- RSS Channel Showcase 9889264
- RSS Channel Showcase 6870602
- RSS Channel Showcase 5289407
- RSS Channel Showcase 6463859
Articles on this Page
- 10/22/17--17:00: _USS Carl Vinson Con...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _US Army M1A2 Abrams...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _Two SSK builders op...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _Trump signs order t...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _STM begins serial p...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _Serbian soldiers sh...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _Orbital ATK waits u...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _MBDA appoints new U...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _Indian Army fast-tr...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _German U212A submar...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _France inaugurates ...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _First Mi-28UB helic...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _Brazilian Army eyes...
- 10/22/17--17:00: _Bertin to acquire W...
- 10/22/17--18:00: _RSS 2017: Chile joi...
- 10/22/17--18:00: _Rostec boosts Mexic...
- 10/22/17--18:00: _Italy authorizes Go...
- 10/22/17--18:00: _Greece upgrades F-16s
- 10/23/17--17:00: _Gen Dunford: Invest...
- 10/23/17--16:00: _Serco expands in US
- 10/22/17--17:00: USS Carl Vinson Conducts F-35C flight operations
- 10/22/17--17:00: US Army M1A2 Abrams upgrades move forward with congressional support
- 10/22/17--17:00: Two SSK builders opt out of India's Project-75(I) programme
- 10/22/17--17:00: Trump signs order to relieve USAF pilot shortage
- 10/22/17--17:00: STM begins serial production of loitering munitions
- 10/22/17--17:00: Serbian soldiers show new equipment
- 10/22/17--17:00: MBDA appoints new UK managing director
- 10/22/17--17:00: German U212A submarine damaged during deep water trials
- 10/22/17--17:00: France inaugurates second GM 406 radar
- 10/22/17--17:00: First Mi-28UB helicopters to be delivered to Russian MoD in November
- 10/22/17--17:00: Brazilian Army eyes new Leopard MBTs
- 10/22/17--17:00: Bertin to acquire Winlight
- 10/22/17--18:00: Rostec boosts Mexican presence
- 10/22/17--18:00: Italy authorizes Golden Power in Piaggio Aerospace transaction
- 10/22/17--18:00: Greece upgrades F-16s
- 10/23/17--17:00: Gen Dunford: Investigation underway over deadly battle in Niger
- 10/23/17--16:00: Serco expands in US
The US Navy's first stealth fighter, an F-35C Lightning II, conducted flight operations on 18 October aboard USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) as the aircraft carrier trained off the coast of Southern California, US Navy (USN) officials said.
These were the first such operations off the Carl Vinson , USN
The US Army’s M1A2 Abrams main battle tank upgrade efforts appear to have solid support among congressional committees in fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018), which could be a key year as the service prepares to introduce or develop a number of capability updates.
For the M1A2 Abrams, the FY 2018
Two of six international SSK builders have opted out of India’s long-delayed Project-75(I) programme
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries/Kawasaki Heavy Industries and Navantia did not respond to the RFI by its 16 October deadline
Two of six conventional submarine manufacturers have opted
The US President signed an Executive Order on 20 October allowing the US Air Force (USAF) to re-recruit pilots as it looks to fill an urgent manpower gap.
The order, which was actually an amendment to Executive Order 13223 signed in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001, means that
The Turkish Defence Industries Undesecretariat (SSM) has announced on Twitter the beginning of local production of loitering munitions. The tweet is accompanied by a video animation of the Alpagu loitering munition.
STM displayed the fixed-wing Alpagu at IDEF 2017, along with the rotary Kargu
Serbia unveiled its 'Project 1500' military modernisation project to equip 1,500 soldiers from special units for the first time in public during the 'Sloboda 2017' ('Freedom 2017') military capability demonstration at Batajnica Air Base, near Belgrade, on 20 October.
Special forces wearing domestic
An official says Orbital ATK left little time for officials to properly process its launch licence request
It usually takes roughly 180 days for the agency to properly evaluate a licence modification request
Orbital ATK ran afoul of the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in
Chris Allam has been appointed managing director (MD) of MBDA UK, taking over from the incumbent Dave Armstrong who is moving on to a new role within BAE Systems.
Allam currently serves as MD of future programmes and services, and engineering director for the Military Air and Information Business,
The Indian Army (IA) is fast-tracking plans to upgrade up to 2,000 of its cantonments across the country in accordance with the federal government’s ‘smart city’ initiative.
Fifty-eight military stations have been identified as part of this ‘pilot project’, senior IA
One of the X rudder blades of the German Navy's U35 U212A submarine was damaged during deep-water trials in the Kattegat, the service announced on 18 October.
The boat is being examined at ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) in Kiel. The U35 was conducting various tests off the Norwegian coast until
The French Air Force inaugurated its second ThalesRaytheonSystems (TRS) Ground Master 406 (GM 406) long-range 3D air surveillance radar on 19 October.
The tower-mounted radar installed at the air force’s EAR 943 unit at Nice Mont-Agel received qualification from the Direction
Russian Helicopters, a Rostec holding company, has manufactured the first batch of Mi-28UB combat training helicopters, which will be delivered to the Russian Ministry of Defenсe (MoD) in November, the holding company has announced. “The aircraft have passed all necessary factory tests.
The Brazilian Army is considering buying surplus Krauss-Maffei Wegmann Leopard 1A5 main battle tanks (MBTs) and support vehicles, and internal preliminary reports are now being drafted, the service told Jane’s .
Officials stressed that no decision has yet been made and no resources are
Bertin Technologies has entered into exclusive negotiations to acquire French optics provider Winlight by the end of 2017, it was announced on 19 October.
The purchase would strengthen both Bertin and its parent company CNIM’s mechanical and optical system portfolio, which are used in support
During the XI Regional Seapower Symposium held in Venice, Chile signed the note of accession to the Italian Navy-led Virtual Regional Maritime Traffic Centre (V-RMTC) and Trans-Regional Maritime Network (T-RMN) initiatives, becoming the latest country to join these networks.
The V-RMTC is a live
Rostec State Corporation and its subsidiary Russian Helicopters have teamed up with Craft Avia Center to facilitate maintenance and future sales support for the Kazan Ansat rotorcraft in the Mexican market.
Following on from the success of the Mi-8/17 and Mi-26 in Mexican Air Force service, Russian
The Italian government is to use its “golden power” to block or approve the sale of Piaggio Aerospace’s commercial aircraft product line.
A decision made by Italy’s Council of Ministers on 19 October approved a motion by Minister of Defence Roberta Pinotti to potentially
The US State Department has approved Foreign Military Sales (FMS) of equipment for the upgrade of 123 Greek F-16s to the Block V configuration, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency announced on 17 October.
The USD2.4 billion upgrade includes APG-83 active electronically scanned array (AESA)
The US Department of Defense is investigating the circumstances that led to four US soldiers being killed during a 4 October battle in Niger, the top US officer told reporters on 23 October.
A group of 12 US special forces personnel embarked on a two-day patrol with 30 Nigerien troops about 85 km
Serco Group announced on 24 October that it has acquired satellite communications and radar services provider BTP Systems.
The USD20 million deal is due to complete by the end of 2017 subject to approvals, with BTP’s satellite and radar expertise expected to complement Serco’s