- RSS Channel Showcase 9890724
- RSS Channel Showcase 8487497
- RSS Channel Showcase 6149398
- RSS Channel Showcase 6746833
Articles on this Page
- 08/27/15--17:00: _Update: Yemeni ball...
- 08/27/15--17:00: _Taiwan conducts fir...
- 08/27/15--17:00: _MAKS 2015: Russian ...
- 08/27/15--17:00: _MAKS 2015: KRTV add...
- 08/27/15--17:00: _India launches late...
- 08/27/15--17:00: _ATT signatories con...
- 08/30/15--17:00: _Pampa III takes fir...
- 08/30/15--17:00: _New US research ves...
- 08/30/15--17:00: _Last Brazilian Army...
- 08/30/15--17:00: _Honduras hosts disa...
- 08/30/15--17:00: _Denel confirms Seek...
- 08/30/15--17:00: _Airbus H125 confirm...
- 08/30/15--18:00: _China previews new ...
- 08/31/15--17:00: _Top lawmaker raises...
- 08/31/15--17:00: _Raytheon gets secon...
- 08/31/15--17:00: _IN to get more Mk 5...
- 08/31/15--22:00: _First Australian P-...
- 08/31/15--22:00: _F-22s arrive in Ger...
- 08/31/15--17:00: _French Air Force la...
- 08/31/15--17:00: _DLS, ViaSat to deli...
- 08/27/15--17:00: Taiwan conducts first Apache live-firings
- 08/27/15--17:00: MAKS 2015: Russian Mi-28Ns to receive N025 radars in 2016
- 08/27/15--17:00: MAKS 2015: KRTV adds IR seeker to Kh-58UShK anti-radiation missile
- 08/27/15--17:00: India launches latest military comms satellite
- 08/27/15--17:00: ATT signatories conclude first conference
- 08/30/15--17:00: Pampa III takes first flight, could soon add Elbit HMD
- 08/30/15--17:00: New US research vessel completes acceptance trials
- 08/30/15--17:00: Last Brazilian Army SPAAGs arrive in Rio de Janeiro
- 08/30/15--17:00: Honduras hosts disaster relief exercise
- 08/30/15--17:00: Denel confirms Seeker 400 delivery
- 08/30/15--17:00: Airbus H125 confirmed as Argentine Lama's replacement
- 08/31/15--17:00: Top lawmaker raises concerns on KC-46A delays
- 08/31/15--17:00: Raytheon gets second contract for Qatari ADOC
- 08/31/15--17:00: IN to get more Mk 54 lightweight torpedo kits
- 08/31/15--22:00: First Australian P-8s on contract
- 08/31/15--22:00: F-22s arrive in Germany for training
- 08/31/15--17:00: French Air Force launches new Air Warfare Centre
- 08/31/15--17:00: DLS, ViaSat to deliver new MIDS-LVT systems to US Navy
The continuation of ballistic missile attacks has further undermined Saudi Arabia's claims that it and its allies had successfully destroyed Yemen's surface-to-surface missile capability since the outset of the military operation they launched in late March.
Saudi Arabia confirmed on 26 August that
The Republic of China Army (RoCA) confirmed on 27 August that it has conducted the first live-fire drills of its recently acquired Boeing AH-64E Apache attack helicopters.
According to the RoCA, the drill included test-firing AGM-114L Hellfire missiles and AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles.
Russia's Mi-28N Night Hunter attack helicopters will receive the N025 mast-mounted radar from 2016, an industry source told IHS Jane's at MAKS 2015.
"The military is completing the tests of the N025 radar on three helicopters. Starting next year, it will be produced serially for mounting on
Russia's Tactical Missiles Corporation (KTRV) company demonstrated for the first time at the MAKS 2015 air show its upgraded version of the Kh-58UShK anti-radiation missile featuring an imaging infrared (IIR) channel.
