Articles on this Page
- 08/29/17--17:00: _EDA set to launch n...
- 08/29/17--17:00: _Bahrain to get ex-R...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Venezuelan military...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _US-North Korea prov...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _US to provide AMISO...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _UK military secures...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Turkey addresses pi...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _South Korea unveils...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Poland ponders poss...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _NATO declares enhan...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Japanese MoD asks f...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Indonesian Army est...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _FLIR Systems announ...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Elbit Systems annou...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Brazil eyes US Sher...
- 08/30/17--17:00: _Analysis: Russia lo...
- 08/31/17--17:00: _US Air Force to lau...
- 08/31/17--17:00: _Ukroboronprom detai...
- 08/31/17--17:00: _RUAG posts strong f...
- 08/31/17--17:00: _Royal Navy consider...
- 08/29/17--17:00: EDA set to launch new study into diode-based laser for UAVs
- 08/29/17--17:00: Bahrain to get ex-RAF C-130Js
- 08/30/17--17:00: Venezuelan military conducts major ‘civic-military’ exercise
- 08/30/17--17:00: US to provide AMISOM with enhanced ISR capability
- 08/30/17--17:00: UK military secures access to Oman’s Duqm port
- 08/30/17--17:00: Turkey addresses pilot shortage
- 08/30/17--17:00: Poland ponders possibilities for upgrading T-72s
- 08/30/17--17:00: Japanese MoD asks for USD1.6 billion to boost missile defences
- 08/30/17--17:00: Indonesian Army establishes new strategic reserve command division
- 08/30/17--17:00: FLIR Systems announces reorganisation
- 08/30/17--17:00: Elbit Systems announces F-5 upgrade for Asia Pacific customer
- 08/30/17--17:00: Brazil eyes US Sherpa utility aircraft
- 08/30/17--17:00: Analysis: Russia looks to bridge armour gap
- 08/31/17--17:00: US Air Force to launch X-37B on 7 September
- 08/31/17--17:00: Ukroboronprom details import substitution progress
- 08/31/17--17:00: RUAG posts strong first half sales
- 08/31/17--17:00: Royal Navy considers two carriers essential for F-35 trials
The European Defence Agency (EDA) will soon close a tender for a small study on a big idea: a new kind of laser for drone-mounted countermeasure defences. The goal is to move away from fibre optics for generating the beam, resulting in improved performance and a reduction in cost and other factors
Bahrain has bought two ex-Royal Air Force (RAF) C-130J transport aircraft, the UK Ministry of Defence has confirmed.
It told Jane's on 30 August the two aircraft are currently being refurbished at the Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group facilities at Cambridge Airport under the
The Venezuelan Armed Forces (FANB) conducted a major nationwide military manoeuvre from 26-27 August, showcasing a variety of hardware.
According to Admiral Remigio Ceballos, head of FANB’s Strategic Operational Command (CEOFANB), the event was a “civic-military” exercise
In response to North Korea’s 29 August missile test that overflew northern Japan, the United States, Japan, and South Korea two days later conducted a joint ‘deterrence’ flight that included US Air Force B-1B Lancer bombers and, for the first time, the US Marine Corps’ F-35B
The US Department of State is to provide an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) surveillance system to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), a spokesperson for the US military's Djibouti-based Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa (CJTF-HOA) has told Jane's .
The spokesman said that a
The United Kingdom and Oman have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that will enable the Royal Navy to use the sultanate’s Duqm port, the British Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced on 28 August.
The MoU was signed by Secretary of State Michael Fallon during a visit to Oman and the
The Turkish government issued a new decree on 25 August requiring civil aviation pilots to return to the Turkish Air Force Command (TAFC) in an attempt to bridge a serious shortage in combat pilots.
The shortage has become more acute as a result of the ongoing massive purges of the Turkish Armed
South Korea’s Ministry of National Defense (MND) has reacted to Pyongyang’s 29 August test launch of an intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) by releasing video footage showing the country’s newest Hyeonmu-2 (pronounced: Hyunmoo) ballistic missile being tested.
Mark Cazalet , London
Polish company Zakłady Mechaniczne Bumar-Łabędy is scheduled to present two upgraded versions of the T-72 main battle tank (MBT) at the MSPO-2017 defence exhibition in September. The two vehicles, designated PT-17 and PT-91M2, were designed in response to the
NATO declared its enhanced Forward Presence (eFP) battlegroups in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland fully operational on 28 August.
The announcement follows the declaration of the Canadian-led eFP battlegroup as "fully interoperable and combat effective" after the completion of its
As part of its budget request for fiscal year 2018 Japan’s Ministry of Defense (MoD) has asked the Ministry of Finance in Tokyo for JPY179 billion (USD1.6 billion) to boost the country’s missile defences in light of growing concerns about North Korean missile capability.
The Indonesian Army’s (Tentara Nasional Indonesia – Angkatan Darat: TNI-AD’s) Strategic Reserve Command (KOSTRAD) is currently in the process of forming up a new rapid strike composite division consisting of 1,200 personnel.
The organisation, which has been named the ‘Cakra
FLIR Systems announced on 30 August that it would be re-organising its operations into three business units in order to streamline its operations.
The company’s Government and Defence business will now consist of the existing Surveillance and Detection segments, with the Outdoor and Tactical
Israel’s Elbit System announced on 29 August that it was awarded a contract worth approximately USD93 million from an undisclosed Asia-Pacific country to upgrade its F-5 light fighter fleet, with work expected to be completed by 2020.
According to the company’s statement, it will supply
The Brazilian Army hopes to receive four modernised Shorts C-23B+ Sherpa twin-engine utility aircraft beginning in January 2021, the army told Jane’s on 30 August. The aircraft would be modernised prior delivery, the service added.
These aircraft were decommissioned from the US Army National
Russia has ordered new T-90M, BMPT, and BMP-3 armoured fighting vehicles
The contracts indicate that Russia's next-generation platforms will not enter service for many years
Russia announced contracts during the Army-2017 show that indicate its next generation of armoured
The US Air Force (USAF) is set to launch its X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV) on 7 September, according to a service statement.
The OTV is scheduled to launch on board a SpaceX Falcon 9 vehicle from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. This will be the fifth mission for the secretive X-37B.
Ukrainian state defence manufacturer Ukroboronprom released details of its efforts to reduce its reliance on foreign suppliers on 31 August.
The programme of import substitution, prompted by the outbreak of conflict with pro-Russian separatists in 2014, has seen Russian-produced components swiftly
Swiss defence and aerospace group RUAG published financial results for the first half of 2017 (1H17) on 21 August, revealing a large annual rise in sales. Revenue rose by 5.2% to CHF943 million (USD982 million) in the first two quarters, although earnings before interest and taxes fell significantly
Two Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers are needed to keep the UK flight trials of the Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II combat aircraft on schedule to allow the Royal Navy (RN) to declare its full carrier strike capability, according to the senior officer of the second in the class.