- RSS Channel Showcase 4425302
- RSS Channel Showcase 6706428
- RSS Channel Showcase 8308832
- RSS Channel Showcase 8307412
Articles on this Page
- 06/29/17--16:00: _US House appropriat...
- 06/29/17--16:00: _US authorisers diff...
- 06/29/17--16:00: _Rheinmetall Defence...
- 06/29/17--16:00: _Germany and Norway ...
- 06/29/17--16:00: _Canadian forces to ...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _USMC wants unmanned...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _US ICBM fleet now c...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _Ukraine reportedly ...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _Singapore Armed For...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _RAF pushed by heavy...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _NATO, EU to step up...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _NATO defence minist...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _Kenya takes deliver...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _European allies and...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _End of Islamic Stat...
- 06/29/17--17:30: _UK confident ahead ...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _Volunteer military ...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _Syrian chemical att...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _New Indra strategy ...
- 06/29/17--17:00: _Mexican Navy launch...
- 06/29/17--16:00: US House appropriators endorse repeal of sweeping war authorisation
- 06/29/17--16:00: US authorisers differ on F-35 funding
- 06/29/17--16:00: Rheinmetall Defence Australia announces new partnerships
- 06/29/17--16:00: Germany and Norway formally join NATO tanker fleet
- 06/29/17--16:00: Canadian forces to stay in Iraq until 2019
- 06/29/17--17:00: USMC wants unmanned vehicles to learn, fix themselves autonomously
- 06/29/17--17:00: US ICBM fleet now compliant with US-Russia New START Treaty
- 06/29/17--17:00: Ukraine reportedly close on agreement to receive US weaponry
- 06/29/17--17:00: Singapore Armed Forces gears up for heightened terrorism threat
- 06/29/17--17:00: RAF pushed by heavy operational demands, but has more to give
- 06/29/17--17:00: NATO defence ministers approve new capability targets
- 06/29/17--17:00: Kenya takes delivery of AH-1 Cobras
- 06/29/17--17:00: End of Islamic State's 'caliphate' approaches
- 06/29/17--17:30: UK confident ahead of F-35B and Queen Elizabeth integration trials
- 06/29/17--17:00: Syrian chemical attack warning worked, says Mattis
- 06/29/17--17:00: New Indra strategy to focus on defence
- 06/29/17--17:00: Mexican Navy launches new coastal patrol vessel
The US House Appropriations Committee has recommended a USD658.1 billion fiscal year 2018 Pentagon budget in legislation that would, surprisingly, repeal the extensive legal authority that underpins many ongoing US military campaigns.
This budget includes USD584.2 billion in discretionary base
US lawmakers responsible for authorising spending propose different levels for the F-35
They'll have to work out difference, final funding limits could be lower
United States lawmakers responsible for authorising defence spending disagree on how much to allow for procuring the Lockheed
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) has announced teaming agreements with a host of locally based small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as it looks to strengthen its bid for the Australia military requirement for armoured vehicles under Land 400 Phase 2.
RDA said on 29 June that its agreements
Germany and Norway have formally joined the European Multinational Multi-Role Tanker Transport Fleet (MMF) of pooled Airbus Defense and Space (DS) A330 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft, the company announced on 29 June.
The two nations signed a Memorandum of Understanding at NATO HQ in
The Canadian counter-Islamic State mission in Iraq will continue until March 2019, Minister of National Defence Harjit Sajjan announced on 29 June.
The effort, known as Operation IMPACT, began in October 2014 with airstrikes from Boeing CF-18 (F/A-18) fighter aircraft. Those aircraft were
The US Marine Corps (USMC) Warfighting Laboratory hopes to develop "small, smart, and cheap" unmanned systems, according to the director of the laboratory's Science, Technology and Experiment Division.
Intended to act in a network, the next-generation of unmanned systems must first be
The US Air Force (USAF) announced its nuclear missile force is compliant with the 2011 New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START) between the United States and Russia.
On 2 June the last of 50 Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) were removed from the launch facility at the FE
Announcements by Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko and other reports from 21 to 22 June state that Washington will soon be providing Ukraine with defensive weaponry. This would be a marked change from the policy of the preceding Obama administration, which for more than three years had rebuffed
The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) will increase its ability to deal with terrorism-related contingencies by expanding the use of its reserve troops in homeland security operations alongside its regular and active conscript forces from July 2017.
The new initiative was announced by Defence Minister
While the UK Royal Air Force (RAF) is being stretched, it can maintain the global operations currently being undertaken and retains some spare capacity for unforeseen contingencies, the chief of the service told Jane's on 28 June.
Speaking ahead of the 2017 Air Power Conference in London, Chief of
Nearly a year after their July 2016 joint pledge in Warsaw to co-operate in 42 areas, NATO and the European Union are finally starting to deepen their cyber defence collaboration in concrete ways, said officials from both organisations. Serious hiccups still afflict each side, however, with the
NATO defence ministers meeting in Brussels on 29 June agreed to new capability targets as part of their collective defence stance, while launching several new multination equipment initiatives.
"This is about delivering more high-end capabilities such as aircraft that can operate in heavily
The Kenya Air Force (KAF) has received Bell AH-1F Cobra attack helicopters that were donated by Jordan, a source close to the KAF has told Jane's . The source declined to state how many aircraft are being transferred to Kenya.
Kenya's acquisition of at least one Cobra was revealed in May, when
NATO and allied defence ministers have agreed to increase the size and extend the mandate of their 'Resolute Support' training mission in Afghanistan to 2020, although the exact troop numbers of the increase remain fuzzy.
"I can confirm we will increase our presence in Afghanistan," NATO
The Islamic State holds less than 2 sq km of Mosul, Iraq, with the coalition expecting to reclaim the city within days
Islamic State leadership has fled Raqqa, Syria, and the group no longer has a central city for running its organisation
Three years after the Islamic State declared
The UK "is in a very good place" as it prepares for the start of carrier trials of its Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) towards the end of next year, the chief of the Royal Air Force (RAF) told Jane's on 28 June.
Speaking days after the Royal Navy's (RN's)
Military recruitment centres across Bolivia on 29 June began receiving an estimated 6,000 'second echelon' personnel that will join about 20,000 'first echelon' soldiers and sailors in the 2017 group now in military service, as the government is working to recruit more females.
For this year 'Law
The US warning of consequences in relation to the Syrian military preparing to use chemical weapons seems to have prevented another attack, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told reporters on 28 June.
"It appears that they took the warning seriously," he said during a visit to Europe.
Indra has announced it is to increase investment in defence and security systems as part of a new strategic plan to be launched in the autumn.
It will be looking in particular at the further development of “technologies that will reinforce Indra's leadership in radars, electronic defence, and
The Mexican Secretariat of the Navy (SEMAR) launched a new Tenochtitlan-class coastal patrol vessel (CPV) at Naval Shipyard 1 on 27 June, SEMAR said in a statement.
ARM Chichén-Itzá (PC 340) is the tenth ship in the Tenochtitlan class, a Mexican-produced variant of the Dutch-designed