This missile intended to be integrated into the internal weapons bays of Russia's
India launched a multi-media communication satellite on 27 August that is intended to augment its military's network-centric warfare (NCW) capabilities.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched the GSAT-6 aboard the three-stage, indigenously developed Geo-Synchronous Satellite Launch
Signatory nations to the UN's Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) concluded their first formal conference on 27 August, selecting Geneva as the site for the ATT's secretariat and confirming the participation of the defence industry as an observer to its work.
The three days of negotiations in Cancun, Mexico,
Argentina's FAdeA IA-63 Pampa III advanced training aircraft took its first flight earlier in August, officials announced.
The Pampa III, provided through an upgrade programme by Israeli company Elbit Systems, maintains the general characteristics of the Pampa II, but incorporates two
A new US Navy (USN) oceanographic research vessel has completed acceptance trials, officials announced on 27 August.
RV Neil Armstrong (AGOR 27), lead ship of a new class of auxiliary general oceanographic research vessels, passed the series of in-port and underway tests conducted by the USN's
The last eight of 34 Krauss-Maffei Wegmann Gepard 1A2 self-propelled anti-aircraft guns (SPAAGs) acquired from German Army surplus disembarked in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on 31 August.
After completing an official receipt process, the vehicles, which are the sixth batch received, will conduct a
Exercise 'Fuerzas Aliadas Humanitarias' ('FA-HUM') 2015 officially began on 27 August in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, and runs through 4 September to practise humanitarian and disaster relief operations.
The US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM)-sponsored event includes eight regional participants, plus
The annual report of South Africa's Denel group states that its Seeker 400 unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) system has completed its flight test programme and has entered production for "our local customer".
The South African Air Force has not confirmed that it is re-establishing a UAV
The Argentine Ministry of Defence affirmed that a memorandum was signed for the acquisition of 12 Airbus H125 Ecureuil helicopters to succeed the army's and air force's Eurocopter (Aerospatiale) SA 315B Lama fleets, which have been in use for more than 35 years.
The H125 single-engine light utility
Rehearsals in late August for the 3 September parade in Beijing commemorating the 70th anniversary of Japan's surrender in China provided the first views of some new missiles in the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Second Artillery Corps' service.
If the parade includes the same kit as the rehearsal,
Repeated delays of the KC-46A programme have attracted the attention of a top senator
John McCain has warned the Pentagon that the delays could prevent the aircraft's timely delivery to the fleet
The Chairman of the US Senate Armed Services Committee told Secretary of Defense Ashton
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems has been awarded a second contract related to Qatar's air defences, the US Department of Defense (DoD) announced on 31 August.
Worth USD175 million, the new contract follows the initial USD75.6 million contract awarded in November 2014 to carry out preliminary
The US Department of Defense (DoD) has awarded Raytheon a USD29.75 million contract that includes the delivery of Mk 54 Mod 0 Lightweight Torpedo (LWT) kits to the Indian Navy.
The contract, which was announced on 31 August, covers the manufacture and delivery (plus engineering and repair services
The first four of eight Boeing P-8 Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft for the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) have been placed on contract, according to a 27 August Pentagon announcement.
Boeing has received a USD1.49 billion contract modification for four full-rate production (FRP) Lot II P-8A
Four USAF F-22s arrived at Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany on 28 August
The aircraft are part of the ERI to assuage allies' concerns of recent Russian activity
Four US Air Force (USAF) Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor combat aircraft arrived at Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany on 28 August,
The French Air Force officially launched its new air warfare centre on 1 September at Mont-de-Marsan air base.
The new centre consolidates the former Centre d'Expériences Aérienne Militaire (CEAM) with the Centre d'Entraînement Tactique (Centac), which was traditionally in charge of
The US Navy (USN) awarded Data Link Solutions (DLS) and ViaSat indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contracts totaling more than USD870 million for production and maintenance of new Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) Low Volume Terminals (LVT) that enable platforms to join a