive UH-1Hs from Taiwan
- 08/16/17--17:00: Boustead and Rheinmetall to form Malaysian joint venture
- 08/17/17--16:00: USN commissions Lewis B Puller expeditionary sea base
- 08/17/17--16:00: Lebanon receives first Bradleys
- 08/17/17--16:00: Canada to deploy Hornet fighters to Romania
- 08/17/17--16:00: BAE Systems looks to F-35 global support growth
- 08/17/17--16:00: Australia marks maiden 'in-service' flight of PC-21 trainer
- 08/17/17--17:00: UK ceases training Syrian rebels
- 08/17/17--17:00: Serbia solves shortages with professionals
- 08/17/17--17:00: Putin hints at defence budget cuts
- 08/17/17--17:00: Poland opens tenders for new light vehicles
- 08/17/17--17:00: Nigeria activates new Mobile Strike Teams
- 08/17/17--17:00: Malaysia appoints new submarine force commander
- 08/17/17--17:00: India approves Apache procurement for army
- 08/17/17--17:00: Chinese Xian H-6K with refuelling probe suggests new missions
- 08/17/17--17:00: Bundeswehr plans first deployment of MANTIS to Mali
On 9 August, Russia’s Northern Fleet, the most powerful of its four fleets, began a special large-scale exercise as a preparatory phase of the 'Zapad 2017' joint drill scheduled for 14-20 September, the fleet has announced.
An indicator of the importance of the exercise is that it is
The United States is on course to deliver the first batch of four Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopters to Afghanistan in the coming weeks.
NATO announced on its Resolute Support Facebook page on 15 August that, with the first aircraft now tested and ready for delivery, the remaining three
Indian company Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) has said it plans to change its name to Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited (RNEL) to better reflect its core activities.
The company, a subsidiary of the Reliance Infrastructure group, said it would seek shareholder approval for the
German defence and security sensor house Hensoldt has completed the acquisition of Pforzheim-based EuroAvionics; a provider of avionics systems for helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
The completion of the purchase – first announced in May – was announced on 17 August.
The Estonian armed forces have ordered BT46 training systems from Saab for the nation's army for delivery in 2018, the Swedish company announced on 16 August.
The systems will be used by the mechanised brigade, regiments, and at the infantry school. The contract includes BT46 systems for
Taiwan has donated four Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation (AIDC)-built Bell UH-1H helicopters to reinforce the El Salvadoran Air Force’s fleet.
The Taiwanese government only required that El Salvador pay to ship the helicopters, which is about USD2 million.
Malaysian company BHIC Defence Technologies (BHICDT), a subsidiary of Boustead Heavy Industries Corporation (BHIC), has signed a joint venture (JV) agreement with RD Investment AG (RDI), a firm owned by Rheinmetall Defence.
In a filing to the Bursa Malaysia stock exchange on 16 August BHIC said the
The US Navy (USN) on 17 August commissioned USS Lewis B Puller (ESB 3) expeditionary sea base at Khalifa bin Salman Port in Al Hidd, Bahrain.
Originally it was to be a non-commissioned but active US naval ship, but it was decided to place Lewis B Puller under command of a naval officer.
The United States handed over the first eight of 32 Bradley M2A2 infantry fighting vehicles to the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) on 14 August, in a ceremony held at Beirut's port.
Speaking during the ceremony, US Ambassador Elizabeth Richard said the Bradleys represented an investment of more than
General Atomics’ Gray Eagle-Extended Range flies for 42 consecutive hours
This is an improvement of nearly 68% on its Gray Eagle predecessor
General Atomics on 6 August performed a 42-hour endurance flight with its Gray Eagle Extended Range (GE-ER) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Canada is to send four Boeing CF-18 Hornet fighters to Romania in September, replacing the equivalent number of UK Eurofighter Typhoons that have been performing air policing duties for the past four months.
The Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) announced on 16 August that four Hornets,
BAE Systems aims to win 10% of the global business supporting Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) customers around the world, according to company executives.
Glyn Jones, BAE Systems' F-35 Development Director, told Jane’s on 16 August that the company is having
Australia has marked the first 'in-service' flight of the Pilatus PC-21 that the country acquired under the Project AIR 5428 pilot training programme.
A symbolic first in-service flight of the twin-seat turboprop trainer, made by the chief of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), Air Marshal Leo
Teams of British soldiers training Syrian rebels to fight the Islamic State have been withdrawn from Turkey and Jordan, a senior defence source knowledgeable about the controversial project has told Jane’s .
Michael Fallon, the UK defence secretary, announced in October 2016 that up to 20
The Serbian Army will have an additional 968 professional soldiers, while 46 new officers will take up command duties by the end of this year, Aleksandar Vulin, the recently appointed defence minister, announced on 16 August.
During a visit to the Serbian Army’s Logistic Training Centre in
Cuts are envisaged in Russia's forthcoming state budget in 2018 due to defence reductions, but will these not affect the re-equipment of the army and navy, President Vladimir Putin has said. The president made the remarks in a meeting on 15 August with Vladimir Vasiliev, parliamentary leader of the
Poland has reopened the tender for Mustang 4x4 vehicles, while at the same time Polish airmobile units also look for specialised airmobile troop carriers with trailers.
The most important tender is for Mustang 4x4 light multipurpose vehicles to be delivered in 2019-22. Poland is looking for 872
The Nigerian Army has activated new Mobile Strike Teams (MSTs) under Operation 'Lafiya Dole': the military campaign against Boko Haram militants in the northeast of the country.
During a ceremony held on 15 August, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, the operation's theatre commander, said
On 15 August, Moscow belatedly followed Minsk's invitation in July to arms inspectors and defence attachés from NATO and non-NATO countries, and international organisations, to view the stages of the 'Zapad 2017' joint strategic exercise on its territory. Russia is in the midst of processing
The Royal Malaysian Navy has appointed a new submarine force commander
The leader will oversee continuation of several recently announced initiatives to improve submarine operational safety in the region
The Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) has appointed Captain Abdullah Sani as the
A Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) CH-101 helicopter that was conducting vertical replenishment (VERTREP) drills on 17 August at the service’s base in Iwakuni, Yamaguchi Prefecture, has crashed.
The accident took place at about 14:20 h local time as the aircraft was hovering close to
India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has approved the INR41.7 billion (USD651.3 million) import of six Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters for the Indian Army (IA).
The six helicopters, which were approved on 17 August, are part of an option of 11 that was included in an INR139.5
A recent report has asserted that North Korea's successful ICBM tests in July were facilitated by Ukrainian rocket motor technology
Official Ukrainian sources have denied the assertion
A publicly released assessment of North Korea's recent tests of intercontinental ballistic missiles
A vague image of a Xian Aircraft Corporation H-6K with a nose-mounted refuelling probe suggests additional missions may be in store for this much-modified 65-year-old medium bomber design, which first flew in 1952 as the Soviet-era Tupolev Tu-16.
Appearing for the first time on 15 August on a
The Bundeswehr is planning to deploy the Modular, Automatic and Network capable Targeting and Interception System (MANTIS) counter-rocket, artillery and mortar defence (C-RAM) system for the first time to Mali, Jane's has learned.
Deployment of MANTIS in the “sense and warn”